+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Help:CIC is asking for Divorse Certifiate and Son passport,BirthCertifica

srihari ram

Star Member
Nov 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2014
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Done....
04-08-2016(Upfront)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-04-2016
Hi,
I am 29th Aug applicant and just now I got email from CIC asking for divorce certificate and my son passport, birth certificate.
I have mentioned my son as non-accompanying dependent and didn’t submit any of his documents initially along with application.
Actually we were separated 6 years ago and kid was born 2 months after we have separated. Hence I don’t have his birth certificate. Initially I have requested for divorce and she didn't agree and since then we are not in contact.
Along with application I have submitted self-affidavit and letter from lawyer explaining the facts.
For sure, I will not be able to get the documents CIC is asking for.
Below is what I have been asked

My Name:

 > Divorce certificate: If previously married, please provide our office with a divorce certificate(s), application(s) for divorce and divorce order(s). This must be received at this office by: 2016/03/10

My Son Name:
 > Passport/Travel Document: Valid passport or travel document . Please provide an updated scanned copy of your passport/travel document. The document currently on file has expired. This must be received at this office by: 2016/03/10
 > Birth registration/certificate: Birth registration/certificate. This must be received at this office by: 2016/03/10

You must send us the requested information by email within 30 days from the date of this letter.

Actually my passport is expired and i have sent renewed passport, probably they are referring my passport.

I greatly appreciate your advise.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
CIC is requesting:

- your Divorce certificate.
If you don't have it, then your status should be Separated, provide as much information and documents to support it. Lawyer letters, legal documents...

- your son Passport. That can be an issue if you can't communicate your spouse, but you must try.
Send CIC copy of letters and emails you send to your spouse or another relative trying to obtain it.

- your son birth certificate. You should be able to request a new one. If take longer than CIC deadline send a copy of your request.

Of course send a copy of your new passport.

Submit everything on time to CIC, a few days before 30 days limit expires. If you don't have some documents explain it adding available documents.

As soon you get more documents send it to CIC.

As a general rule you must provide CIC with everything them are requesting, or provide a good explanation why you couldn't.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
srihari ram said:
Hi,
I am 29th Aug applicant and just now I got email from CIC asking for divorce certificate and my son passport, birth certificate.
I have mentioned my son as non-accompanying dependent and didn’t submit any of his documents initially along with application.
Actually we were separated 6 years ago and kid was born 2 months after we have separated. Hence I don’t have his birth certificate. Initially I have requested for divorce and she didn't agree and since then we are not in contact.
Along with application I have submitted self-affidavit and letter from lawyer explaining the facts.
For sure, I will not be able to get the documents CIC is asking for.
Below is what I have been asked

My Name:

 > Divorce certificate: If previously married, please provide our office with a divorce certificate(s), application(s) for divorce and divorce order(s). This must be received at this office by: 2016/03/10

My Son Name:
 > Passport/Travel Document: Valid passport or travel document . Please provide an updated scanned copy of your passport/travel document. The document currently on file has expired. This must be received at this office by: 2016/03/10
 > Birth registration/certificate: Birth registration/certificate. This must be received at this office by: 2016/03/10

You must send us the requested information by email within 30 days from the date of this letter.

Actually my passport is expired and i have sent renewed passport, probably they are referring my passport.

I greatly appreciate your advise.
so you are actually not divorced , but you claimed you divorced in your application . strictly it is a lie for VO . Even you try to divorce now through court or something else, the divorce certification date is not good enough for strictly VO .

only suggestion is , take your wife for this immigration , explain the divorce is not success with your wife together. if they accept the explanation , the lie will go , or else can't figure out how to fix it.

srihari ram

Star Member
Nov 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2014
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Done....
04-08-2016(Upfront)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-04-2016
yixiaop26 said:
so you are actually not divorced , but you claimed you divorced in your application . strictly it is a lie for VO . Even you try to divorce now through court or something else, the divorce certification date is not good enough for strictly VO .

only suggestion is , take your wife for this immigration , explain the divorce is not success with your wife together. if they accept the explanation , the lie will go , or else can't figure out how to fix it.
I just have mentioned my status as legally separated, but i have declared my son as non accompyning dependent. Now for sure i will not be able to provide my son date of birth/passport and divorse certificate. From last 4 years i have been in Canada and didn't go back even once.
all these 4 year i have paid taxes with the status 'Seperated'. my son was born 2 months after we have separated. I am not sure how to convince VO regarding my son separation as i don't have any legal document to prove. we don't have any email communication also.

Choc24

May 27, 2014
Regardless of the fact you haven't seen your son in 4 years, he's your son and he has the right potencially to his residence. Same thing with your wife. About your son I don't see any other option you have and about your wife I guess it depends on wether you claimed to be divorced or separated. Either way, you have to prove it. Talk to a lawyer. And your wife.

srihari ram

Star Member
Nov 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2014
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Done....
04-08-2016(Upfront)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-04-2016
Choc24 said:
Regardless of the fact you haven't seen your son in 4 years, he's your son and he has the right potencially to his residence. Same thing with your wife. About your son I don't see any other option you have and about your wife I guess it depends on wether you claimed to be divorced or separated. Either way, you have to prove it. Talk to a lawyer. And your wife.
its been 6 years and we tried many times to contact her. but she is not all responding.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
srihari ram said:
I just have mentioned my status as legally separated, but i have declared my son as non accompyning dependent. Now for sure i will not be able to provide my son date of birth/passport and divorse certificate. From last 4 years i have been in Canada and didn't go back even once.
all these 4 year i have paid taxes with the status 'Seperated'. my son was born 2 months after we have separated. I am not sure how to convince VO regarding my son separation as i don't have any legal document to prove. we don't have any email communication also.

sounds good, if so , you will just need more explanation .

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
I don't know in your country, but in my country you can request a birth certificate if you know, at least, full name and birth city of a person.

You have to clearly support what you're telling to CIC.

I would suggest to contact a lawyer in your country and asking for a way to try to contact your wife, even if you can't contact, you should be able to demonstrate you tried to do it using some documents.

Godgive

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Hi were you about to get the said documents, i was asked the same thing please advice. Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You still have to provide your son's birth certificate and passport even if he is non-accompanying. He will also have to complete the medical.

Godgive

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
I missed placed the ooriginal document asked to submit so i just said am legally separated hoping that will pass but now that have been asked i have required the said document again hoping to get them before the time

rottenapple

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
GP
Category........
NOC Code......
NOC 6242
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF/ Oct. 05,2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Aug. 09,'16
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
NONE
Med's Request
DONE
Med's Done....
16-08-2016/PASSED
Interview........
NOT NEEDED AT THIS TIME
Passport Req..
JANUARY 04,2017
VISA ISSUED...
JAN.20,2017/ Immigrant visa n COPR issued
LANDED..........
Feb.01,2017
srihari ram said:
its been 6 years and we tried many times to contact her. but she is not all responding.
I'm on your same situation, my son cannot get the passport because he was under age. I just submit the Birth Certificate and the Medical except the Passport, I put NONE. And I tell them he need to finish College school. And that time my son was on a legal age (18), he can get passport on his own without mother's presence....

Did ypu already get passport to your son/daughter?

Godgive

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Yes i has call my aunt and told her to travel back Home and get me the photo copy of those documents she was the one who saved them in her box. let's put fingers across.

rottenapple

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
GP
Category........
NOC Code......
NOC 6242
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF/ Oct. 05,2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Aug. 09,'16
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
NONE
Med's Request
DONE
Med's Done....
16-08-2016/PASSED
Interview........
NOT NEEDED AT THIS TIME
Passport Req..
JANUARY 04,2017
VISA ISSUED...
JAN.20,2017/ Immigrant visa n COPR issued
LANDED..........
Feb.01,2017
I just put NONE on my son's passport, but I upload already his medical. Then I put him on unaccompanying child pr for the meantime until he reach the legal age to get his own passport by his self without mother's consent.