+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please give me some advice on prioritizing my choice of Canadian master's programs

Mar 23, 2024
I have applied for a 2nd Master's in Electrical Engineering in Canada, I have 2+11 years of work experience in the field of Electric Power, and I hope to stay in Canada as a permanent resident after graduation, I am looking for prioritization advice if I can get offers from all of them. The advantages and disadvantages of each school analyzed by myself are as follows:

1, the University of Regina course-based electronic systems engineering master's program, there are 8 months of the coop and counted as credits, there is a coop, then consider the employment will be better? I sent an email asking for a reply saying that the University will help students to find a coop job. However, there are few employment opportunities in Saskatchewan, so I don't know if I can find a professional job after graduation. In addition, I don't know if the Saskatchewan PR program for international students is reliable or not.

2, Lakehead University ECE course-based master's degree, after enrollment according to the test scores to apply for coop opportunities, I do not know whether I can apply for a coop, apply for coop whether I can find a coop job is also not sure, and Ontario's northern towns maybe even fewer employment opportunities. The good aspect is that according to the current ONIP EOI, the regional score can be added 10 points, but this year's frequent changes in politics, feel the probability of ONIP's future job offer will become a must-have, feel the prospect is also uncertain. Also, I have gotten a verbal offer for a no-funding thesis-based ECE program, but it's definitely harder to get into, and it's not clear if employment would be better in a thesis-based program.

3, the University of Western ECE course is based master's degree, the length is a little shorter, but when added to the GDip is said to be unable to get rid of, the location is slightly better, and Ontario can be to the south of the nearby city to find a job. But it is said that only very few people can apply to the coop, and can find the coop work of very few people. Regional score of 8 points, employment after graduation can not be determined.

4, the University of Saskatchewan has received a verbal offer of a project-based master's degree in electrical engineering, you can go into the lab and do projects with the supervisor, with no FUNDING, at present I can see the same lab graduates' employment seems to be good, there may be a professor inside push, but it is not sure if it is the case.

5, Memorial University's course-based master's degree in energy systems engineering, there are even fewer people over there, fewer job opportunities, and it's not clear if it's easy to apply for PR through the AIPP International Student Provincial Nominee Program.