+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please advise.

neochanges1

Aug 27, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
My BiL is in the process of gathering all the required documents for university admission and recently met the score requirement for his IELTS. He's got enough money to support his studies and my wife which is her sister and another sister plans on paying for his tuition.

The problem is, he's the only one living in our home country. His parents and siblings are all PR here in Canada and we're worried that this will be an issue showing his ties from our home country. What are the odds of him being declined if he just straight up say that the reason for his studies and work experience is to boost up his CRS score for Express entry and since all of his family member went through the legal way, he's planning on doing the same and will return home if he has to.

He can also show that he still has a home to return to which is of course not under his name but under his parents but that's the only "asset" that he can declare but probably not much of a help.

Any thoughts on this?

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
1) Don't even give a hint of PR in the study permit application
2) Don't talk about the family in Canada at all in the SOP, except for the forms where you have to give details of family
3) Show no support from the family in Canada

Points 2 and 3 are to disprove strong ties to Canada

neochanges1

Aug 27, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
Your BIL sounds like a lucky man. Wish him best
Thanks! It was just really bad timing for my BiL unfortunately. My SiL went through EE when the scores weren't that high but a year later when it was my BiL's turn to apply somehow the demand grew and it got more competitive.

neochanges1

Aug 27, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
1) Don't even give a hint of PR in the study permit application
2) Don't talk about the family in Canada at all in the SOP, except for the forms where you have to give details of family
3) Show no support from the family in Canada

Points 2 and 3 are to disprove strong ties to Canada
Pardon me but what's SOP?

Also, will having no family from the home country or no asset tied to his name decrease the chance of him getting approved significantly?

Thanks for your response.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Pardon me but what's SOP?

Also, will having no family from the home country or no asset tied to his name decrease the chance of him getting approved significantly?

Thanks for your response.
Statement of purpose

That shows weak ties but can be argued and VO can be convinced.