+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pleas help !!! a quite tricky issue after eCoPR..... is it a misrepresentation?

Maple leaf in CA

Sep 1, 2022
sincerely Appreciate every answer and advice:

I met with my spouse in Canada while I held a work permit and he had a student permit, and we married this Aug.

Then I submitted two webforms immediately to IRCC to report my changes of marriage and request to add up my spouse to my current PR application with supporting documentation together, but only an auto-reply was received and I never reach successfully IRCC service line

Later I also notify in particular the original provincial immigration office about my marriage, and they replied shortly unable to add my spouse and suggested inquiring with IRCC about sponsor spouse. (actually, I got to know from friends that it is unnecessary to change anything on the original nomination after my PR submission). so I might misunderstand those wordings, then when I received my approval letter, I just replied with my personal info only and received my eCoPR but my status is still single on it.

The tricky thing was that I received the confirmation notice from previous webforms only several days after my eCoPR, but seems there was nothing changed on my application status shows "complete" still...

Now I am really upset what should I do now is the safest and right option right now? any remedy or possible consequence?

1. If I chose to face and notify IRCC to rectify this, whether they reopen my case and withdraw my eCoPR? what makes me upset is not only my eCoPR would be withdrawn, but also ban me in the next five years for any new application.

2. if I chose to do nothing, is any risk in future if I filled the info about married and spouse info then when I plan to renew my PR status or apply for citizenship a few years later?

3. if I chose to do nothing, does my spouse supposed still available to apply for PR on his own via EE or other streams, right? but he still needs to list me as the spouse on his application form, is it ok or not?

4. I also ever consider to apply a super visit visa for my parents in future, and I am not sure whether that will open a window for IRCC to track me back even though I did not find anywhere to request my marriage and spouse as children and inviter..... but still have concerns and upset

Last edited:

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Very tricky situation. When they sent you the portal 1 email, that was a direct contact to IRCC. Why didn't you inform them of the change in status?

Maple leaf in CA

Sep 1, 2022
Very tricky situation. When they sent you the portal 1 email, that was a direct contact to IRCC. Why didn't you inform them of the change in status?
because my friend told me cic would send a different email to me and my spouse separately, so I just replied for my part in my mail. And furthermore, I just thought there were no new changes or update since from last webforms notification to cic

Maple leaf in CA

Sep 1, 2022
what's more, I finally reached IRCC by call today, after hearing the full story, the agent told me it is fine to initiate another sponsor application but to attach a letter of explanation with proof of previous webform submission and response to tell the officer the reason, then the officer will understand it.

but I am not sure if what she said could be trusted or not, or get in trouble with my own permanent residence