feb 8th 2010
Passport Req..
feb 1st 2010
VISA ISSUED...
STATUS CHANGED TO DECISION MADE ON JULY 1ST
LANDED..........
july 21st 2010.
hello,

I am planning to apply for citizenship next month .I came to canada as landed immigrant on july 21 2010. But been to USA for 11 days on some visits
plus 5 days same day returns. I have the stamps for 11 days and for same day returns no stamps and i have the shopping reciepts for thee 5 days.

here are some of my questions .

1) Should i wait for one more month and apply ?So that i have extra days just incase .
2) If you have some diploma transcripts from canada ,i assume you need not submit IELTS or language test.Please comment.
3) I might move to Other province but not clear.Just incase suppose i apply in aug first week and move to other address ,how can i inform CIC
since i have already submitted in first week on aug .
4) I have not been to home country in these 3 years but just to USA as i have mentioned.
what are the proactive precautions that i need to take to avoid RQ etc etc.

Kindly suggest.

Thanks,
Pradeep.

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pkakula said:
here are some of my questions .

1) Should i wait for one more month and apply ?So that i have extra days just incase .
I'd say so. You waited supposedly for 1095 days, 30 more days aint gonna hurt you. I'd say go for it.

pkakula said:
2) If you have some diploma transcripts from canada ,i assume you need not submit IELTS or language test.Please comment.
Not really, the CIC might have some tight-behind rules on what diploma/degree certificates it will accept. An IELTS on the other hand though is an undeniable proof of your English proficiency as those results probably qualified you for the PR app in the first place. My Canadian Educational transcripts would be supporting my primary IELTS evidence

pkakula said:
3) I might move to Other province but not clear.Just incase suppose i apply in aug first week and move to other address ,how can i inform CIC
since i have already submitted in first week on aug .
You can update your address when you can check your case status online, like how you might have done for your PR. That's the easiest way and one that you would have proof that you indeed let CIC know.
Code:
[i]There are other inferior ways like calling the CIC helpline, possibly faxing them, notorized mail sent to them on this notice or on the off chance a writ of mandamus. Things might not get that far, but there are occasions I read where CIC flat out denied that a particular department didnt receive any change of address notifications on your file and they most certainly wont regret on their mistake. So in those cases if things get delayed on your application, the CIC doesnt recognize the feeling of remorse. Didnt want to threaten you or discourage you, see how I mentioned this in small italic letters.[/i]
pkakula said:
4) I have not been to home country in these 3 years but just to USA as i have mentioned.
what are the proactive precautions that i need to take to avoid RQ etc etc.
If one knows such precautions we all will not be ranting in this forum. Actually there's no such definitive recommendations. But frequent travels to USA, mid-east are often triggers for RQs. Your US travel seems to be infrequent to me for 1095 days, but I wont expect the same kind of discretion from the CIC agent/officer. Visit to home countries (say, India, Pakistan, Philippines, S. Africa) are not frowned upon usually by CIC agents. But any long and/or frequent visits might get them excited. Also people who are unemployed, self-employed, usually pay rents in cash with no substantiate records are other unfortunate ones.

Hope this helps, sorry if you thought Im a downer.

pkakula

Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2009
Doc's Request.
sep 2009
AOR Received.
nov 2nd 2009
File Transfer...
sep 9th 2009
Med's Request
feb 01 2010
Med's Done....
feb 8th 2010
Passport Req..
feb 1st 2010
VISA ISSUED...
STATUS CHANGED TO DECISION MADE ON JULY 1ST
LANDED..........
july 21st 2010.
CanuckForEver said:
I'd say so. You waited supposedly for 1095 days, 30 more days aint gonna hurt you. I'd say go for it.

Not really, the CIC might have some tight-behind rules on what diploma/degree certificates it will accept. An IELTS on the other hand though is an undeniable proof of your English proficiency as those results probably qualified you for the PR app in the first place. My Canadian Educational transcripts would be supporting my primary IELTS evidence

You can update your address when you can check your case status online, like how you might have done for your PR. That's the easiest way and one that you would have proof that you indeed let CIC know.
Code:
[i]There are other inferior ways like calling the CIC helpline, possibly faxing them, notorized mail sent to them on this notice or on the off chance a writ of mandamus. Things might not get that far, but there are occasions I read where CIC flat out denied that a particular department didnt receive any change of address notifications on your file and they most certainly wont regret on their mistake. So in those cases if things get delayed on your application, the CIC doesnt recognize the feeling of remorse. Didnt want to threaten you or discourage you, see how I mentioned this in small italic letters.[/i]
If one knows such precautions we all will not be ranting in this forum. Actually there's no such definitive recommendations. But frequent travels to USA, mid-east are often triggers for RQs. Your US travel seems to be infrequent to me for 1095 days, but I wont expect the same kind of discretion from the CIC agent/officer. Visit to home countries (say, India, Pakistan, Philippines, S. Africa) are not frowned upon usually by CIC agents. But any long and/or frequent visits might get them excited. Also people who are unemployed, self-employed, usually pay rents in cash with no substantiate records are other unfortunate ones.

Hope this helps, sorry if you thought Im a downer.
Canuckforever ,Thanks for your posting that was awesome and helpful to make up my mind !