+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Help! CIC Letter - missing documentation

Farah1305

May 29, 2018
PLEASE HELP!
I got a letter from CIC today that stated I am missing documents. They are going to give me 30 days to send them the missing documents. They've identified passports and national identity cards but I submitted all of that already. They have not identified what specifically is missing.

How can I reach CIC and talk to them specifically about what I need to resubmit?

Do I just photocopy all copies of passports and identity cards and resend?
Do these need to be certified????

Also - the letter states that when I submit the documents if it meets the requirements that it will be submitted in the cue based on resubmission. That means my 12 months will begin from February???

Edited to add:

In my original application I submitted the following Identity documents:

Sponsor:
Canadian passport and Canadian birth certificate

Applicant
British passport
Spanish national identity card

Child (who is a Canadian Citizen by right)
British birth certificate and proof of application for Canadian citizenship

I am going to basically resubmit every identity document we all which includes:

Sponsor
Canadian Passport
· Canadian Birth Certificate
· UK Spousal Visa Card

Applicant
· British Passport
· Spanish Passport
· Birth Certificate
· Spanish National Identity Card

Child
· British Passport
· Birth Certificate
· Canadian Citizenship Certificate (Please note that X was received after submission of the PR application)

Guri94681

Star Member
Aug 11, 2018
PLEASE HELP!
I got a letter from CIC today that stated I am missing documents. They are going to give me 30 days to send them the missing documents. They've identified passports and national identity cards but I submitted all of that already. They have not identified what specifically is missing.

How can I reach CIC and talk to them specifically about what I need to resubmit?

Also - the letter states that when I submit the documents if it meets the requirements that it will be submitted in the cue based on resubmission. That means my 12 months will begin from February???

Edited to add:

Sponsor:

Applicant
British passport

Sponsor
Canadian Passport
· UK Spousal Visa Card

Applicant
· British Passport
· Spanish Passport
· Birth Certificate

Child
· British Passport
· Birth Certificate
· Canadian Citizenship Certificate (Please note that X was received after submission of the PR application)
Your lucky tho they gave you time to submit missing docs within 30 days same like me otherwise they could sent whole package back. Dw about anything check it properly in the email wot did they ask for. If its passport, national identity cards then i think you should docs of both i.e. sponsor as well as PA, dependent. It should be notary attested to certified. The docs which you need to send again are all passports, sin number, health cards, birth certificates, driving licences, national insurance number from uk, resident permit card from uk, education docs etc. Make sure if any of above docs aren't in english then get it translate in english.

Now lets move to your next question. If you have got file number n if you submit missing docs within 30 days then it won't start from feb. They ll count according to that date when you submit ur full application first time. Unfortunately if you can't submit within time periods then they ll return your whole package back and after then whenever you ll submit again it will proceed as a fresh application.

They give chance to submit missing docs to only 5% ppl otherwise they send whole file back even if one signature is missing. I have seen in many cases so you should say tnx to god as well as that officer who gave you time to submit missing docs.

In case if you can't arrange all docs on same time to post them then make sure you won't wait for that. According to deadline make sure you ll send those docs which you can arrange and you can send a letter of explaintaion in that post to give you some more time to arrange any other missing docs. Dw about that they will extend your time but only when you send them something within time period and evidences.

I have faced all these probs and did same thing as i told you. But make sure before post to them check it properly their email wot they ask as well as you can call them. Keep the deadline in mind cuz they won't accept it if its even one day late

Good luck to you. If you still have any question or doubt you can ask.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
PLEASE HELP!

Edited to add:

Sponsor:

Applicant
British passport

Sponsor
Canadian Passport
· UK Spousal Visa Card

Applicant
· British Passport
· Spanish Passport
· Birth Certificate

Child
· British Passport
· Birth Certificate
Submit all of the identity docs. They do not need to be certified.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you so much for your reply ... would you be able to say based on my original submission (that I listed) what documents I missed out on in specific??
Can't see anything. Its possible that you submitted everything but IRCC screwed up. Double check the checklist. You could try calling the Call Centre to see if they can see any further specific info.

Farah1305

May 29, 2018
Can't see anything. Its possible that you submitted everything but IRCC screwed up. Double check the checklist. You could try calling the Call Centre to see if they can see any further specific info.
Thanks! Its so frustrating that they didn't specify what exactly was missing.
I've tried the call centre a 100x - can never get through to agent :(