+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please any replies will be appreciated, express entry - freelancer contract work experience

nj9549

Apr 16, 2020
hope my situation does n to sound too complicated.

is there anyone that worked as a self employee, free lancer, on contract and calculated that as working experience? I worked in the same company for last 2 years but out of those 2 years, for the first 4 months I was in contract (company's policy). With hope I still made express entry profile my score is 457 if working on contract is also concluded as 2 years of working experiences, otherwise my score is 444 with 1 year working experience. I'm in cec category, in the mean time I was still waiting and just registered Celpip test again to try to get higher English score.

because I heard as long as you report the tax return for the period that you worked on contract as a free lancer, your work experience still counts but you never know if that could limit to person to person, case by case depending on the officer who examines your profile? so can be rejecgted?

I have not done tax for 2 019 yet because I was not sure if I have to put the working experience as 1 yer or 2 years. I mean I will still have to eventually.

do I have hope that the draw score will come down to 440-450? but my earliest English test date is may 2nd. I mean I have been patient all these years for last two years lol I can wait years more to complete the application processing or anything only if the score stays around this range 440-450. do I just have to study English more? ugh :( I would appreciate any replies. Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hope my situation does n to sound too complicated.

is there anyone that worked as a self employee, free lancer, on contract and calculated that as working experience? I worked in the same company for last 2 years but out of those 2 years, for the first 4 months I was in contract (company's policy). With hope I still made express entry profile my score is 457 if working on contract is also concluded as 2 years of working experiences, otherwise my score is 444 with 1 year working experience. I'm in cec category, in the mean time I was still waiting and just registered Celpip test again to try to get higher English score.

because I heard as long as you report the tax return for the period that you worked on contract as a free lancer, your work experience still counts but you never know if that could limit to person to person, case by case depending on the officer who examines your profile? so can be rejecgted?

I have not done tax for 2 019 yet because I was not sure if I have to put the working experience as 1 yer or 2 years. I mean I will still have to eventually.

do I have hope that the draw score will come down to 440-450? but my earliest English test date is may 2nd. I mean I have been patient all these years for last two years lol I can wait years more to complete the application processing or anything only if the score stays around this range 440-450. do I just have to study English more? ugh :( I would appreciate any replies. Thanks
Self employment / freelance activity can't be used for CEC. You need at least 1 year of Canadian non-self employment / non-freelance activity to qualify for CEC.