+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help -Canada Post lost my Passport and COPR mail from CPO Ottawa

devindia

Sep 17, 2014
Hi ,
Canada post lost my passport with COPR visa send by CPO -Ottawa by an tracked express post on 29th June 2015. I have file a police complaint and got complaint number constable name and badge number.
I have also informed CPO on mail about the lost passport and COPR forwarding regret letter from Canada Post.

Please help me to under stand process for apply new passport in Toronto. I have Open work permit till Jan next year . PP request mail. Can I request for emergency request . I have recent police clearance certificate from India

Also how can I get police compliant copy by Toronto police as its a required document by CGI - mission.

What will be the next step to get COPR stamped.

Any help based on experience will be much appreciated.

I request sign on delivery but Shopper drug mart guy didn't marked on the return envelope.

Regards
Dev

ind-it009

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/16/2014
AOR Received.
06/30/2014
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
06/29/2015
LANDED..........
07/22/2015
devindia said:
Hi ,
Canada post lost my passport with COPR visa send by CPO -Ottawa by an tracked express post on 29th June 2015. I have file a police complaint and got complaint number constable name and badge number.
I have also informed CPO on mail about the lost passport and COPR forwarding regret letter from Canada Post.

Please help me to under stand process for apply new passport in Toronto. I have Open work permit till Jan next year . PP request mail. Can I request for emergency request . I have recent police clearance certificate from India

Also how can I get police compliant copy by Toronto police as its a required document by CGI - mission.

I request sign on delivery but Shopper drug mart guy didn't marked on the return envelope.

Regards
Dev
Hi dev,
How come Canada post loose such envelope with passport. Did it lost after reaching your destination or on its way from CIC to your destination.
How you came to know that it is lost. What does Canada post says now.
Please let me know I am worried seeing your post, since I had send my passport to CPO and worried whether it will come back safe or not.

Thanks,

devindia

Sep 17, 2014
ind-it009 said:
Hi dev,
How come Canada post loose such envelope with passport. Did it lost after reaching your destination or on its way from CIC to your destination.
How you came to know that it is lost. What does Canada post says now.
Please let me know I am worried seeing your post, since I had send my passport to CPO and worried whether it will come back safe or not.

Thanks,
Tracker shows it was delivered and signature was not requested. I came back from work but couldn't locate it. I called CP call center they launched investigation of no use and informed its lost stolen from mail box. Canada post guy didn't marked my return envelope with sign on delivery.

Just to be safe just call the call center and give them instruction not to deliver without signature .

ind-it009

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/16/2014
AOR Received.
06/30/2014
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
06/29/2015
LANDED..........
07/22/2015
devindia said:
Tracker shows it was delivered and signature was not requested. I came back from work but couldn't locate it. I called CP call center they launched investigation of no use and informed its lost stolen from mail box. Canada post guy didn't marked my return envelope with sign on delivery.

Just to be safe just call the call center and give them instruction not to deliver without signature .
Hi,
My God, its strange to see such things do happen.
We should be very alert and be in our destination place to collect the envelope when the return tracker gets updated. Thanks for the information.
I pray God to get your stolen passports back very soon.

Regards,

Hichaman

Mar 12, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
2**2
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2014
AOR Received.
03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
03-2014
Med's Request
04-2015
Med's Done....
04-2015
Interview........
Waived Alhamdolilah
Passport Req..
06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-2015
LANDED..........
08-2015 :)
I'm very sorry to hear this, did you check with neighbours? check every house in your neighbourhood, it might ve got delivered to some1 else, also check the return address and see if the house number are clear, I've seen few threads like this and people end up finding their passports.

Tonimir

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
devindia said:

I had a very similar incident a year ago. (I was expecting my Passprot with an extended WORKER visa)

It was a painful one week of wait and wondering !!! Long story short, the incompetent CandaPost mail guy , put my envelope in someone else's mailbox in some other location. Luckily for me, whoever received my envelope, has returned it back to CanadaPost (unopened) and the envelope showed up again in the system and later the day in my mailbox.

IT was a very painful experience. The whole nightmare continued exactly one week!

What I would suggest you, keep calling them for your incident ticket. Don't give them a break.

Do you have the paper copy of the return envelope? (where you wrote your address on as a receiver)
Just double check that the spelling and hand-writing was very clear and correct.

I wish you all the best of luck!

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Canada Post did this in past also .
I can understand your situation .
Some one in forum had same issue and CP delivered envelop to some next building.

That guy put notice in all nearby buildings and some one appeared after 1-2 days and returned him envelop. it was delivered to same Apt # but at different building

Good Luck my friend

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/passport-and-copr-lost-by-canada-post-t231387.45.html

Randy.Orton

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
devindia said:
Hi ,

Regards
Dev
Hey, where you able to determine the step? Did CIC reply to your request? My passport is stolen too.