+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Planning on Soft Landing via Air at Toronto Airport YYZ

AverageIndianGuy

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
YOu can look at the visa and see what it says: no. of entries.

It very much depends for prtd, but no-one can promise you - as a new PR you WILL be in compliance with the residency obligation (automatically) and so it can/should be processed relatively quickly. The ones that take much much longer is usually because they are clearly out of compliance and asking for an H&C decision.

But no-one can tell you how quickly that might be.

I do not know of any work=arounds other than mentioned: stay in Canada until you get your PR card; get your PR card mailed to you; apply for a PRTD; or travel through USA.
Makes sense, thank you for taking time to reply, appreciate it!

I am preparing my self to move permanently niw, its better considering the overall experience i understand. Gotta get life together and move.... time to find out what Canada holds for me!

Cheers!

Reactions: armoured

alokdida

Nov 7, 2021
@armoured

I did my soft landing in January from US via air. Still waiting for PR Card, I have to move in a month or two, but not sure if PR Card would reach the Canada address by then.

I am aware of the PRTD option to travel, but would this cause any hindrance to my PR Card application?
Would they provide me PRTD as my case is not PR card expiry?

Other than PRTD is it possible to travel with the COPR letter I got back when I did soft landing? Many folks are saying this is possible but are unable to confirm or have not heard anyone who did so recently. Appreciate your response.
Hey @milakoch - I am planning to do same. I have couple of questions.
  1. what did you response when they asked for the "How long do you plan to stay in Canada?"
  2. Did you submit below documents? If yes, can you please share format and some details what can be put over there?
    1. a detailed list of all the personal or household items you’re bringing with you
    2. a list of items that are arriving later and their money value

Reactions: Lpranitha

Lpranitha

Apr 29, 2022
@armoured

I did my soft landing in January from US via air. Still waiting for PR Card, I have to move in a month or two, but not sure if PR Card would reach the Canada address by then.

I am aware of the PRTD option to travel, but would this cause any hindrance to my PR Card application?
Would they provide me PRTD as my case is not PR card expiry?

Other than PRTD is it possible to travel with the COPR letter I got back when I did soft landing? Many folks are saying this is possible but are unable to confirm or have not heard anyone who did so recently. Appreciate your response.
What documents did you take for the soft landing?? Did you get your SIN ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dear members,
I am applying for PR online under AIPP, a week I got email from saying that they have received my application. I checked the status it said "they have requested for medical exam" but I didn't get any email or letter ordering me to do medical check up? so what to do next? and when normally I expect to get PR.
Wrong thread

Reactions: Vichet

RodrigoMX

Apr 6, 2020
As long as you are returning to Canada on the road by private vehicle or on foot, you can use the used COPR.
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but by private car you mean one that you own or can you rent one on the us border and use it to travel to Canada?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but by private car you mean one that you own or can you rent one on the us border and use it to travel to Canada?
Yes but not just those.

To simplify, this basically means anything that's not a scheduled bus. I understand taxis should work. Just ask locally.

I understand eg uber and lyft won't but that's internal rules not something the government's doing.

Reactions: RodrigoMX

FeelTheBern

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-12-2020
Med's Request
22-03-2022
Med's Done....
01-04-2022
Passport Req..
14-04-2022
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2022
A few queries regarding soft landing by air:

1. Destination city in my COPR is Toronto. Can I still fly to another city (such as Calgary / Vancouver) for soft landing?
2. Is it compulsory to carry the GTC / GTF list and apply for SIN during soft landing?
3. Do I need to carry CAD if I travel from the US? Or, the US credit / debit cards work fine in Canada?
4. Do we need COVID antigen test results for flying to Canada or only for the return journey to the US?
5. Please share the document checklist for US-Canada and Canada-US flights (if anyone has traveled recently)

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A few queries regarding soft landing by air:

1. Destination city in my COPR is Toronto. Can I still fly to another city (such as Calgary / Vancouver) for soft landing?
2. Is it compulsory to carry the GTC / GTF list and apply for SIN during soft landing?
3. Do I need to carry CAD if I travel from the US? Or, the US credit / debit cards work fine in Canada?
4. Do we need COVID antigen test results for flying to Canada or only for the return journey to the US?
5. Please share the document checklist for US-Canada and Canada-US flights (if anyone has traveled recently)
1) Yes,
2) No, but they prefer you to do it when you actually bring at least the GTC stuff
3) Yes, you can use your US cards
4) Check travel.gc.ca

Reactions: FeelTheBern