+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Planning to pursue MBA-distance from India, for extra 40 CRS points! Please help!

ronnie92

Nov 19, 2017
If you can afford it, look into a US program. Provided it's not a private or 'online-only' school, I would guess you'd probably get a Canadian Masters equivalent.
Thanks, but I don't think I'll be able to afford that at this stage, the costs being way too high as compared to the costs in my nation. However, really appreciate the advice! :)

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Hi all,

I'm planning to pursue MBA in distance learning mode. I'm currently keeping Sikkim Manipal as an option. I'm yet to take an admission for the course, and if I take an admission (next session commences from April 2018), my degree will come around April 2020.

Now, the problem is, if I get my degree in April 2020, I'll be stuck as WES doesn't evaluate SMU-DE degrees. I recently came to know that I can get my ECA done through ICAS/IQAS for my SMU-DE MBA degree. But, the problem is, ICAS/IQAS will take a long time to output a positive result.

I was told that Canada immigrations will be on verge till 2020 only. If I get my degree in April 2020, and get ICAS/IQAS to evaluate it, this means it will kinda, be 2021 till my results come!

This means I'll not come under the 2020 limit and even then when I apply for express entry, it will be 2021 - I don't even know if I'd be able to succeed then.

My current score is 429 only, with my bachelors degree (B.Tech.) done from Rajasthan Technical University. Getting MBA degree will get it to 469, which, is a good score for CRS.

Please help me, are there any alternative universities where I can try for distance MBA that WES recognises, because WES would take minimal time as compared to the time taken by ICAS/IQAS!

Please help!
Why don't you pursue a distance 1 yr PG diploma instead of 2 yrs mba. (I read somewhere that wes recognizes IGNOU, but please read more about ignou and confirm). With this you can claim points for two or more degrees which will make your score 462, which is a great score. Plus you can save 1 whole yr.

Last edited:
Reactions: ronnie92

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
As far as I know, CIC doesn't consider distance learning education. Better verify this yourself.
"I was told that Canada immigration will be on verge till 2020 only" *** This is just speculation, when express entry started people were saying that the score will come down after 6 months and every one in the pool will get invitation, now its been more than 3 years with this high score.

So, instead of relying on speculations just find a way to improve your score.
Then you don't know fully...
Either give a proof when you make such statements or go through forum please...
You will find hundreds of comments from people where they used distance education to create profiles provided ECA recognizes it

ronnie92

Nov 19, 2017
Why don't you pursue a distance 1 yr PG diploma instead of 2 yrs mba. (I read somewhere that wes recognizes IGNOU, but please read more about ignou and confirm). With this you can claim points for two or more degrees which will make your score 462, which is a great score. Plus you can save 1 whole yr.
Thanks, really thanks a lot for this information!
BTW, you happen to know the specifics (as in, the score and all), so do you happen to follow the same path as this? Or have you come across people who've done this?
Congratulations on your ITA, btw! :)

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Thanks, really thanks a lot for this information!
BTW, you happen to know the specifics (as in, the score and all), so do you happen to follow the same path as this? Or have you come across people who've done this?
Congratulations on your ITA, btw! :)
It took me just two minutes to calculate your score using the information you provided in the first post. Luckily I got evaluated with master's so I dint have to go for any distance course. I've been reading the forum for a long time so I read this in many threads where people have pursued 1 yr program to gain points, which is why I suggested it for you. You could search the forum to read more on this. All the best with your application, I hope it works out for you.
And, thank you :)

ronnie92

Nov 19, 2017
It took me just two minutes to calculate your score using the information you provided in the first post. Luckily I got evaluated with master's so I dint have to go for any distance course. I've been reading the forum for a long time so I read this in many threads where people have pursued 1 yr program to gain points, which is why I suggested it for you. You could search the forum to read more on this. All the best with your application, I hope it works out for you.
And, thank you :)
Thank you so much for the info. I guess IGNOU/IMT/Symbiosis/other universities PG Diploma would get me a valid ECA and the expected points.

BTW, could you please guide me on how did you achieve 454 on CRS? I simulated your scores on CRS for the sake of my understanding but couldn't conclude the end result (with dummy entries for work experience and all).

Thanks!

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Thank you so much for the info. I guess IGNOU/IMT/Symbiosis/other universities PG Diploma would get me a valid ECA and the expected points.

BTW, could you please guide me on how did you achieve 454 on CRS? I simulated your scores on CRS for the sake of my understanding but couldn't conclude the end result (with dummy entries for work experience and all).

Thanks!
I'm the secondary applicant. My husband is the primary applicant. We both have masters. We're both under 30. He got CLB 9 in all IELTS modules. We showed only 1 yr work experience ( the minimum) ...as he did not want his colleagues from present job to know that we are applying for PR. So yeah...it comes to 454 if you calculate. We could have scored more by showing 3 yrs work ex...but we got lucky at 454.

ronnie92

Nov 19, 2017
I'm the secondary applicant. My husband is the primary applicant. We both have masters. We're both under 30. He got CLB 9 in all IELTS modules. We showed only 1 yr work experience ( the minimum) ...as he did not want his colleagues from present job to know that we are applying for PR. So yeah...it comes to 454 if you calculate. We could have scored more by showing 3 yrs work ex...but we got lucky at 454.
That's great! You'll finally be there in Canada now! :)
All the very best and please keep guiding us! Will be having more questions in future :)

engr_123

May 22, 2022
Hi....I got my SMU MBA degree evaluated by IQAS as Masters in sept 2018. As i am about to complete 5 years this year. I have to get it assessed again. Will they not my evaluate my degree like before.... any info in this regard will be highly appreciated.