+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Check My SOP FOR Student VISA.. PLEASE COME HERE !!!

VinnitArora123

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
Category........
STUDY
PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR VALUABLE SUGGESSTIONS

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE

To,

The Visa officer,
Canadian High Commission,
New Delhi.

Subject: Application for my Study Permit

Respected Sir/Madam,

This statement has been crafted with reference to an application for a student visa to Canada for my admission to Graduate Certificate in Project Management (Duration: 2 Years of Full Time) at XXXXX XXXX University.

Introduction:

Myself Vinnit Kumar, a male Indian citizen born on 07-04-1998, hailing from Karnal, Haryana. I completed my bachelor degree in Civil Engineering from XXXX XXXX XXX XX, Karnal which is affiliated to Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra with overall aggregate 66% in 2018. Prior to that, in 2015, I had completed a three-year diploma in Civil Engineering with 66% overall from XXXX XXX XXX, Karnal under State Board of Technical Education, Haryana.

As a bonafide Civil Engineering Student for almost 6-7 years, I studied various terms, branches, concepts, and contribution of this field in our daily life. It is a field of responsibilities, challenges, maintain the foundation for our modern society. The outcome of this branch of engineering is dependent upon theoretical as well as practical knowledge and experiments. Hence, in the final term of my degree I started searching for a job to exercise my knowledge which I gained from books, in real site and enhance my skills. Fortunately, I was recruited by XXX XXX XXX XX as a Junior Engineer. The details of same is given below.

Details of Professional Experience:

XXXXXXX (2018-Present)

My responsibilities and accountabilities at the job included:

• Technical supervision of the ongoing construction work.
  • Co-ordination between different contractors and agencies to maintain the project speed at the construction site.
  • Prepare requisitions for different materials well in advance.
  • Check the material received and prepare quality reports.
  • Make quality checks on the concrete blocks manufactured, along with their recordings.
I considered this opportunity of my job more as my continuous study than a job because I am a Passionate Peron with curious quest for knowledge and learning. During my job, I experienced lack of skills in some departments of my knowledge base. I felt that I am not equipped with the managerial tools that are fundamental to evolve in this competitive corporate world. Therefore, I decided to eliminate that obstacle by applying to a Canadian Designated Learning Institute in “Project Management”. My profile is having all the pre-requisites for the admission and I have secured my admission there. I have scored overall 6.5 bands in my IELTS test.

Why Project Management?

When I implemented my theoretical knowledge in functional construction sites. Where I learned new experience and improved my technical skills to a newer level, I learnt that grabbing only technical skill is not enough for me to build a successful career. Only one skill will halt opportunities of my career upgradation. At my job, it is going good when it comes to practice general duties of a construction engineer. Nevertheless, I have experienced a huge scarcity of managerial understanding in myself. Because in my field, I have to deal with market and business terminology like in performing quantity surveying and managing accounts, utilize the manpower and resources in an accurate manner along with dividing various tasks and activities to labours, control the flow of project, prepare small to large scale reports and outlines of project on daily basis. In other words, I have to handle and sometimes have to provide necessary inputs to ongoing and upcoming construction project. To do these kind of activities, every time I have to seek help either from the project planner/manager to understand the management terminology or from my colleague having these skills, to prepare reports and presentations. I encountered problem with briefing the project particulars to the workers associated.

I am very thankful to my field which has given me astonishing knowledge and facts about how this tall and beautiful infrastructure in the world is constructed and maintained. But now this field is requiring me to develop a new complementary skill of Project Management that will fill voids of my knowledge base and eliminate all the weaknesses and inabilities that are obstructing me to pursue a successful career.

Another prime reason for opting to Project Management is that most of the construction or relevant companies in India, prefer a candidate who is enabled in technical as well as managerial skills over a candidate having technical skills only. There are various vacancies in public and private sectors in my home country in which I am ineligible to apply, just because of lack in professional qualification of Management and Business. Completion of proposed course will make me a deserving applicant to stand in the recruitment queues of those reputed firms.

Why Canada and XXX University?

After researching on web, consulting with my senior colleagues and professors and checking course contents thoroughly. I marked two institutions one in Australia and One in Canada. But finally I preferred Canada over other country(s) because Canadian Management Programs are much appreciated around the globe. Canada is a big educational hub in the world with a high standard education system with global recognition. It is a beautiful, peaceful, multi-cultural nation with political stability and has splendid health care facilities. On top of it, the impressive thing I found about Canada is that its democratic administration takes care very well not only of domestic students but international students also, no matter what the situation is, CERB is the latest example of that. Living expenses and tuition fees are also decent in Canada compared to other countries. Loving people and life style of Canada is also a factor.

Algoma University is one of the leading institutions in Canada with highly qualified spirited faculty. After a complete research, I found that the Project Management program at Algoma is bundled with subjects such as proposal and tender writing, strategy and plan making, time and activity management and much more. They are likely to satisfy my needs. I can study the management element of project in depth. Moreover, I learnt about engagement of Algoma University in various dynamic researches that will provide me outstanding learning experiences and techniques.

Financials:

My entire study is costing XXXXX (Tuition Fees). I have made the payment of XXXX CAD as my First Year Tuition Fee. I have invested an amount of CAD 10,000 in Guaranteed Investment Certificate Program via Scotia Bank towards the living expenses in Canada. The supporting documents are attached in the financial documentation.

Future Plans and Opportunities in India:

For a junior or assistance civil engineer it is very hard to upgrade his designation solely by working with limited skills. For instance, becoming a project manager in a firm (which is an ambition of every employee) or handling a big project by his own. Without having fundamental skills of management, one has to take part in a long race, roughly 10-15 years to become a project manager. With this program, I can shorten my struggle to become a project manager or getting any other higher designation, I can speed up my work in my native field, I can confidently outline the details of a contract or tender, I can make reports more fluently and accurately. I will not have to rely on other person with managerial skills for mentioned activities. Various construction giants of India like Hindustan Construction Company Ltd., pays around Rs.10,00000 to Rs.12,00000 Salary to a Civil Engineer with Project Management Skills.

India is the faster growing country in the entire world as of now. With advancement in economic and technology sector, it is also developing the infrastructure. The Government is planning on getting very good schemes like ‘Housing for all by 2022-23’. It is mainly focused on upgrading the infrastructure of rural areas and outskirts of the country. Such types of schemes are undertaken by hiring local engineers and contractors, private firms. A multi-skilled aspirant can be benefitted from such opportunities.

Additionally, Indian government also offers aid in setting up own start-ups like starting a small scale construction company which will require me to be a multi-skilled person where I will have to withstand the responsibility of a whole project. This program is also best suited for me in that regard.

Therefore, I would like to state that my home country has more than enough career building opportunities for a person like me but they are conditioned more on qualifications and skills. With this program I am looking to add a new skill set to complement of my existing knowledge base. Please consider my application at earliest possible and kindly grant me a study permit and oblige me.

Yours Sincerely
Vinnit Kumar

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE

To,

The Visa officer,
New Delhi.

Respected Sir/Madam,

This statement has been crafted with reference to an application for a student visa to Canada for my admission to Graduate Certificate in Project Management (Duration: 2 Years of Full Time) at XXXXX XXXX University.

Introduction:

Myself Vinnit Kumar, a male Indian citizen born on 07-04-1998, hailing from Karnal, Haryana. I completed my bachelor degree in Civil Engineering from XXXX XXXX XXX XX, Karnal which is affiliated to Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra with overall aggregate 66% in 2018. Prior to that, in 2015, I had completed a three-year diploma in Civil Engineering with 66% overall from XXXX XXX XXX, Karnal under State Board of Technical Education, Haryana.

As a bonafide Civil Engineering Student for almost 6-7 years, I studied various terms, branches, concepts, and contribution of this field in our daily life. It is a field of responsibilities, challenges, maintain the foundation for our modern society. The outcome of this branch of engineering is dependent upon theoretical as well as practical knowledge and experiments. Hence, in the final term of my degree I started searching for a job to exercise my knowledge which I gained from books, in real site and enhance my skills. Fortunately, I was recruited by XXX XXX XXX XX as a Junior Engineer. The details of same is given below.

XXXXXXX (2018-Present)

• Co-ordination between different contractors and agencies to maintain the project speed at the construction site.
  • Make quality checks on the concrete blocks manufactured, along with their recordings.
I considered this opportunity of my job more as my continuous study than a job because I am a Passionate Peron with curious quest for knowledge and learning. During my job, I experienced lack of skills in some departments of my knowledge base. I felt that I am not equipped with the managerial tools that are fundamental to evolve in this competitive corporate world. Therefore, I decided to eliminate that obstacle by applying to a Canadian Designated Learning Institute in “Project Management”. My profile is having all the pre-requisites for the admission and I have secured my admission there. I have scored overall 6.5 bands in my IELTS test.

Why Project Management?

When I implemented my theoretical knowledge in functional construction sites. Where I learned new experience and improved my technical skills to a newer level, I learnt that grabbing only technical skill is not enough for me to build a successful career. Only one skill will halt opportunities of my career upgradation. At my job, it is going good when it comes to practice general duties of a construction engineer. Nevertheless, I have experienced a huge scarcity of managerial understanding in myself. Because in my field, I have to deal with market and business terminology like in performing quantity surveying and managing accounts, utilize the manpower and resources in an accurate manner along with dividing various tasks and activities to labours, control the flow of project, prepare small to large scale reports and outlines of project on daily basis. In other words, I have to handle and sometimes have to provide necessary inputs to ongoing and upcoming construction project. To do these kind of activities, every time I have to seek help either from the project planner/manager to understand the management terminology or from my colleague having these skills, to prepare reports and presentations. I encountered problem with briefing the project particulars to the workers associated.

I am very thankful to my field which has given me astonishing knowledge and facts about how this tall and beautiful infrastructure in the world is constructed and maintained. But now this field is requiring me to develop a new complementary skill of Project Management that will fill voids of my knowledge base and eliminate all the weaknesses and inabilities that are obstructing me to pursue a successful career.

Another prime reason for opting to Project Management is that most of the construction or relevant companies in India, prefer a candidate who is enabled in technical as well as managerial skills over a candidate having technical skills only. There are various vacancies in public and private sectors in my home country in which I am ineligible to apply, just because of lack in professional qualification of Management and Business. Completion of proposed course will make me a deserving applicant to stand in the recruitment queues of those reputed firms.

After researching on web, consulting with my senior colleagues and professors and checking course contents thoroughly. I marked two institutions one in Australia and One in Canada. But finally I preferred Canada over other country(s) because Canadian Management Programs are much appreciated around the globe. Canada is a big educational hub in the world with a high standard education system with global recognition. It is a beautiful, peaceful, multi-cultural nation with political stability and has splendid health care facilities. On top of it, the impressive thing I found about Canada is that its democratic administration takes care very well not only of domestic students but international students also, no matter what the situation is, CERB is the latest example of that. Living expenses and tuition fees are also decent in Canada compared to other countries. Loving people and life style of Canada is also a factor.

Algoma University is one of the leading institutions in Canada with highly qualified spirited faculty. After a complete research, I found that the Project Management program at Algoma is bundled with subjects such as proposal and tender writing, strategy and plan making, time and activity management and much more. They are likely to satisfy my needs. I can study the management element of project in depth. Moreover, I learnt about engagement of Algoma University in various dynamic researches that will provide me outstanding learning experiences and techniques.

Financials:

My entire study is costing XXXXX (Tuition Fees). I have made the payment of XXXX CAD as my First Year Tuition Fee. I have invested an amount of CAD 10,000 in Guaranteed Investment Certificate Program via Scotia Bank towards the living expenses in Canada. The supporting documents are attached in the financial documentation.

For a junior or assistance civil engineer it is very hard to upgrade his designation solely by working with limited skills. For instance, becoming a project manager in a firm (which is an ambition of every employee) or handling a big project by his own. Without having fundamental skills of management, one has to take part in a long race, roughly 10-15 years to become a project manager. With this program, I can shorten my struggle to become a project manager or getting any other higher designation, I can speed up my work in my native field, I can confidently outline the details of a contract or tender, I can make reports more fluently and accurately. I will not have to rely on other person with managerial skills for mentioned activities. Various construction giants of India like Hindustan Construction Company Ltd., pays around Rs.10,00000 to Rs.12,00000 Salary to a Civil Engineer with Project Management Skills.

India is the faster growing country in the entire world as of now. With advancement in economic and technology sector, it is also developing the infrastructure. The Government is planning on getting very good schemes like ‘Housing for all by 2022-23’. It is mainly focused on upgrading the infrastructure of rural areas and outskirts of the country. Such types of schemes are undertaken by hiring local engineers and contractors, private firms. A multi-skilled aspirant can be benefitted from such opportunities.

Additionally, Indian government also offers aid in setting up own start-ups like starting a small scale construction company which will require me to be a multi-skilled person where I will have to withstand the responsibility of a whole project. This program is also best suited for me in that regard.

Therefore, I would like to state that my home country has more than enough career building opportunities for a person like me but they are conditioned more on qualifications and skills. With this program I am looking to add a new skill set to complement of my existing knowledge base. Please consider my application at earliest possible and kindly grant me a study permit and oblige me.

Yours Sincerely
Vinnit Kumar
How long is that SOP? To me, it seems too long and wordy especially on "why Project Management" Too much unnecessary information. just go straight to the point. on financial part, you can add who is responsible for your finances alongside with necessary documents. (That's my opinion, not sure about the rest)

Reactions: VinnitArora123

VinnitArora123

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
Category........
STUDY
How long is that SOP? To me, it seems too long and wordy especially on "why Project Management" Too much unnecessary information. just go straight to the point. on financial part, you can add who is responsible for your finances alongside with necessary documents. (That's my opinion, not sure about the rest)
Thank you for your valuable feedback... I will make some alterations... Please suggest me more

Reactions: Humpholito24

VinnitArora123

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
Category........
STUDY
Bro.. what i felt ... during my job i just enetered that in my SOP... Please guide me... Thank you

tanzirmahim

Mar 26, 2020
agreed

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
Bro.. what i felt ... during my job i just enetered that in my SOP... Please guide me... Thank you
You are applying for a study permit, not a job. Just have a little touch about your jobs and talk more about yourself. By "yourself" I don't mean your life history. Show the VO about your future goals etc which you did in the last paragraph.

VinnitArora123

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
Category........
STUDY
You are applying for a study permit, not a job. Just have a little touch about your jobs and talk more about yourself. By "yourself" I don't mean your life history. Show the VO about your future goals etc which you did in the last paragraph.
Thank you i will make required modifications..

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Too much irrelevant content. Visa officer does not have the time to read through it. SOP isn't part of the documents needed to apply for study permit, I doubt the visa officer would even make the decision based off that.

Harshit20

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE

To,

The Visa officer,
New Delhi.

Respected Sir/Madam,

Introduction:

XXXXXXX (2018-Present)

Why Project Management?

Financials:

Yours Sincerely
Vinnit Kumar
Well I would suggest you not to make such threads with such topic of “Please come here” you are just begging everyone to check through your content which is inappropriate and just remember we are all here to help each other willingly not forcefully.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE

To,

The Visa officer,
New Delhi.

Respected Sir/Madam,

Introduction:

XXXXXXX (2018-Present)

Why Project Management?

Financials:

Yours Sincerely
Vinnit Kumar
You have some of the right ideas, but as has been said this is way too long and they don't want to read your life story. Just a few sentences about each point (ties to India, financial situation, and relevance of the course to your educational and career development) will suffice.

jaskiratsingh

Star Member
Apr 7, 2018
Too much irrelevant content. Visa officer does not have the time to read through it. SOP isn't part of the documents needed to apply for study permit, I doubt the visa officer would even make the decision based off that.
you do not know the document checklist which we have to submit while lodging our file.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/get-documents.html

Open the link, scroll down the brief information on the document checklist for "letter of explanation".