+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Clarify-LOT process

swat159

Mar 20, 2015
Hi

On calling CIC I was infmd last month that my file was trsfd to local office 23rd Feb 2015 and on calling again today I was informed that local office received file on 16th March.So does that mean there is a time lag between transfer and receipt by local office?

Thanks

DAN11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
swat159 said:
Hi

On calling CIC I was infmd last month that my file was trsfd to local office 23rd Feb 2015 and on calling again today I was informed that local office received file on 16th March.So does that mean there is a time lag between transfer and receipt by local office?

Thanks

Yes, when they say the file was transferred at a given date it means its in "transit" and they claimed that is boxes of files and it does not take days to arrive at local office it takes weeks. On the other hand, boxes are manual but there's a link that Sydney sends to local office claiming that file is transferred so its for the local office to accept that link which is your file. I don't know why they don't change the term from "transferred" to "in transit"

swat159

Mar 20, 2015
DAN11 said:
Yes, when they say the file was transferred at a given date it means its in "transit" and they claimed that is boxes of files and it does not take days to arrive at local office it takes weeks. On the other hand, boxes are manual but there's a link that Sydney sends to local office claiming that file is transferred so its for the local office to accept that link which is your file. I don't know why they don't change the term from "transferred" to "in transit"

Thanks Dan11 for the explanation.