Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys

I just got my test letter for Edmonton. However I already bought tickets to travel a day before.

Do you guys know what happens if I miss the test? Do you know how long I have to wait before I get another test?

Please advice those who have the experience.

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alabaman said:
Hello guys

I just got my test letter for Edmonton. However I already bought tickets to travel a day before.

Do you guys know what happens if I miss the test? Do you know how long I have to wait before I get another test?

call the CIC and inform that you wont be able to come on your test date. They will also tell you how many weeks or months you have to wait. But if I were you ill rebook my flight ;o)

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alabaman said:
Hello guys

CIC operate a one notice process for test, oath, CJ hearing etc. If you are a no show then you have to write a letter explaining your reason for missing the appointment. I was going on vacation doesn't fly...as per CIC severe illness, death or other emergency say flooding that locks down the city is what the 'acceptable' reasons are. If your reason isn't acceptable your file is closed administratively. If its acceptable you get re-scheduled at CIC's convenience...the forum has people waiting for 9-12 months to re-test. If your checks expire.....Cut your losses go for the test...you will always get another flight.

If the travel is more important notify CIC in writing you can't make it. See above for re-test timelines. CIC may also decide to RQ you...seems they tend to take the view that 'no shows' may not be living in Canada.

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msafiri said:
CIC operate a one notice process for test, oath, CJ hearing etc. If you are a no show then you have to write a letter explaining your reason for missing the appointment. I was going on vacation doesn't fly...as per CIC severe illness, death or other emergency say flooding that locks down the city is what the 'acceptable' reasons are. If your reason isn't acceptable your file is closed administratively. If its acceptable you get re-scheduled at CIC's convenience...the forum has people waiting for 9-12 months to re-test. If your checks expire.....Cut your losses go for the test...you will always get another flight.

If the travel is more important notify CIC in writing you can't make it. See above for re-test timelines. CIC may also decide to RQ you...seems they tend to take the view that 'no shows' may not be living in Canada.
very well said ;D so come on take the exam!

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msafiri said:

Thanks for the long explanation. I actually called CIC and the lady told me that they will automatically reschedule me if I miss the first test but if I miss the second test I will have to write a letter of explanation. I am taking that with a grain of salt though.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alabaman said:
.... I actually called CIC and the lady told me that they will automatically reschedule me if I miss the first test but if I miss the second test I will have to write a letter of explanation. I am taking that with a grain of salt though.
Ahh are you sure you called the correct number...you may have wrongly got through to Citizenship & (Mis) Information Canada. What does the text in your notice to appear actually state...?? Hint its the correct outcome.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Alabaman said:
Thanks for the long explanation. I actually called CIC and the lady told me that they will automatically reschedule me if I miss the first test but if I miss the second test I will have to write a letter of explanation. I am taking that with a grain of salt though.
This is correct. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=910&t=5

What should I do if I missed my citizenship test?

The steps you should take if you did not attend your citizenship test depend on if we sent you:

a first notice to write the test,
a final notice to write the test, or
a notice to re-write the test.

I was sent my first notice to write the test

If this was the first time you were asked to write the test, you can:

- contact us to let us know you missed the test, or
- wait to be automatically rescheduled for another date

kentTO

Star Member
Jul 24, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dont skip the test man......... they put you on back of the queue and you would wait many more months....

Do the change fee. Its once in a lifetime investment

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kentTO said:
Dont skip the test man......... they put you on back of the queue and you would wait many more months....

Do the change fee. Its once in a lifetime investment
i completely agree what is $100 compare to the time you have to wait on the test. I see that you have your application since 2012. Anyway you will wait for another months for oath, so dont miss this exam else its gonna long again ;D

pedros

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just had exactly the same situation myself! I had a flight booked on the day of my test. The test is in the morning so I just managed to shift the itinerary to a flight leaving later in the evening. Only had to pay out $10-20, including the change fee, as the later flight was cheaper :)

Honestly, do as everyone is saying! In my case I can't think of anything that is more important than sitting that test asap!

Best of luck.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pedros said:
Just had exactly the same situation myself! I had a flight booked on the day of my test. The test is in the morning so I just managed to shift the itinerary to a flight leaving later in the evening. Only had to pay out $10-20, including the change fee, as the later flight was cheaper :)

Honestly, do as everyone is saying! In my case I can't think of anything that is more important than sitting that test asap!

Best of luck.
+1 , and PLS Write it

May2014

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Better safe then sorry ... Take that test whatever the consequences !!! Just postpone ur flight / refund / or even if y loose it totally ... Some people just dream of a test date .. So please listen to everyone's advice !
Gdluck