+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Help at Skill Transferability Factor Section

lagoon19

Apr 25, 2015
Hi all,

How do we prove that we have had the foreign work experience under the Skill Transfer ability Section? Does it have to be the same NOC with the job we are working on now? In my country, the salary is mostly paid by cash, it means there would not have any bank statement as evident. Can I only use company letter to support it?

Please help. Thanks!

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
lagoon19 said:
Hi all,

How do we prove that we have had the foreign work experience under the Skill Transfer ability Section? Does it have to be the same NOC with the job we are working on now? In my country, the salary is mostly paid by cash, it means there would not have any bank statement as evident. Can I only use company letter to support it?

Please help. Thanks!
What you should do is look up what NOC your job abroad corresponds to- only the job(s) referring to the primary NOC that you are applying with count under FSWP. Not having bank statements reflecting your salary flow is fine (though make sure you have the required amount needed to immigrate). Either salary slips (if they exist), or a note of your salary on the Reference Letter from the Employer, will work just fine as substitutes.
Good luck!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
You earn the points in Skill Transferability for foreign work experience either if you have Canadian work experience or you have minimum CLB 7 in all tests. It's possible to earn them for both.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lagoon19 said:
Hi all,

Please help. Thanks!
The entire foreign work experience of 3 years need not be in the same NOC for CRS - Skills Transferability purposes. In order to prove the experience, you'll need a reference letter which specifically outlines your job responsibilities and they must match most of the main duties of your chosen NOC. Proof of salaries received isn't required if your reference letter mentions your salary details.

lagoon19

Apr 25, 2015
Thank you very much for all help!!

I have 2 years work experience here at Canada, but only one year at home country and my current CLB is L/R/W/S = 10/10/7/7, so how much score should I have under this Skill Transferability Factor? It is kinda confusing.

Thanks again.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lagoon19 said:
Thank you very much for all help!!

I have 2 years work experience here at Canada, but only one year at home country and my current CLB is L/R/W/S = 10/10/7/7, so how much score should I have under this Skill Transferability Factor? It is kinda confusing.

Thanks again.
You will get 38 points for sure based on the information provided. You can get 50 additional points if you have a Masters degree/Bachelors + post graduate diploma/degree/certificate or 38 additional points if you have only Bachelors degree.

Overall, that would be either 88 or 76 points under Skills Transferability depending on your educational credentials.