Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
Hello,
I am in a dilemma nowadays and your advise will be very valuable. Me and my wife are about to apply for our PR under EE. Our commutative CRS score is 455.

Since my work permit ends May, 2017, do you think I am safe and eventually be given an ITA within this time frame or should I start making efforts to increase my score somehow.

I do not have a provincial nomination from any province (including Alberta where I live)
I don't know french (very very basic)
No foriegn experience (only 1year in Canada - NOC A)
Spouse has no Canadian experience

Thanks in advance!

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hasankhan27 said:
Hello,
I am in a dilemma nowadays and your advise will be very valuable. Me and my wife are about to apply for our PR under EE. Our commutative CRS score is 455.

Since my work permit ends May, 2017, do you think I am safe and eventually be given an ITA within this time frame or should I start making efforts to increase my score somehow.

I do not have a provincial nomination from any province (including Alberta where I live)

Thanks in advance!
What about your and spouse IELTS score? ECA for spouse?

dhasha1

Dec 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2015
Nomination.....
20-10-2016
AOR Received.
03-11-2016
Med's Request
03-11-2016
Med's Done....
26-11-2016
hasankhan27 said:
Hello,

Thanks in advance!
I am in the same boat buddy. I have applied for OINP. My spouse can't get the ECA as there is no equivalent degree for her in Canada.

I am re appearing for my IELTS. Scoring CLB 9+ will help me.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dhasha1 said:
I am in the same boat buddy. I have applied for OINP. My spouse can't get the ECA as there is no equivalent degree for her in Canada.

That is the way forward to get a quick invite.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
hasankhan27 said:
Hello,

Thanks in advance!
Try PNP.

dhasha1

Dec 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2015
Nomination.....
20-10-2016
AOR Received.
03-11-2016
Med's Request
03-11-2016
Med's Done....
26-11-2016
Stanlee said:
PNP processing time for all provinces now is too long. and they are not even sending notification to apply.

pavanvk

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
Toronto-Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
23-03-2016
Med's Done....
06-04-2016
Passport Req..
27-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2016
LANDED..........
14-11-2016
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) is one of the good program programs available, it doesn't have an on demand jobs list.

OINP sends invites for everyone who is above 400 CRS. However its been more than 1 month they have sent invites to anyone.

few experts are guessing - they have huge work load and hence wants to clear a part of that and then send out the invites
few others are guessing - they have reached the quota and the quota will reopen when they rule out ineligible candidates.

in either case months of June and July is when one has to keep an eye on this program.

CRS-455-May 2017 ------- Don't you worry about your situation. You have ample time, figure out which PNP best suits your profile and which province you want to move to, and in meantime the CRS might fall to previous lows --- 450

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
jairichi said:
What about your and spouse IELTS score? ECA for spouse?
We have appeared for CELPIP just 2 days ago and both are expecting CLB score 9

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
dhasha1 said:

I have applied for my wife's ECA and expecting an quivalent of a bachelor's degree. EXpecting to have 8 more points that way.

Would I be able to apply for OINP while living and working in Alberta?

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
pavanvk said:
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) is one of the good program programs available, it doesn't have an on demand jobs list.

OINP sends invites for everyone who is above 400 CRS. However its been more than 1 month they have sent invites to anyone.

few experts are guessing - they have huge work load and hence wants to clear a part of that and then send out the invites
few others are guessing - they have reached the quota and the quota will reopen when they rule out ineligible candidates.

in either case months of June and July is when one has to keep an eye on this program.

CRS-455-May 2017 ------- Don't you worry about your situation. You have ample time, figure out which PNP best suits your profile and which province you want to move to, and in meantime the CRS might fall to previous lows --- 450
Thanks for the reply. Can i apply for an OINP living and working here in Alberta??

dhasha1

Dec 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2015
Nomination.....
20-10-2016
AOR Received.
03-11-2016
Med's Request
03-11-2016
Med's Done....
26-11-2016
hasankhan27 said:
Thanks for the reply. Can i apply for an OINP living and working here in Alberta??
Yes you can.

muxican

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-02-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
27-01-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
hasankhan27 said:
Hello,

Thanks in advance!
I had 454 points, created my profile on Dec 8th, 2015, and got ITA on Jan 13th, 2016. From ITA to the final case decision should be less than 6 months so I think you are pretty safe.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
hasankhan27 said:
Can i apply for an OINP living and working here in Alberta??
Yes you can, but unless you can show personal ties (friends/family, prior experience) to Ontario and/or serious intent to live in Ontario (e.g. by visiting or moving to Ontario, conducting an Ontario-based job search), it is unlikely that you will offered the nomination.

Mazher Ahmed

Jul 17, 2014
hasankhan27 said:
Hi Hasan, Welcome to the Forum, You can apply for OINP, and you are not suppose to be their in Ontario, while you are applying for that stream, but the problem is that they are not sending any PT notification, don't know the reason that why they stop sending the PT notification.. i think 450 above CRS score is on the safe side, CRS score will go down eventually but nobody knows the time frame:)

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
hasankhan27 said:
Yes, you can. You will have to submit a Statement of Intent to Reside in Ontario/Settlement Plan which should basically state how intend to reside in Ontario, in terms of the following.
- Job opportunities related to your field of experience (your research on the same). If you are married, then the above would apply for your spouse.
- Proof of the jobs that you have applied in Ontario
- The relations/ties/connections that you have established in the province (family, relatives, friends etc).
- If you have kids, you can also cite the good educational institutions as the reason for selecting Ontario.
- If you are into art, sports or some hobby, then you can look up on the same and find out something which can substantiate your intention to reside in Ontario

Basically, you need to put forward a very convincing Settlement Plan.