+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help! Citizenship certificate took over 6 weeks.

HuseinMas

Nov 27, 2021
I did my Oath ceremony on Oct 13 and since then i never received the certificate. I called IRCA and i sent them a couple emails but still nothing. What do i do ?
anyone with the sane situation?
thank you

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I did my Oath ceremony on Oct 13 and since then i never received the certificate. I called IRCA and i sent them a couple emails but still nothing. What do i do ?
thank you
What the agent told you when you called?

HuseinMas

Nov 27, 2021
to send an email to the local office which is Ottawa office. I did 4 weeks ago and they just got back to me last Thursday that if i need to apply for urgent certificate which i do not want to. I have heard that it only take a couple weeks to receive it. I also made sure that the home address is correct. But still havent got it yet for 6 weeks and 3 days now :(

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
to send an email to the local office which is Ottawa office. I did 4 weeks ago and they just got back to me last Thursday that if i need to apply for urgent certificate which i do not want to. I have heard that it only take a couple weeks to receive it. I also made sure that the home address is correct. But still havent got it yet for 6 weeks and 3 days now :(
4 weeks ago means 2 weeks from the oath. You emailed them too early. Email them back stating that it has been 6 weeks since the oath, and you haven't received the certificate yet

mhd10

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
thank you
If 4 weeks has passed from your oath date, send an email to the address that you sent your signed oath form to and inform them. I am guessing each local office is going to react differrently but at least they will let you know what you have to do next as there was an applicant in the same situation and was able to get it resolved by doing this. If you have a travel coming up soon it would be a good idea to show them some kind of proof so they can address it immediately.

Reactions: HuseinMas

Suh1756

Star Member
Mar 5, 2017
If 4 weeks has passed from your oath date, send an email to the address that you sent your signed oath form to and inform them. I am guessing each local office is going to react differrently but at least they will let you know what you have to do next as there was an applicant in the same situation and was able to get it resolved by doing this. If you have a travel coming up soon it would be a good idea to show them some kind of proof so they can address it immediately.
I had my Oath on Nov 10, I was supposed to travel on Nov 29th i.e. tomorrow. Just because I didn't receive my certificate I had to postpone my travel into January, had to shed some extra money too on each ticket. We're a family of 4 travelling together. 2 adults, 1 child and 1 infant. This is already the most expensive time of the year to travel and then making changes to 4 tickets got costed us even more. Emailed then 4-5 times with all my travel proof attached. No response at all from the Ottawa IRCC.

HuseinMas

Nov 27, 2021
I had my Oath on Nov 10, I was supposed to travel on Nov 29th i.e. tomorrow. Just because I didn't receive my certificate I had to postpone my travel into January, had to shed some extra money too on each ticket. We're a family of 4 travelling together. 2 adults, 1 child and 1 infant. This is already the most expensive time of the year to travel and then making changes to 4 tickets got costed us even more. Emailed then 4-5 times with all my travel proof attached. No response at all from the Ottawa IRCC.
Im so sorry to hear about your story. Most people who had their oath in Oct received their certificates. But you need to give it at least 4-6 weeks after the certificate left Ottawa office. Mine was told that they emailed it oct 21 so 8 days after the oath was taken. If yours was not email then you can ask them for a self pick up which going to save you a month from now.

Reactions: Suh1756

HuseinMas

Nov 27, 2021
Will do so. Thank you very much

Suh1756

Star Member
Mar 5, 2017
Im so sorry to hear about your story. Most people who had their oath in Oct received their certificates. But you need to give it at least 4-6 weeks after the certificate left Ottawa office. Mine was told that they emailed it oct 21 so 8 days after the oath was taken. If yours was not email then you can ask them for a self pick up which going to save you a month from now.
I tried emailing them 4-5 times already, asked for self pick-up and nothing worked so far. No response at all from the office. The bigger issue is the application status is still In progress and from what most of the folks on this forum say the certificate isn't mailed out until the application status updates to Closed and that's what concerns me the most.

HuseinMas

Nov 27, 2021
I tried emailing them 4-5 times already, asked for self pick-up and nothing worked so far. No response at all from the office. The bigger issue is the application status is still In progress and from what most of the folks on this forum say the certificate isn't mailed out until the application status updates to Closed and that's what concerns me the most.
Mine says that application is closed ! It doesnt say it is in process. Im trying to send them an email tomorrow with urgent processes i do have a paid flight ticket. I hope that works out. Widh you all the best

Reactions: Suh1756

Suh1756

Star Member
Mar 5, 2017
Mine says that application is closed ! It doesnt say it is in process. Im trying to send them an email tomorrow with urgent processes i do have a paid flight ticket. I hope that works out. Widh you all the best
Do let us know if you receive a response from them. That will tell me they are reading emails, at least.