+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Planning to take RISK of sponsoring my kid when RO not fully met

GRV

Star Member
May 5, 2009
Thanks Leon for the reply.
I have Pm you the drafted letter, if u can reveiw the same and let me know would be great.

GRV

Star Member
May 5, 2009
@PMM, Scylla ... Guys Pls need your view-point as well. I have had a talk with Leon as well. But the confusion which I am facing is whether to apply for 6months, 12 months or 18months of my kids' TRV extension. (As we, the parent, will be eligible to apply for our pr cards renewal only in Nov 2017 & then only plan to sponsor our kid) Will really appreciate your response on this.

The thing is if I apply for 6 months and if granted then what after 6 months, if i re-request for another 6 months that might trigger our PR RO being not met & we can be questioned. So thats why bit confused as to how much timeframe to request for.

Will wait for your responses.

Thanks in advance.

GRV

Star Member
May 5, 2009
Hey everybody,
Hope all's well with everyone.
UPDATE:
1. So my wife & I stayed in Canada for good 2 years at a stretch and applied for renewal with 750days in the kitty. And boy, it worked. Finally my wife & I received our renewed PR Cards in May 2018. We're so glad that everything worked out.
I would like to thank this forum for all the help and would like to single out Leon for his guidance as well, @Leon you were of great help man. Take care.

NEXT Step: To sponsor my kid. So I did not apply for the TRV extension & waited till we(parents) get our PR cards renewed.
We are planning for outland sponsorship while our kid is in Canada with us.
The only issue or risk, i assume, is in October we have to visit our home country for atleast couple of months, and then bringing our kid back into Canada would be a hassle as she has already overstayed teh TRV.
So still finalizing few things before I submit the application.

Well, once again a big thanks to this forum & help provided. Will catch up again. God Bless all.

Thx
GRV

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is a risk. Since they can deny entry to your child. Sure, you as PR will have entry granted, but not your child. So you can end up in the situation, where one of you might have to return back with your child.
So if until then the application is not approved, do not risk it.

sharmausct

Jun 24, 2013
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
Med's Request
First on 21-12-2013,Second on 22-09-2014 for daughter(due to family addition)
Med's Done....
First on 27-01-2014, Second on 27-09-2014 for daughter(due to family addition)
Passport Req..
First on 21-12-2013,Second on 16-10-2014 for daughter(due to family addition)
VISA ISSUED...
First on 06-06-2014, Second on 14-10-2014 (due to family addition)
Guys!
If both parents meet RO but only kids [one is 4 years and other is 6 years] miss RO then what are the chances of kids getting reported at the airport. All 4 of us have PR valid till Feb 2020.

If kids do get reported then what is the chance of winning an appeal? If we loose appeal then can they force kids to leave Canada and to be separated from parents?

GRV

Star Member
May 5, 2009
That is a risk. Since they can deny entry to your child. Sure, you as PR will have entry granted, but not your child. So you can end up in the situation, where one of you might have to return back with your child.
So if until then the application is not approved, do not risk it.
Yes, that's what we are contemplating... cannot miss the event in home country & dont wanna risk the kid's arrival back into Canada.
I was thinking if they deny TRV & TRP as well. I will try entering through US border as we all have US Visitor visa & try to see if Border officer allows us. IF not, then yes the worst case scenario My wife has to stay with our kid till the time the PR sponsorship is approved.

Thx

GRV

Star Member
May 5, 2009
Guys!
If both parents meet RO but only kids [one is 4 years and other is 6 years] miss RO then what are the chances of kids getting reported at the airport. All 4 of us have PR valid till Feb 2020.

If kids do get reported then what is the chance of winning an appeal? If we loose appeal then can they force kids to leave Canada and to be separated from parents?
Hey Sharmausct, you PM'd me as well, so I replied you over there. You need to provide more details with your case as to dates and stuff before we can respond.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, that's what we are contemplating... cannot miss the event in home country & dont wanna risk the kid's arrival back into Canada.
I was thinking if they deny TRV & TRP as well. I will try entering through US border as we all have US Visitor visa & try to see if Border officer allows us. IF not, then yes the worst case scenario My wife has to stay with our kid till the time the PR sponsorship is approved.

Thx
Did you not extend the visitor status for your children during those 2 years?

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
Yes,
I was about to post the same question.
Just wondering how the child was staying in Canada beyond June 2016 ?!

sharmausct

Jun 24, 2013
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
Med's Request
First on 21-12-2013,Second on 22-09-2014 for daughter(due to family addition)
Med's Done....
First on 27-01-2014, Second on 27-09-2014 for daughter(due to family addition)
Passport Req..
First on 21-12-2013,Second on 16-10-2014 for daughter(due to family addition)
VISA ISSUED...
First on 06-06-2014, Second on 14-10-2014 (due to family addition)

Thx
I think there is a slight difference in our cases. Your kid is not yet PR I think and my kids are PR. But they will miss 730 days RO when they land by 3 months.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think there is a slight difference in our cases. Your kid is not yet PR I think and my kids are PR. But they will miss 730 days RO when they land by 3 months.
Which means that it will be much easier to get it for the child that is PR already. Chances to win H&C there is much higher (if of course parents do meet RO). Plus they cannot deny them entry to Canada while they are still PR.

GRV

Star Member
May 5, 2009
Yes she overstayed after the TRV expiry; The lawyer whom I consented said I wouldn't bother of your kid going out of status but u guys first need to get your PR residency obligation done & cards renewed; IRCC wont come behind a 3-year old kid. So thats what we did and now in the cover letter am specifying the truth as to y we let the trv expired due to renewal of pr cards & explain the situation

GRV

Star Member
May 5, 2009
Ok, so here is the final update.
As specified earlier, we (parents) got our PR cards renewed after staying put for 2 years at a stretch. No hiccups in getting PR cards renewed, followed the normal procedure of renewing the pr cards.

Now, we needed to sponsor our child who was born outside Canada and we brought her on TRV, based on my discussion with fellow members here, n my lawyer, we decided not to file for TRV extension nor did we apply for sponsorship until we got our PR cards renewed.

Applied for sponsorship in July 2018, specified truth in the cover letter that we were waiting on our PR cards renewed before we sponsor our child (i think being honest worked if you don't have anything to hide). Went out of Canada in October 2018 to visit my home country while the sponsorship was in process. In Dec 2018 we received the COPR & ppt stamped :) so yes, By God's grace, everything worked out. The sponsorship process was normal, submitted all the required docs, nothing more n nothing less and just let it take its own course.
Hope it helps for those in similar boat.
Once again big thanks to the forum members for helping out here..

joss

Nov 7, 2011
Hi grv,

My situation was kind of similar to yours. We moved to Canada from USA in 2017 . Our PR card were about to expire. My US born son did not have Canadian PR. At Port of entry ,we told visa officer honestly that we never lived in Canada. The reason was my health issues. I had all the records with me . But he said he do not want to see them.we imported all our home stuff to Canada using moving company. I showed him all the documents. At that point he give temp visitor Visa forf6 monthsor my son with no restrictions so that he can study and have medical. We were not reported.after comingto Canada we contacted few lawyers so that we can sponser our son. Obviously they said yes. Honestly all lawyers are thief's. They just want to make money. And we sponsered. All was going smoothly. My son's medical was done. Suddenly we received letter from immigration asking residency questionnaire. I was pregnant at that point. I was so much stressed that my baby came early. Same week we had deadline to submit all supporting documents. 2 days after my delivery we were going from one lawyer office to another to find a solution. But all were Straigt forward telling us that we gonna get removal orders soon. We managed to get extension for 4 months to submit our documents. And did research on my own. We hired a lawyer too but it was waste of money. Fortunately me and my husband were doing jobs in well established companies in Canada. We purchased our house as well. My son was attending school. I had all reports of medical reasons. My daughter was Canadian born. Got lots of support letters . Did lot of charitable work in big organizations. Finally after two months of submitting our documents we got PR card for my son. After that lawyer was insisting us to apply for our PR. But we never did as we waiting for our days to complete.now we completed our days. I just want to know is there any specific documents we should send so that we can get our PR ASAP because we need to travel to our home country in March because my father in law is having knee surgery scheduled . Nobody is there to take care of him. Experts please respond. I am writing the whole story so that people should not fall in trap of lawyers.i hired a lawyer who was very popular because he was immigration judge at one point. But of no use. All documents all.letters everything I perpared myself. He just submitted on his behalf. Also I went through the text of all immigration appeals from 2014 to 2017. Only 10 percent of appeals are approved. Remaining got rejected. Lawyers just push to appeal because they make lot of money from it.

Experts please help for urgent PR renewal process based on our situation .

Bentham

Sep 8, 2018
After that lawyer was insisting us to apply for our PR. But we never did as we waiting for our days to complete.now we completed our days.
Please explain what you mean. Have you stayed in Canada for 730 days by now?