+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE HELP. About past inadmissible or "allowed to leave Canada" form.

Forhad093

May 23, 2015
Hello, i have visited USA last December-January & i have 5 years multiple B1/B2 visa. I also visited Canada on January 2014 & I am carrying a Bangladeshi passport.

My case is, i have visited Niagara Falls while I was in USA & i just wanted to ask the immigration officer if it is possible to go to Canadian side of Niagara to take a few pictures then be back within minutes. I had my cousins with me, who are USA citizens. My Canadian visa was expired by then. The officer responded negatively & gave me a paper stated "allowed to leave Canada" which is pursuant to subsection 42.(1) of the immigration and refugee protection regulation. Also written reason for inadmissibility : "41(A) 11(1) R7(1)" He also scanned my passport but did not write or seal anything on the passport.

I have a plan to apply for student visa in Canada for February 2016 session.

Will I face any problems regarding this issue? Should i state it on application form? Will I face any problem if I don't mention it? Please help me. It'll be very helpful. Thanks.

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
I'm not sure, it doesn't seem to be a very grave case or enough reason for a VO to refuse you a student permit. It was foolishness (you should've checked your visa effectivity lol) ... the problem is he scanned your passport so I'm not sure if that means if it was entered into their system. If it was then technically you've been denied entry into Canada and thus must disclose this on your application form. You'll get into more trouble if you don't disclose it.

I still think you will be granted a student visa though, if your application is legit. Seems like a petty reason to refuse someone to me but you never know.

Sorry dude, I wish I could be of more help

Forhad093

May 23, 2015
Thanks for the reply. I am also confused of whether to disclose it or not. Just if I could know these boarder scans go to the visa office or not. Thanks anyway.

tim420

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
You should disclose it and write an explanation letter with valid reasons to the visa officer when apply for study permit, explain the situation to the visa officer truthfully.

They won't issue you the study permit if you hide any info , they might have info in their system coz he scanned your passport at the border. Better speak with some good immigration lawyer in Canada and apply study visa with the help of a lawyer

Forhad093

May 23, 2015
Thanks for the reply. As I don't know what the actual metter is, I am going to write an explanation letter with attaching the paper that was given to me by the officer.

tim420

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Forhad093 said:
Thanks for the reply. As I don't know what the actual metter is, I am going to write an explanation letter with attaching the paper that was given to me by the officer.
Yes, that would be best. Write a convincing letter to the visa officer and explain the situation in a convincing manner. Best of luck to you

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Forhad093 said:
Hello, i have visited USA last December-January & i have 5 years multiple B1/B2 visa. I also visited Canada on January 2014 & I am carrying a Bangladeshi passport.

My case is, i have visited Niagara Falls while I was in USA & i just wanted to ask the immigration officer if it is possible to go to Canadian side of Niagara to take a few pictures then be back within minutes. I had my cousins with me, who are USA citizens. My Canadian visa was expired by then. The officer responded negatively & gave me a paper stated "allowed to leave Canada" which is pursuant to subsection 42.(1) of the immigration and refugee protection regulation. Also written reason for inadmissibility : "41(A) 11(1) R7(1)" He also scanned my passport but did not write or seal anything on the passport.

I have a plan to apply for student visa in Canada for February 2016 session.

Will I face any problems regarding this issue? Should i state it on application form? Will I face any problem if I don't mention it? Please help me. It'll be very helpful. Thanks.
You were found inadmissible (IRPA 41A) due to not having a TRV as required of a Foreign National seeking to enter Canada on a temporary basis (unless exempted which you were not) - IRPA Regs 7.1. / IRPA 11.1.

You were allowed to withdraw the application to enter Canada as per IRPA Regs 42.1. The CBSA agent you met at the border gave you a break as they could have reported you and given you an exclusion order leading to a 1 or 5 year ban on return. Likely your previous Canadian visa and prior visit with exit helped.

You shouldn't even think about not declaring this in any Canadian visa application. Its on the record so as advised include it and explain the circumstances. It would help your explanation if you include evidence of your US departure date e.g return leg boarding pass. Are your relatives willing to write letters confirming the events on the day? Its not worth the risk of seeking entry for a 'tourist' type reason when you don't have the required visa...if the US border was closed as an emergency and you couldn't get back into the US or you had just had a serious accident and the nearest hospital was across the border in Canada well then that's a different situation.

Forhad093

May 23, 2015
Thanks a lot for such a clear and precise description. Now it's more clear to me. Of course my US relatives could write me a letter confirming the event. Now that you have put the idea in my mind, I am going to submit their letter too. I don't know how to thank you more. It really helped.

Forhad093

May 23, 2015
hello all, I have applied already and I have attached the form with a written letter stating it was an honest mistake made from unawareness. As a tourist I was really unaware of the fact that I was already on Canadian side of the boarder & after I was asked to leave, I left immediately. Other than this, I have a quite good profile, financially and academically. What are my chances??

Forhad093

May 23, 2015
I have got a mail to do my medical test. Only in 5 days I am called for medical test. is it good? does it mean my that foolish occurrence will not affect in my visa procedure? I am not saying I will get the visa but just worried about that letter given to me actually.

Forhad093

May 23, 2015
Can anyone please tell me, if they had to reject me for that letter, would they call me for medical? I know they still can reject me, but is there any chance they will reject for that "allowed to leave Canada" letter? I have disclosed & written specifically what happened & it was just a mistake from unawareness. please reply if anyone has any idea of it.

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015