+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help Bryanna.. My TRV got refused

Abhi0601

Oct 30, 2016
Hi Bryanna,

Hope you are doing good.
I need your suggestion in reapplying for visitor visa to canada. My previous application got rejected on 16th Oct, 2018 by Delhi High Commission. Reason was visa officer not satisfied that I will come back to India.
Documents I submitted were:
Sponsorship letter from my brother in law & sister living in canada.
I have shown sufficient land on my name. I am working in my dad's business as Manager, submitted all my tax returns for the prior years. I have sufficient funds deposited in my bank acccount too. Reason for visit was to celebrate my niece's first birthday & planned to stay in canada for 1 month.
Somehow, got refusal letter. Please advise how sh

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Sorry to know you were refused. Based on your post, however, a refusal was highly likely.

1. What were the refusal reasons?

2. Have you traveled to other visa-required countries?

I have shown sufficient land on my name.
1. Land is not a compelling reason to return.

2. Is this agricultural land or land intended to construct on? If it is agricultural land, do you earn an income from it?

3. When was it transferred to your name and by whom?

I am working in my dad's business as Manager, submitted all my tax returns for the prior years.
It's quite tricky to prove employment ties in a family business.

1. Do you have a letter of employment + payslips + well-defined job responsibilities + earn a salary which is regularly transferred to your personal bank account?

2. Can your dad or someone else manage the work you do if you're away?

3. Tax returns won't help too much because the tax consultant can show that you are earning a salary for tax purposes, but that income is not actually paid to you in reality.

I have sufficient funds deposited in my bank acccount too.
It seems like funds were borrowed/transferred to your bank account shortly before applying.

Reason for visit was to celebrate my niece's first birthday & planned to stay in canada for 1 month.
Birthdays are not considered as compelling reasons to visit. Has your sister planned a celebration? Booked a venue, etc? If yes, did you include evidence of it + invitations to other people?