+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please advise

ASM17

May 19, 2020
Dear All,
I would like to seek your help in getting the best advise for the course of action at this point in time. Kindly see below for my profile. I have yet to evaluate education credentials but it is equivalent to a 2 year program at a college.

English Language IELTS : L: 8.5, R: 9.0 W:6.5 S:8.0 CLB: 8

Education
: Advanced Diploma in Business Management

Work Experience :
NOC C 6525 Front Desk Clerk ( 2 years 7 months)
NOC B 5221 B Photographer ( 3 months 24 days)
NOC B 5221 B Photographer (9 months 9 days)

Please note that I worked in two different companies when I worked as a photographer, will I be eligible for Express Entry or should I proceed with PNP? I have calculated CRS score using the calculator and it amounts to 337. What is the best way to increase my CRS score and secure PR? I do realize that studying in Canada is an option however I do have a study gap of 10 years.

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

thomas3456

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-10-2019
AOR Received.
02-10-2019
Dear All,
I would like to seek your help in getting the best advise for the course of action at this point in time. Kindly see below for my profile. I have yet to evaluate education credentials but it is equivalent to a 2 year program at a college.

Education

Work Experience :

Please note that I worked in two different companies when I worked as a photographer, will I be eligible for Express Entry or should I proceed with PNP? I have calculated CRS score using the calculator and it amounts to 337. What is the best way to increase my CRS score and secure PR? I do realize that studying in Canada is an option however I do have a study gap of 10 years.

It depends on how despo u r to get to Canada. The crs scores are not going to come down any time soon.
Noc C means 0 points..
How about doing a 1/2 year photography etc course from canada, expensive but check if it can give you points... 460+ is a good crs score..

ASM17

May 19, 2020
It depends on how despo u r to get to Canada. The crs scores are not going to come down any time soon.
Noc C means 0 points..
How about doing a 1/2 year photography etc course from canada, expensive but check if it can give you points... 460+ is a good crs score..

Thanks for the reply. Wouldn't it be better to go for a Bachelors degree course in Business Management as it would give PGWP of 2 years? I doubt they will give PGWP for a 1/2 year course.

thomas3456

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-10-2019
AOR Received.
02-10-2019
Thanks for the reply. Wouldn't it be better to go for a Bachelors degree course in Business Management as it would give PGWP of 2 years? I doubt they will give PGWP for a 1/2 year course.
It depends on how much patience and money you have.. plus how much crs cut-off is going to be.. one can't even predict the next fsw draw :(
my bet would be a bachelor degree from a private college in the cheapest region of canada which has jobs (Ottawa/Montreal for me)... choose an approved college/university after which cic gives open work permit of 3 years...
Don't goto any immigration consultant, they charge nothing to you but get paid back by college. in turn they provide worst possible options to students...

ASM17

May 19, 2020
It depends on how much patience and money you have.. plus how much crs cut-off is going to be.. one can't even predict the next fsw draw :(
my bet would be a bachelor degree from a private college in the cheapest region of canada which has jobs (Ottawa/Montreal for me)... choose an approved college/university after which cic gives open work permit of 3 years...
Don't goto any immigration consultant, they charge nothing to you but get paid back by college. in turn they provide worst possible options to students...
Thanks a lot for your input. Will there be any issues in applying for a student permit after a 10 years gap in studying?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks a lot for your input. Will there be any issues in applying for a student permit after a 10 years gap in studying?
Yes. You need to justify why you would all of a sudden need to return to school and how the course would lead to career progression. If you have already been working as a photographer taking a photography degree would not really make sense. Not sure why business management would either.

thomas3456

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-10-2019
AOR Received.
02-10-2019
Don't let anyone derail you from your track. If you need to study, find not only what motivates you, but also can give you a lasting career in Canada.
10 years gap, I would say its just 10.

Put a reasonable letter of explanation of why you need education, why this gap happened (just say needed funds to support family) and say how it will help you when you come back to your home country.. just make sure you have enough funds. education is costly here, but a lot easier than in 3rd world countries.

I personally know someone who came from a 3rd world country to study here.. had 12 years of gap. one year after studies got the PR..
Message me personally if you need any guidance. but I can only show the route, can't walk along.
Thomas!

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Dear All,

Education

Work Experience :

Unless you earn a nomination you will never receive an ITA under FSW, your only option is indeed a Provincial Nomination but based on your occupation I don't see that feasible either.

Your only mid-term option would be earning a Canadian degree and Canadian work experience to apply a few years down the road through CEC. This requires a big investment in terms of money and time (at least between 3-4 years) and by then CRS might be even higher. You should also take into consideration that at 33, each year you will keep losing points that you will have to makeup for some other way (learning French, increasing English test scores)

That is not an issue.

You should first think about finding an Institution (university or college) and a program and then gaining admission before even think about the Study Permit process.

ASM17

May 19, 2020
Don't let anyone derail you from your track. If you need to study, find not only what motivates you, but also can give you a lasting career in Canada.
10 years gap, I would say its just 10.

Put a reasonable letter of explanation of why you need education, why this gap happened (just say needed funds to support family) and say how it will help you when you come back to your home country.. just make sure you have enough funds. education is costly here, but a lot easier than in 3rd world countries.

I personally know someone who came from a 3rd world country to study here.. had 12 years of gap. one year after studies got the PR..
Message me personally if you need any guidance. but I can only show the route, can't walk along.
Thomas!
Thanks a lot for your help.

ASM17

May 19, 2020
Unless you earn a nomination you will never receive an ITA under FSW, your only option is indeed a Provincial Nomination but based on your occupation I don't see that feasible either.

Your only mid-term option would be earning a Canadian degree and Canadian work experience to apply a few years down the road through CEC. This requires a big investment in terms of money and time (at least between 3-4 years) and by then CRS might be even higher. You should also take into consideration that at 33, each year you will keep losing points that you will have to makeup for some other way (learning French, increasing English test scores)

That is not an issue.

You should first think about finding an Institution (university or college) and a program and then gaining admission before even think about the Study Permit process.
Thank you. Do you think there are any other feasible options such as AIPP or RNIP which I would be eligible for other than going for further studies?