+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help - Application Returned

LeelaD

Star Member
Aug 1, 2016
Hi all - I will get straight to the point and hope I can get some help here of next move.

Have been living in Quebec for 18 months continuously as of now, prior to that also lived here so a total of almost three years legally via return visas and extension permits. I am British. Partner is Canadian...have struggled and stressed over application and how to apply(inbound3outbound) I have 5 year old son with father deceased who is currently speaking french and enrolled in school here, finally applied coming toward the end of my last extension permit. Was certain that I had completed the forms accurately - we both checked them multiple times - however...they have been returned because I somehow did not put my parents current address on the additional family information(there was a box for their address to be added but it said e-mail above it and as it had asked in other forms for their address I presumed that I didnt need to put it there) I could kick myself. The problem is I have now run out of status as I was very stupidly counting on having implied status while that was being processed....

Can anyone advise, I am guessig I am now going to have to apply for reinstatement of status and then re-apply, have I lost my fees or will they be refunded or can they be carried on if I just fill in the missing information and send this back? I am now out of status right? Any advice would be truly welcomed.

LeelaD

Star Member
Aug 1, 2016
Hi all - I will get straight to the point and hope I can get some help here of next move.

Have been living in Quebec for 18 months continuously as of now, prior to that also lived here so a total of almost three years legally via return visas and extension permits. I am British. Partner is Canadian...have struggled and stressed over application and how to apply(inbound3outbound) I have 5 year old son with father deceased who is currently speaking french and enrolled in school here, finally applied coming toward the end of my last extension permit. Was certain that I had completed the forms accurately - we both checked them multiple times - however...they have been returned because I somehow did not put my parents current address on the additional family information(there was a box for their address to be added but it said e-mail above it and as it had asked in other forms for their address I presumed that I didnt need to put it there) I could kick myself. The problem is I have now run out of status as I was very stupidly counting on having implied status while that was being processed....

Can anyone advise, I am guessig I am now going to have to apply for reinstatement of status and then re-apply, have I lost my fees or will they be refunded or can they be carried on if I just fill in the missing information and send this back? I am now out of status right? Any advice would be truly welcomed.

ADDITIONAL INFO- I have been granted two sx month extensions of my visa and have the means and proof that I can provide for my son while I reside here during the sponsorship process.