N/A
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
NO
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Hello,

I am living in Dubai with my husband and 2 kids. I would very much like to migrate to Canada and settle there. My husband and myself have 15 years of experience working in UAE in Purchasing/logistics/Customer support/ and sales and executive assistant administrative level respectively. My husband has masters degree and me have bachelors degree. We are fairly doing well here. But, for my children's sake for their better future I want to move to Canada on permanent residency status.

My kids are 11 yrs and 6 yrs old. We do not have any job offers from Canada.

Plan is to go there and search for jobs, as I understand from browsing so many internet sites it is impossible to get jobs for those capacities while we are still here in Dubai,

Now, my query is do we stand any chance to migrate to Canada, and most of all Is it worth moving to Canada quiting the jobs we have in Dubai.

How long do we have to struggle to get jobs. Which part of the Canada is best for children education? how much do u think require monthly to feed 4 mouths? and can we survive winters?

Your honest answer is really appreciated.

AMJ

Mar 2, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sushma1976 said:
Hello,

I am living in Dubai with my husband and 2 kids. I would very much like to migrate to Canada and settle there. My husband and myself have 15 years of experience working in UAE in Purchasing/logistics/Customer support/ and sales and executive assistant administrative level respectively. My husband has masters degree and me have bachelors degree. We are fairly doing well here. But, for my children's sake for their better future I want to move to Canada on permanent residency status.

My kids are 11 yrs and 6 yrs old. We do not have any job offers from Canada.

Plan is to go there and search for jobs, as I understand from browsing so many internet sites it is impossible to get jobs for those capacities while we are still here in Dubai,

Now, my query is do we stand any chance to migrate to Canada, and most of all Is it worth moving to Canada quiting the jobs we have in Dubai.

How long do we have to struggle to get jobs. Which part of the Canada is best for children education? how much do u think require monthly to feed 4 mouths? and can we survive winters?

Your honest answer is really appreciated.
Sushma. You need to visit cic.gc.ca website and check the programs i.e. Federal Skilled worker available for immigration to Canada.
Starting next year, the process to immigrate would be reduced considerably and hence it is a good time to plan for your future.
Re. you query, for jobs, expenses, etc, please note that there are jobs available in which you and your hubby have experience while in Dubai. Life is tough there but time would teach us how to survive, eventually. You need to think about kids now and one thing can be said that their future would be quite secured, if they are educated in brought up in Canada.
But first thing first, check your eligibility for immigration and God would help you in the rest.

wiz_kid

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
AOR Received.
30-12-2011
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
File Transfer...
03-02-2012
Med's Request
05-03-2012
Med's Done....
19-03-2012 (RPRF draft en-cashed 19-April-2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-03-2012 (DM since 26-April-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
07-May-2012
LANDED..........
15-Feb-2013
Wow Sushma do you really plan such a necessary step based on our comments alone, I hope not :) , you can take advice but should not depend only on forum to take decision

So coming to your case and as you have mentioned you want to immigrate for your children future. Now these are the points which can help you

1) You need to consider the social adjustment your kids have to do, for them its a big change, Language, friends, society, weather list goes on.
2) What is it which you think is not good for kids currently, if that is something which after moving to Canada will get better you should take chance
3) If you decide to move to Canada then you need to first see who will be Primary applicant and in which category you are eligible to immigrate
4) As far as jobs are considered for right candidates there are plentiful jobs
5) in your case the PA can come first and look for job and family can immigrate after that
6) Money depends totally on the way you wanna spend your lifestyle but for a family of 3k-4k$/month would be a safe bet. (if you are earning low you will get several govt. benefits)

I think you should first answer the top 3 and then plan things further.

let me know if you need more info

Good Luck

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When you immigrate somewhere, you rarely walk into a job at the same level you were working before, that is unless you are working at a fairly low level now which I suppose is not the case. If you manage to immigrate without a job offer, you will have to be prepared that you might have problems finding a good job and will start with survival jobs (anything you can find) and have to work your way up again. If you get lucky and find a good job to start with, that would be great but you'll have to figure in that this might not be the case.

If you want to go to Canada as a tourist in order to look for a job, it depends on where you are from if you need a visit visa and how easy it will be to get one and it will still not be easy getting a job as a tourist as the employers know they can not just hire you, they will need to do some paperwork to get you a work permit and unless they manage to convince that they can not find any Canadian employees, they will be rejected.

Nobody can tell you how hard it will be for you to adjust. It depends on a lot of things, some of which is luck, ability to adapt, outlook on life and also how much you want this.

I am sure your kids would be fine and that you will not have a problem surviving the winters, although you may not enjoy them :)

Sushma1976

Star Member
Apr 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Aug 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
NO
IELTS Request
thank you for your opinions... much helpful

Sushma1976

Star Member
Apr 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Aug 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
NO
IELTS Request
How about the natural disasters? any concerns?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Sushma1976 said:
please be more specific about what you are referring to?

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Sushma1976 said:
Well it depends on what part of Canada you are looking into.

Sushma1976

Star Member
Apr 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Aug 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
NO
IELTS Request
u know like tornedos, winter storms, earthquakes etc..

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Sushma1976 said:
u know like tornedos, winter storms, earthquakes etc..
i live in the US. there are many tornados, hurricanes, blizzards, landslides, forrest fires and earthquakes. you can't predict them. mother nature will do her thing no matter what. canada is a lot better at dealing with snow storms/blizzards than we are here. i don't think i've heard of any earthquakes, tornados and hurricanes causing signifcant dammage in Canada. It is very location specific. Hurricanes are coastal, and mostly found in the atlanic (east coast). generally by the time they make their way north, they have less power so basically it's just a very windy rain storm. they generally start in florida or the gulf of mexico. i'm sure there are some that come from the north and affect Nova Scotia and Newfoundland, I just don't think it's as likely.

earthquakes would be on the west coast - so if they do happen as far north as BC, i have yet to hear of anything that has been severe. Unless they are really strong, you barely notice them. it's basically the ground shaking. if you live in an earthquake prone location, then you learn very quickly how to protect yourself in case of one.

I would imaging every city or province has emergency procedures pertaining to disasters. I can't give advice on tornados because that is mostly mid-country in the US... there is a specific area that is prone to them, and are more rural areas. again, precautions are taken, cities shut down, and everyone goes into protective mode to wait it out. i don't know how CAnada is affected.

i wouldn't use natural disasters as a reason not to come to canada. it's a first world country with resources available to help citizens. also, it has a lot of friends all over the world that would help them if needed. there are disasters all over the world...people pick themselves up and move on no matter what.

Sushma1976

Star Member
Apr 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Aug 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
NO
IELTS Request
thank you for the info.

what city do you think is good or best for family

thanks

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
ottawa is where i'll be. it's the capital so it's clean, friendly and reasonably priced (except for the taxes - lol). since it's a government town, the economy is quite stable, as is the housing market. they just get A LOT of snow (as most of canada does).