+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please give me some advice MSP BC

tnangers

Jan 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone, here is my situation. I sponsored my parents under family class. They came here on Feb 27, 2016. Before they came, I told them to buy private insurance to wait until they get MSP BC.

Unfortunately, my Mom just passed away last week due to sudden heart attack. I found out that my parents never bought any private insurance when my Mom when to hospital. Staffs at hospital said my Mom had PHN already, but had not been active yet. (i applied MSP for them the next day they landed).

Now social worker gave me the form request waive 3 months period and said wait for all the bill come to me and fill out the form and attach all the bills together and send to Minister of Health . And I just received a huge bill from doctors (bill from hospital I guess on their way).

If any one has same or similar situation with me, please let me know will Minister of Health/Finance accept the waive period? I am so worry because no way that I can afford the bill from hospital.

Please help me.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tnangers said:
Hello everyone, here is my situation. I sponsored my parents under family class. They came here on Feb 27, 2016. Before they came, I told them to buy private insurance to wait until they get MSP BC.
Sorry for your loss

If I were in your shoes, I would just phone my insurance broker and buy the private insurance on their behalf until they get BC MSP. But too late now...

Make sure you buy one for your dad!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am sorry for your loss but I can not tell you if they will grant you a waive period. However, if you were told to apply for it, I am sure it is granted in some cases.

I agree you should get insurance for your dad. He will be covered under MSP by May 1st.