+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please advise me with my situation

enrique-gz

Jan 25, 2023
Good morning!

I received my PR invitation last week.
So the story goes like this.
Since I graduated from my university in Mexico in June 2020, I have worked for both of my family business. One of them is in a greenhouse operation and the other one is a textile business. I worked in both business from June 2020 to August 2021. In august 2021 to came to Canada as a student for a business diploma. Then in September 2022 I changed my status from a study permit to a work permit.

For the farm I used to work around 48 hours weekly and there is evidence from that company that i worked there for a year. On the other side I worked part time in the textile business but still worked at least 30 hours weekly. However, there is no evidence from that company that I worked there.
In both my study and work permit I did not include my farm experience as it was happening at the same time as my other part time job. And because I was doing a business diploma it seemed to me more relevant the textile experience as a production assistant.

For my Express Entry application I did include my farm experience as it was categorized as skilled work experience, plus I have evidence to back up that. I did not include the textile experience because I would have not earned any point for that experience.

So my question is.
Since I did not include my farm experience in my previous application, will I have trouble when applying for my PR?
Will a letter of explanation suffice to convince the visa officer of this?
What should I do?

Thank you for any input on this matter!