+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help....! a few questions to ask about the CEC before I make my decision.

laikayung

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
I applied under the BC PNP stream and got nominated back in Nov last year. but recently I got fired.. so Now i'm unemployed.. I know that I may be able to get a chance to look for a new employer in a few months but it sounds pretty hard for me since I will have to wait for about 2 months until im legal to work even if I get a job offer..

So, I am thinking to go back to my home country and apply for the CEC. I have one year and 3 almost 4 months work experience in Canada. the first 6 months I worked full time for an employer who refused to give me a letter of employment in the end... and the other 9 almost 10 months I work full time for another employer who has helped me with the PNP but fired me in the end.. so now my situation is.. I have 9 months experience that I can prove to the CEC and since I worked 40 hours per week, my work hours are over 1600 already...

I have 3 questions..
If I go back to my home country, can I still apply for the CEC?
Does the CEC require you to work in Canada while the application is in process? Which I know a lot of people have a full time job offer and are currently working in canada... is the arrange of employment needed for the CEC?
In my case, should I include my 6 months work experience in my application even though I cant prove it?

Thanks in advance for your answers!! your help would be highly appreciated....

Im really lost...please help

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
laikayung said:
I applied under the BC PNP stream and got nominated back in Nov last year. but recently I got fired.. so Now i'm unemployed.. I know that I may be able to get a chance to look for a new employer in a few months but it sounds pretty hard for me since I will have to wait for about 2 months until im legal to work even if I get a job offer..

So, I am thinking to go back to my home country and apply for the CEC. I have one year and 3 almost 4 months work experience in Canada. the first 6 months I worked full time for an employer who refused to give me a letter of employment in the end... and the other 9 almost 10 months I work full time for another employer who has helped me with the PNP but fired me in the end.. so now my situation is.. I have 9 months experience that I can prove to the CEC and since I worked 40 hours per week, my work hours are over 1600 already...

I have 3 questions..
If I go back to my home country, can I still apply for the CEC?
Yes. Your qualifying experience must be no older than 3 years at the time you apply.

Does the CEC require you to work in Canada while the application is in process?
No

Which I know a lot of people have a full time job offer and are currently working in canada... is the arrange of employment needed for the CEC?
No

In my case, should I include my 6 months work experience in my application even though I cant prove it?

The key with CEC is that you are able to prove your experience in a skilled occupation. You don't state what type of work permit(s) you had or what your occupation was, but you would need letters of employment from both employers to qualify.

You can prove that you worked for the employer using a Record of Employment (you can only get those after you have left a job) from Service Canada. But CIC relies on the letter to say what your actual job duties and responsibilities were, it is extremely difficult to provide that information using alternative documentation.

For more information -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

jovel28

Oct 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney nova scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
april 24, 2013
I have a question too about my situation. All my papers for cec application is done and complete already i have a 1 year experience to the company. but im thinking if im gonna submit it or not coz my workpermit just renew this february and will expire on 2015 but the problem is i quit on my job. My question is can i still submit my papers? Do you think my application will gonna cause a refusal coz im now unemployed? Pls i need help.,,