+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Planning to send application via Canada-post registered mail. Which address?

stellahello

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Hi all,

I am planning to send my application via registered mail with Canada Post. Please advise which address I should use. I would like to get a receipt of the package so assume that the second is appropriate.

By regular mail
Case Processing Centre—Sydney
Grant Adults
P.O. Box 7000
Sydney, Nova Scotia B1P 6V6
Canada

By courier
Case Processing Centre—Sydney
Grant Adults
47­–49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, Nova Scotia B1P 5Z2

CIC1973

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
To the courier address.
btw, wouldn't you be better off using some other major courier such as FedEX, UPS, Purolator...?

stellahello

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
CIC1973 said:
To the courier address.
btw, wouldn't you be better off using some other major courier such as FedEX, UPS, Purolator...?
Are there any differences between them? I have been using Canada Post when sending documents to the Government so I barely know about the others. Please give me some explanation on that if you don't mind. Thank you!

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Last time I sent with CP, got the most expensive package, being told would arrive in 2 days, ended up 2 weeks. They gave me refund though.

ottawaResident

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-SEP-2011
AOR Received.
21-OCT-11
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
21-OCT-11
Med's Request
21-OCT-11
Med's Done....
27-OCT-11
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
7-DEC-2011
VISA ISSUED...
3-JAN-2012
LANDED..........
10-JAN-2012
CIC1973 said:
To the courier address.
Ummm I think courier address is for FedEx, ups and purolator. Just because you are sending by registered mail (assuming no signature required) it's still considered regular mail. I bought a "National Prepaid envelope" from Canada Post and sent it to the PO Box 7000 address.

stellahello

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
ottawaResident said:
Ummm I think courier address is for FedEx, ups and purolator. Just because you are sending by registered mail (assuming no signature required) it's still considered regular mail. I bought a "National Prepaid envelope" from Canada Post and sent it to the PO Box 7000 address.
Is registered mail required the recipient's signature?

kslade

Aug 6, 2014
Send to the courier address.
Make sure that you have a tracking number. My application was delivered 1 month later the guaranteed date (I used Canada Post). They refunded me the money, but I ended up losing a month.

stellahello

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
kslade said:
Send to the courier address.
Make sure that you have a tracking number. My application was delivered 1 month later the guaranteed date (I used Canada Post). They refunded me the money, but I ended up losing a month.
Yes, thank you for your advice. I feel your pain. I don't even get how come that happened. Well, the good thing was that they didn't lose your package at least. (But still awful)

ottawaResident

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-SEP-2011
AOR Received.
21-OCT-11
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
21-OCT-11
Med's Request
21-OCT-11
Med's Done....
27-OCT-11
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
7-DEC-2011
VISA ISSUED...
3-JAN-2012
LANDED..........
10-JAN-2012
stellahello said:
Is registered mail required the recipient's signature?
The National Prepaid envelope doesn't require a signature but comes with a tracking number. I sent mine last Friday and it got in this morning. Again, I had sent it to the PO Box 7000 address.

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada Post is reliable.

I sent my application regular mail Canada Post. It took eight days though, but it reached the destination :)

I used 3 stamps. Lol..