+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please give some advice! Dilemma of TRV, OWP and PR application

karinn

Mar 29, 2011
Hello everyone,
We have been struggling about our applications for weeks now, could any one please help us with some advices?

OUR SITUATIONS ARE AS FOLLOWS:

- My husband first came to Canada with Study permit and then his private school applied for him a work permit (which I believed it is a co-op work permit since it states the employer is the school), but the school's program is 2 years (1 year study and 1 year co-op). The school was not helpful at all in finding a co-op job for him, that's why he had to find by himself. He finally got a full time job in Edmonton, Canada, this job which is not related at all with the school's co-op program.

- His study permit and that "co-op" work permit will expired this August 2011

- His employer (which is a small company) does not agree to do the LMO. He is working as computer tech.

- His TRV is one way, which is crossed by the immigration officer when he first entered into Canada.

- We already got marriage certificate (married date was April 17,2011). I am currently is permanent resident of Canada. We are planning to do spousal sponsorship in-canada class application

- We are planning to go back to Viet Nam for a traditional wedding this December 2011

SO, OUR QUESTIONS ARE:

- How should he apply for a Open work permit? Is he working now considered legal or illegal? Can he change status from co-op work permit to an open work permit? Does it require a LMO?

- We were advised from the immigration agent that we should mail TRV application in one envelope and OWP + PR application in another envelope. We understand this is correct but it will take 6-9months to wait for the first stage approval to get the OWP, then, all his visas already expired and he cannot continue to work.

-We were advised from our friend (who works for the lawyer office) that we should mail TRV+OWP together and these will be mailed separately with PR application. Should we do this way? If yes, should we mail these 3 applications at the same time or mail TRV+OWP first, wait to get the new visas, then, mail the PR application so that the Immigration office won't be confused and questioned?? Or we should mail these at the same time? Which way is preferable?

-For the form IMM 1249E apply for OWP, if it is mailed separately with PR application, should I include copy of marriage certificate. And how and where should we state to ask for the OWP, not an extension?

- Can we go back to our country at the end of this year (I knew that we are advised not to)?

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANY HELP / SUGGESTIONS
WE APPRECIATE YOUR IDEAS

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
He probably won't be able to get a TRV to come back to Canada after the wedding in December, 2011. If he can't get back in to Canada, you can't do an inland application.