Feb 3, 2015
Med's Request
Mar 2, 2016
Med's Done....
Mar 4, 2016
Passport Req..
Mar 22, 2016
Hi all,

I am in a very difficult situation right now, and I am so frustrated about what to do, I hope you guys can give me some advice.

I sent my CEC application on Sept 22, 2014 and it is received on Sept 23, 2014. My Post Graduation Open Work Permit expires on Nov 22, 2014. Since the slowing down of issuing AORs recently, I am just right on the edge of may or may not receive the AOR on time to apply for the BOWP. I plan to send paper application for BOWP a couple of days before my current work permit expires, to buy me some time. This plan might work out if they do not further slowing down on issuing AORs, and very importantly, that I did not make silly mistakes on my CEC application and have it returned to me without being processed, which is something that scares me if I just think about it.

I don't think I have made any mistakes on my application, but there might be a couple minor issues, but I am hoping for right now the application will be accepted and AOR issued, so I can just deal with the other issues later.

At the end of the day, I really just want to be able to stay here and continue working. I struggled before and worked so hard in the last couple of years. I am now finally doing what I love to do, and I am making a decent income and just got promoted in August two levels above my previous role. I would hate to stop working at this stage.

I am thinking about a plan B and C, and plans to meet with an immigration lawyer to see what I can do, but I want to hear you guys' opinion before I see the lawyer, may be you guys can give me some ideas. The consultation with the lawyer cost $300, and I believe it is for 1 hour only. I still haven't decided whether I want/need the lawyer to be my representative for the PR application, i think that would cost at least a few thousand dollars. I don't mind paying it, I just want to make sure it helps.

My plan B is to look for a job where the employer is willing to apply for a LMO, however, I have no idea where do you look for jobs like that. I have never seen job postings where it mentions anything about LMO. May be someone here can give me some advice on where to look for this kind of jobs. I have working experience in a major bank as a Senior Financial Advisor or Financial Planner, where I help clients build financial plans and sell financial products. My NOC code is 6235 (Financial Sales Representative), but I think 1114 (Financial Planner) probably works too. I am looking for a sales position in any financial institution, investment firm or insurance company, as long as they can get the LMO for me.

My plan C is to apply for FSW, currently the NOC code I used for CEC is 6235 and it would not qualify for FSW, but 1114 would do. This is something I plan to discuss with the lawyer, may be have him apply for FSW for me, and hopefully I can get PR sooner. With this plan, i will have to stop working for a few months but half a year is better than 1 year if FSW application can be completed in 6 months like some of the posts suggested here.

I just don't want to be left without any choice in late Nov if something went wrong with receiving the AOR. Let me know what you guys think? Thank you so much in advance.

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
Why don't you send BOWP now straightaway with explanation that you might lose status in Canada ? Are you from Visa Exempt Country , I have heard people getting BOWP even without AOR , Well why not to try at-least .

TorontoCC

Sep 29, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 23, 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 3, 2015
Med's Request
Mar 2, 2016
Med's Done....
Mar 4, 2016
Passport Req..
Mar 22, 2016
Gurindar said:
Why don't you send BOWP now straightaway with explanation that you might lose status in Canada ? Are you from Visa Exempt Country , I have heard people getting BOWP even without AOR , Well why not to try at-least .
Thanks for the suggestion. I am not from a Visa Exempt country. I think if I send BOWP application now without AOR, i would be declined for sure because it is the most important requirement for BOWP. At least if I wait, I might get it on time. But if worst come to worst, and I don't get an AOR a few days before my work permit expires, then I will send my BOWP application without AOR, not that it would help but it would buy me sometime to wait for the AOR.

samir3132

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2010
Visa Office......
cpp
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 08, 2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2014
Med's Request
June 04 2014
Med's Done....
June 06 2014
Passport Req..
sep 26,2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 01 2015
TorontoCC said:
Thanks for the suggestion. I am not from a Visa Exempt country. I think if I send BOWP application now without AOR, i would be declined for sure because it is the most important requirement for BOWP. At least if I wait, I might get it on time. But if worst come to worst, and I don't get an AOR a few days before my work permit expires, then I will send my BOWP application without AOR, not that it would help but it would buy me sometime to wait for the AOR.
Apply online day before expire date till than you will sure get aor if not than attche explanation letter. Best of luck

hondaFan13

Jul 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
please also keep in mind that CIC-ottawa and Sydney are separate units. I dont think Sydney office has slowed down considerably..

TorontoCC

Sep 29, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 23, 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 3, 2015
Med's Request
Mar 2, 2016
Med's Done....
Mar 4, 2016
Passport Req..
Mar 22, 2016
Thank you guys for your input.

Does anybody know where I can find jobs that the employer would apply for LMO?

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
I was in your situation last year, worse than yours, to be honest. What I did was that I filed a work permit extension without any LMO three days before the expiration of my post graduate work permit. I composed a cover letter and explained that my employer has applied for LMO but he has not received any file number yet (which was completely honest and true). I sent the application by mail. This pushed me into 'implied status', which helped me to work more before the rejection letter got to my doorstep. So you might want to consider this at the very last stage, if you are completely desperate.

Now I'm pretty sure you will receive your file number for CEC. Don't panic, you have not made any mistakes in your application. Trust me, you are a smart person, I can read it. So stop over thinking it.

The other option that you have is to wait till couple of days before your permit expiration and file in a BOWP and compose a letter explaining that you have already applied for CEC and you are waiting on your AOR. I have seen people getting approved with this. What happens is that when you send in your application they assign a file number to it and push it in a queue. Sometime after 2 months somebody sends you an email letting you know about your AOR. This does not mean that they have not assigned you any file number before the email. They have it on their system. So if you get lucky, your BOWP officer will open your file and see your AOR and will issue you the BOWP. I have seen this happen before.

Getting to LMO part, there is no website or anything similar that you can find companies willing to help you out with LMOs. All you can do is to ask a company in your profession to do it for you. To be honest this is the hardest job on earth. But you never know, you might get lucky and find a company that is willing to do this.

Your FSW app would be nice, if you have another $550 to burn. But I would suggest a provincial programme, if you can file in a PNP app, by the time you get approved they will issue you a letter with which you can apply for work permit and even extend your work permit. The provincial programmes are very easy, your employer does not have to do anything compared to LMO. Do your studies and try to explain your situation to your current employer (since you have got a promotion, I think they are able to help you out with this as well).

Last part, remember, you have loads of time on your hands. For me, I only had a week to do everything and not get my ass kicked! I actually applied for CEC when I was out of status. So I think you can pretty much imagine what I went through.

All to all I think you'll receive your AOR soon enough to apply for your work permit. Fingers crossed!

Best of luck,

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
rezafc said:
I was in your situation last year, worse than yours, to be honest. What I did was that I filed a work permit extension without any LMO three days before the expiration of my post graduate work permit. I composed a cover letter and explained that my employer has applied for LMO but he has not received any file number yet (which was completely honest and true). I sent the application by mail. This pushed me into 'implied status', which helped me to work more before the rejection letter got to my doorstep. So you might want to consider this at the very last stage, if you are completely desperate.

Now I'm pretty sure you will receive your file number for CEC. Don't panic, you have not made any mistakes in your application. Trust me, you are a smart person, I can read it. So stop over thinking it.

The other option that you have is to wait till couple of days before your permit expiration and file in a BOWP and compose a letter explaining that you have already applied for CEC and you are waiting on your AOR. I have seen people getting approved with this. What happens is that when you send in your application they assign a file number to it and push it in a queue. Sometime after 2 months somebody sends you an email letting you know about your AOR. This does not mean that they have not assigned you any file number before the email. They have it on their system. So if you get lucky, your BOWP officer will open your file and see your AOR and will issue you the BOWP. I have seen this happen before.

Getting to LMO part, there is no website or anything similar that you can find companies willing to help you out with LMOs. All you can do is to ask a company in your profession to do it for you. To be honest this is the hardest job on earth. But you never know, you might get lucky and find a company that is willing to do this.

Your FSW app would be nice, if you have another $550 to burn. But I would suggest a provincial programme, if you can file in a PNP app, by the time you get approved they will issue you a letter with which you can apply for work permit and even extend your work permit. The provincial programmes are very easy, your employer does not have to do anything compared to LMO. Do your studies and try to explain your situation to your current employer (since you have got a promotion, I think they are able to help you out with this as well).

Last part, stay remember, you have loads of time on your hands. For me, I only had a week to do everything and not get my ass kicked! I actually applied for CEC when I was out of status. So I think you can pretty much imagine what I went through.

All to all I think you'll receive your AOR soon enough to apply for your work permit. Fingers crossed!

Best of luck,
This is very reassuring to hear. I have 7 weeks left on my permit and am almost at 50 days since sending my application. I know I am very likely to be okay but it doesn't stop the anxiety!

Thanks for sharing your story.

Winter27996

Apr 7, 2014
Victoria, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-14
AOR Received.
10-03-14
Med's Request
17-09-14
Med's Done....
22-09-14
File a paper application for a BOWP as opposed to online. The paper ones take much longer to process, and you will certainly have your AOR by then. Once you file for your BOWP you get assumed status, so you will be fine :) Now stop worrying, I know how stressful it is, as I was in the same situation.

But it will honestly be fine.