+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please don't ignore... Qorux, rocky 2727, PM and other seniors

vikcov

Nov 12, 2010
Dear forum members,

Is there anybody help me please as I am in very complicated situation and I am desperately looking for help...

I have relative in Canada for which I have claimed 5 points. My maternal uncle is a canadian citizen.
To proove the relationship I have to submit the birth certificates of my mother and my uncle which will contain a same parents name. But the problem is my uncle and mother doesn't have the birth certificates. I posted this problem before as well and suggested by the forum members to submit educational certificates but their is again a problem my mother has changed her name after her wedding and all educational certificates contain her previous marriage name. And we don't even have the proof of her name change She even don't have her Marriage certificate. .
I am going to submit the following docs, Will they be enough to prove relationship:

Educational certificates of my mother which having previous name
Self sworn affidavit by my mother that her name has been changed and Mr........... and Mrs....... are her parents
And My uncle marriage certificates which contain his father name

Is there would be any other documents which can be submitted to proof the relationship. Please help Its so frustrating that you are eligible of that 5 points but its almost immpossible to prove that you are eligible.

My deadline of submitting my full docs is almost at its end, I am going to India next month and will try to obtain any other docs, can I send tht docs later to visa office? Anybody from Punjab can suggest , how to obtain birth certificate which is around 60 years old??

Is the above complications can affect my case negatively?

thanks
Vikcov

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I have no experience with this issue and I am no expert, but the first thing I can think of is to draw up a Family Tree and highlight your Mother and Uncle in it. Gather ALL the documents you can that show names, name changes (after marriage), mention of your mother and uncle in their parents' wills, or the joy of finding a picture of all the family gathered for some event??? Find out what your uncle put on his immigration application - surely he would have included your Mum (his sister) in his family members. What have you done to date to get the required birth and marriage certificates? I don't know if VO will be lenient with the time, but if you have tried all avenues and provide proof of your correspondence with the authorities to get them in the 120 days they may or may not give you additional time or accept what you have as proof. It sounds like a tricky problem and I wish you luck.

vikcov

Nov 12, 2010
Hi Pippin,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, my maternal uncle has filled in his forms my mother as a sister and even my late grandfather also got his citizinship of canda on my uncle basis. He might also filled my mother name in his immigration application as her daughter. But he might filled my mother's current name , and my education certificates shows her previous name and as i mention before we don't have the proof of name change. My uncle been to local municiple council office for obtaining birth certificate but they issued only Untraceable certificate containing that ' Our records shows that Mrs...... is a daughter of Mr......... is not registered .' Which is not at all helpful.

Thanks again for ur reply
Vikcov

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vikcov said:
Hi Pippin,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, my maternal uncle has filled in his forms my mother as a sister and even my late grandfather also got his citizinship of canda on my uncle basis. He might also filled my mother name in his immigration application as her daughter. But he might filled my mother's current name , and my education certificates shows her previous name and as i mention before we don't have the proof of name change. My uncle been to local municiple council office for obtaining birth certificate but they issued only Untraceable certificate containing that ' Our records shows that Mrs...... is a daughter of Mr......... is not registered .' Which is not at all helpful.

Thanks again for ur reply
Vikcov
There are numerous problem like yours about names, birth certificates and marriage certificates, especially for a period before 1980. CIC is aware of such problems and they are little vulnerable in considering such requirements, except which they feel as sensitive. So, in your case, I hope whatever you have collected so far is fine as well as the solemn affidavit of your mother because such matter will be considered with caution only when you get PR and in case you sponsor your mother for her immigration. If it is difficult to obtain further more proof for relation, I don't see any other alternative except what you have already. Goo luck.

vikcov

Nov 12, 2010
Thanks Wilson, I again want to request all forum members to give their opinion.. please don't ignore

thanks
Vikcov