+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please do i need ECA score for my wife before applying for EE?

emmanumak

Jan 8, 2015
As the principal applicant, i will be getting my ECA report soon, is it compulsory that my wife gets hers too? please i will appreciate your prompt response. thanks

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
It's not required for EE but you will lose some points in the profile, not many though, only around 10 I believe.

blueshield

Jan 9, 2015
Hi,

This is how I see the scenario(s) for a (Principal Applicant) in FSWP.
Fist your EE Profile will be assessed/processed for the next stage (i.e. placed in the Candidate Pool) ONLY if you pass the following criteria:

1. Check eligible to apply for Express Entry filling the Questionnaire - If eligible then use the Ref.No to for EE
Profile.
2. Have Your official EAC report for the Education Level - Obtained by the designated Institutions, e.g. WES
3. Have Your IELTS results/score meeting at least the required CLB and date - Obtained by the IELTS
4. Be able to peg yourself to one of the NOC jobs (level 0, A or B)

Second, if you as a (Principal Applicant) can also claim "Extra points" through your Spouse for the CRS then it is required for you to pass the following criteria:

1. Have the her/his official EAC report for the Education Level - Obtained by the designated Institutions, e.g.
WES
2. Have her/his IELTS results/score meeting at least the required CLB and date - Obtained by the IELTS

Regarding the criteria number 1, I think it has to be clarified how you handle the request for the EAC report. Assuming that you use WES services, then it seems that you will need another separate request for your spouse' EAC Report, at least this is my understanding, which means another extra cost.

Please let me know your comments and thoughts.

Thanks