+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Advise Needed (Work Permit expiring in June (Have already Applied for PR)

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
Hi All,

I have applied for PR already but my work permit expiring in Start of June. I want to know Do I apply first for BOWP or 1st for GCMS note. Because if I am not wrong in BOWP they need the latest info regarding PR Application and If I got GCMS notes saying some problem so Do I need to mention this in BOWP when I am applying ??

Seniors and everyone please advise your response appreciated.

Thanks.

clark kent

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
04-09-2014
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
11-03-2015
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
Do you have an ICT ? and if so is your employer ready to apply extension for you?

If your employer is not applying extension i believe you should try for your BOWP.

I am also in similar boat only difference being my employer is applying extension for me. However with all the visa rejections I am skeptical.

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
cecpet,

I will suggest you apply online in February for a BOWP. I assume you already have your AOR. Make sure that you are within 4 months of the expiry date of your current work permit when you submit your application.

All the best.

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
clark kent said:
Do you have an ICT ? and if so is your employer ready to apply extension for you?

If your employer is not applying extension i believe you should try for your BOWP.

I am also in similar boat only difference being my employer is applying extension for me. However with all the visa rejections I am skeptical.
Dear Clark,

I do not know about ICT, but yes my employer can provide my letter for employment. But on the other hand I want to apply for open work permit because then I am eligible for any work.
Which is good option for me ? Is open work permit difficult to get approved ? because I want to apply for BOWP instead to get a letter for employment of my current employer.

Please advise all.

Thanks.

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
Amisnic said:
cecpet,

I will suggest you apply online in February for a BOWP. I assume you already have your AOR. Make sure that you are within 4 months of the expiry date of your current work permit when you submit your application.

All the best.

Yea you are correct dear I got AOR already and I have to apply in Feb as my WP expiring in June. But which option is easy to get BOWP or apply under current employer. Because I want to apply for open work permit but is it difficult to get BOWP ??

joshy008

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEPTEMBER 5 2013
Nomination.....
july 10
AOR Received.
OCTOBER 9
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
0CTOBER 9
Med's Done....
OCTOBER 29
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 4 2014
VISA ISSUED...
nov 21 2014
LANDED..........
DECEMBER 11 2014
BOWP is not difficult to get if you are qualified

ie you have less than 4 months on your work permit

you have received your AOR

open work permit application with a cover letter stating you are applying for open permit

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
joshy008 said:
BOWP is not difficult to get if you are qualified

ie you have less than 4 months on your work permit

you have received your AOR

open work permit application with a cover letter stating you are applying for open permit
Thank you.