+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help.Calculation of Canadian 1year work experience.

DEVANSH_PATEL

Jun 21, 2020
Hello,
Please help me

According to my employment reference letter it is stating that I am full time employee entitled to work 40 hours/week and I just completed 1year experience.
My total work hours is 1727

Payrolls in which their are less than 60 hours
1- 57 hours
2- 58 hours
3- 58 hours

Question 1 - I have 3 payrolls in which I worked less than 60 hours. So do I need to work more for 1.5 months in order to qualify?
Because honestly I only worked 46 weeks with more than 30 hours

Question 2- can IRCC count the other weeks part time because after 1 year I had significant health issues and I am able to work only 40-50 hours biweekly.

I am unable to do the job and I want to quit.

Can someone please help me to make sure I have 1 year to experience or not or else how much time I need to continue working?

Thanks a lot

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,
Please help me

According to my employment reference letter it is stating that I am full time employee entitled to work 40 hours/week and I just completed 1year experience.
My total work hours is 1727

Payrolls in which their are less than 60 hours
1- 57 hours
2- 58 hours
3- 58 hours

Question 1 - I have 3 payrolls in which I worked less than 60 hours. So do I need to work more for 1.5 months in order to qualify?
Because honestly I only worked 46 weeks with more than 30 hours

Question 2- can IRCC count the other weeks part time because after 1 year I had significant health issues and I am able to work only 40-50 hours biweekly.

I am unable to do the job and I want to quit.

Can someone please help me to make sure I have 1 year to experience or not or else how much time I need to continue working?

Thanks a lot
This is how you calculate the 1 year of work experience:

1) For every week you worked 30 hours or more - count this as 1 week of work experience (it doesn't matter how many hours you worked above 30 hours, it still only counts as 1 week).
2) For all of your part time weeks, add the hours together and divide by 30.

Add the 2 numbers above together. If you have at least 52, then you can claim a year of work experience.

Reactions: DEVANSH_PATEL

DEVANSH_PATEL

Jun 21, 2020
This is how you calculate the 1 year of work experience:

1) For every week you worked 30 hours or more - count this as 1 week of work experience (it doesn't matter how many hours you worked above 30 hours, it still only counts as 1 week).
2) For all of your part time weeks, add the hours together and divide by 30.

Add the 2 numbers above together. If you have at least 52, then you can claim a year of work experience.
If I calculate all the part time week hours I can easily add 6 weeks that means it is exactly 52 that means I have 1 year of experience.

I am confused because according to IRCC website it says we need to work minimum of 30 hours/ week and I have missed that for 3 payrolls so are you sure that they will understand this and add 6 weeks of part time experience to make it 1 year of full experience?
  1. Full-time at 1 job
    Thirty hours per week for 12 months is equal to 1 year full-time (1,560 hours).

Please help and sincerely thank you so much

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If I calculate all the part time week hours I can easily add 6 weeks that means it is exactly 52 that means I have 1 year of experience.

I am confused because according to IRCC website it says we need to work minimum of 30 hours/ week and I have missed that for 3 payrolls so are you sure that they will understand this and add 6 weeks of part time experience to make it 1 year of full experience?
  1. Full-time at 1 job
    Thirty hours per week for 12 months is equal to 1 year full-time (1,560 hours).

Please help and sincerely thank you so much
I'm not sure where you are looking on the IRCC web site however it's well known and well documented on the IRCC website that you can include part time hours.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html

Reactions: DEVANSH_PATEL

DEVANSH_PATEL

Jun 21, 2020
I'm not sure where you are looking on the IRCC web site however it's well known and well documented on the IRCC website that you can include part time hours.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html
Thanks for the link.

My question is why will ircc consider my part time hours if my employee reference letter says I am full time worker?
Will they consider it ?
If yes then I am safe.

Thanks again.
Hoping for a prompt response