+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Planning to study in Manitoba

jas.joshi

May 15, 2014
Hello All,

I am new to this forum. I am planning to do some Certification Course from Manitoba.
My question is: Is it possible for me to take my spouse and 5 year old kid along with me?? My spouse has around 9 years of work ex in IT field.
What I know that they can get the Dependent Visa. How many chances are there for them to get the Dependent Visa??
Is there any one who has done the same thing in past??

Please share your views/experiences.

Thanks in advance.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
jas.joshi said:
Hello All,

I am new to this forum. I am planning to do some Certification Course from Manitoba.
My question is: Is it possible for me to take my spouse and 5 year old kid along with me?? My spouse has around 9 years of work ex in IT field.
What I know that they can get the Dependent Visa. How many chances are there for them to get the Dependent Visa??
Is there any one who has done the same thing in past??

Please share your views/experiences.

Thanks in advance.
did not understand ur question completely..u want to know how many times a person can apply for visa if rejected right? well there is no such limit but u shouldnt apply multiple time unless u have made significant changes and addressed the reasons for rejection first. yes there r people who r studying with spouses.

jas.joshi

May 15, 2014
Hi,

Thanx for your prompt reply.

I have never applied before to any kind of Canada/Manitoba Visa.

I just wanted to know that if it is possible to go to Manitoba (on Study Visa) with spouse and kid??

If it is possible then:

1. Should I apply the Dependent Visa (for my spouse and kid ) at the same time when I apply for my Study Visa??

2. What are the chances to get the Dependent visa for them??

indian9969

May 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-11-2013
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
18-03-2014
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
jas.joshi said:
Hi,

Thanx for your prompt reply.

I have never applied before to any kind of Canada/Manitoba Visa.

I just wanted to know that if it is possible to go to Manitoba (on Study Visa) with spouse and kid??

If it is possible then:

1. Should I apply the Dependent Visa (for my spouse and kid ) at the same time when I apply for my Study Visa??

Try applying under Federal Skilled Workers Program. New lists have come so you can try under that route.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
if u have admission to a college/university which would be on the designated list of institutions(as per new rules effective june 1st 2014) then yes u can apply for study visa .....first u need to decide college/univeristy and get admission.
new rules can be found here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-changes.asp

its upto u however the fund requirement remains the same and is very important to have enough funds...http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp#doc3

no one can tell u ur chances as it depends on a lot of factors like ur profile, ur spouses profile, ur financial situation ,prospects in ur home country after ur study is complete, ties to ur home country , how u prepare ur file, ur luck etc just to name a few.

dok

Apr 20, 2014
First, you need to be accepted into a university or college in Manitoba. If you plan to study in Manitoba, then you'll need to apply for Canadian Study Permit and if applicable Temporary Resident Visa. If your spouse and children are accompanying you to Canada, then you should submit your applications together as one package to the nearest Canadian High Commission or VFS (visa centers). You may also apply online together with your family at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/apply_online.asp

Note: if your national requires biometric, then even if you submit your application online, you'll still need to do this at the Canadian Visa Centers.

These are the documents you'll need: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp (so you'll need to meet the financial requirement for your wife and kid).

In your case you'll need the following documents:
Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294)
Application for Temporary Resident Visa (if you need entry visa to enter Canada)
Family Information Form (IMM5707)

Supporting documents
Letter of acceptance
Marriage License/Certificate
Proof of Means of Financial Support
Passport or travel document
Passport sized photos (35mm *45mm)
Police report
Medical report (if requested)

For family members (your spouse and child):
Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257)
Application for work permit (if your spouse qualifies and intends to work in Canada, she may apply for open work permit to look for job while in Canada)
Family Information Form (IMM5707)

Supporting documents
Purpose of Travel
Proof of Means of Financial Support
Passport or travel document
Digital Photo
Police report
Medical report (if requested)

If you intend to enrol your kind in school, then the appropriate permit must be obtained.

In a whole, your chances of having your study permit approved and for your family depends on your financial capacity, travel history, wife's occupation, social ties to your country, etc. The visa officer will assess your application based on several factors. No person in this forum can tell you for sure that you'll be approved or what your family chances are. You may also wish to submit paper application because this channel ensures that you've submitted the right application forms and the supporting documents.

This information serves as a guide. Please consult the Canadian visa centers for more information or submit your application at the visa centers or you may solicit the services of legally authorized person to offer you advise on Canada immigration matters.

jas.joshi

May 15, 2014
Hi Dok,

Today I have applied at 2 Universities for my Certification course one in University of Manitoba and second one is in Durham College.
I am waiting for their response. Hopefully I'll get a positive reply from them as I have done B.Tech in Computer Engg. with 75% and having around 8 years of IT work experience.

Tomorrow I'll go and apply for other Universities and colleges. Fingers crossed.....

dok

Apr 20, 2014
jas.joshi said:
Hi Dok,

Today I have applied at 2 Universities for my Certification course one in University of Manitoba and second one is in Durham College.
I am waiting for their response. Hopefully I'll get a positive reply from them as I have done B.Tech in Computer Engg. with 75% and having around 8 years of IT work experience.

Tomorrow I'll go and apply for other Universities and colleges. Fingers crossed.....
Ok, so you don't even have admission yet)) So far the people I know they leave for Canada to study with their families are those pursuing PhD or postdoctoral study. This category of students are mostly successful in their visa applications for family (wife and children). If you're going for just one-year certificate program or less, why with your family? Anyway, if you've a strong financial support for yourself and them, then you might be successful with your visa application for your family. Otherwise, not advisable as your wife may later apply for TRV to visit you.

sikanderv

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2014
IELTS Request
8 overall (R9 L8.5 S7.5 W7)
File Transfer...
25-07-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-06-2014
Passport Req..
With application
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Yet to decide
jas.joshi said:
Hi Dok,

I'm also applying for a Manitoba college (28 months diploma). But I'm planning to go alone for now. Let me know if you need any info. Good luck!