+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please clear this confusion

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
GS_Stud said:
Hi Icecool,

Thanks a lot for the valuable information [+1 to your ranking].

Was waiting for your reply.

This means if somebody saves around 1000 CAD per month then he is good with all living and study expenses (excluding tuition fees and airfare). I believe, with your estimates, people can live as low as 700 CAD a month.

GS
If you lucky enough to get a job which can get you $1000 dollars a month than yes it is sufficient if you live a not too much luxurious life...But your not allowed to work more than 20 hours per week in your study term..If ur working in your study term doesnt matter on campus or off campus(the permit is recieved after 6 months), the pay is pretty bad about 10.25 an hour for students which can prolly earn you about 225 dollars a week..But if you do a co-op in the middle of your study than it pays full salary and you can easily get your co op work permit after you apply. and oh by the way you can work full time in your vacations like summer vacations..

Nightrocker

Feb 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2011
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
icecool222 said:
I haven't been to Missisuaga or waterloo so i dont know, but i have been to winsdor, hamilton and niagara..Niagara is a good city because of the tourism there and hence there are more jobs there..But hamilton and winsdor are pretty much like London Ontario(where i live)...So they cannot be classified as a big cities, I think for a international student its best to go to cities like montreal,toronto,vancouver, But in the end most of the students end up in Saskatchewan hahaha because of their relatively easier PR system for students.

And yes most of the jobs on the campus pay a national minimum wage, which i think is $10.25 or $10.50 per hour.
Hmmm... Thanks dear. Is it ok to go to some other province like Quebec and get immigration there, then again return to other province like BC, Ontario? :-X :-X

Nightrocker

Feb 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2011
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
icecool222 said:
But if you do a co-op in the middle of your study than it pays full salary and you can easily get your co op work permit after you apply. and oh by the way you can work full time in your vacations like summer vacations..
My program is co-op too, but it is in final semester. So what are the regulations for co-op? Do we are supposed to work only 20 hours during internship too? Full time work during vacations mean? more than 20 hours?? and what about weekends?

robicon

May 11, 2011
Hey guys how difficult is to get PR in Quebec Province if i get a admission over there?how good are the job prospects over there compared to other cities?

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
robicon said:
Hey guys how difficult is to get PR in Quebec Province if i get a admission over there?how good are the job prospects over there compared to other cities?
You can get a PR in quebec straight away after your studies but the problem is you need to have a good knowledge of french language.

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
Nightrocker said:
My program is co-op too, but it is in final semester. So what are the regulations for co-op? Do we are supposed to work only 20 hours during internship too? Full time work during vacations mean? more than 20 hours?? and what about weekends?

If it is your study term, you cannot even work more than 20 hours in weekends..But say its your summer holiday for 3-4 months than you can work more than 20 hours.

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
Nightrocker said:
Hmmm... Thanks dear. Is it ok to go to some other province like Quebec and get immigration there, then again return to other province like BC, Ontario? :-X :-X
You need good french language skills, So unless you know really good french its not possible.

robicon

May 11, 2011
hey buddy one more question ...its regarding my gap in education..i passed out in 2009 Bcahelors.Engg in.I.T....was i'll for the past 2 yrs...now i applied in IT field only..wat can be done in this case?

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
robicon said:
hey buddy one more question ...its regarding my gap in education..i passed out in 2009 Bcahelors.Engg in.I.T....was i'll for the past 2 yrs...now i applied in IT field only..wat can be done in this case?
I had a gap of one year too,but i still got my visa and its been one year since i am in Canada, in your SOP you can tell them what you were actually doing that time period of 2 years, whether you were studying or you were working or you were doing something part time or you decided to take brake from your study. Just whatever the reason of you GAP was, mention it in your SOP.

robicon

May 11, 2011
^^ hey as am an general applicant i hav send SOp to the univeristy n hav accepted ...i wont hav to send SOp with my visa application rite???so in that case it what shud i do?

AP1510

Jun 15, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29June,2011
IELTS Request
6.5 bands
Med's Done....
20June,2011 (Pre-Medical)
Interview........
20July,2011
VISA ISSUED...
20July,2011
LANDED..........
22Aug,2011
icecool222 said:
Man it depends where you live, i live in London Ontario, which is pretty small compared to some other cities such as toronto and vancouver...But to be honest i was very convinced that it will be easy to find a part time job here, but the truth is that its been 3 months since i got my off campus work permit and i am able to find nothing at all....And the funny thing is that alot of people i knew were saying that they will be able to pay off their tuition with a part-time job....Now they are realizing how hard it actually is in these economic times..Things are getting better but somebody with a lack of Canadian work experience will always have trouble to find a part time job..I am actually doing some volunteer work to get someting Canadian in my resume...Even tho i have a UK qualification as well, i am still having hard time to get something right...And dont work for the desis(indians), they are always looking to exploit students like you and me by hiring you illegaly and paying you in pennies..The best route is the legal route.. If your comming to Canada in hopes that you can actually pay off your tuition by working here than i am sorry to say that these are just dreams..Reality is really different here, i know people in toronto and even there they are not able to find jobs..Study well in Canada and than after you graduate with good grades there are alot of companies which can possibly hire you, but as my experience its still quite hard for a international student to find descent part time jobs...But you should always be looking, some of my friends got a job within 2 weeks of their arrival on campus others are waiting till now...Its really a matter of luck but the job market in Canada is quite tight too..
Thanks bro.....u really helped us all...
in future v may ask u more ques. as ur pr will b done earlier....

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
AP1510 said:
Thanks bro.....u really helped us all...
in future v may ask u more ques. as ur pr will b done earlier....
sure no problem..only 'if' i get a pr.lol..any questions please ask.

ug83

Star Member
Apr 23, 2011
hey ice cool bro...after finishing my 1 year diploma in Humber..if i take admission in another 1 year program will it be possible to get 2-3 years work permit........

Also how about completing the 1 year diploma from Humber and then moving to saskatcheun for PR....howz it practically possible ibn terms of job oppurtunites....... jobs like Pizza delivery - While collar jobs.

best regards

Nightrocker

Feb 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....