+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Plan to move to Canada using Express Entry!

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alzs- said:
Age is crucial in Express Entry. If you are 32 and she is 27, it is a 15 point difference. The day after you turn 33, if you have not received an invitation, you will drop another 5 points.

If you have 3+ years of work experience, 1 more will not make any difference.

My suggestion is wait until your wife completes 3 years of work experience and then apply with her as primary applicant.

In short:
- improve IELTS - no go since you are already considering top scores
- learn some French and take the TEF - doable but it takes time (that can get you up to 22 points)
- improve education (if you think you won't be able to get an invitation in 2017, considering taking anther post-graduation, like a 1-year MBA)
- improve your wife's work experience

I will tell you my story. Me and my husband decide to move to Canada around August 2016. He has a MBA and I was finishing mine. Because he is 2 years older than me, we applied under my name. We both scored top on IELTS. Still, because of our age (I am 36), I was afraid our points would not be enough (my benchmark was 2015-2016, when the lowest CRS score to get an invitation was 452). So I started taking private lessons of French, a language I was familiar with but hadn't spoke it in over 15 years. Took the TEF and secured another 14 points. Finally got my ECA in March 2017, applied and got an invitation. So from deciding to move to actually applying to Express Entry it took us 6-7 months.

That's CIC link with detailed scoring.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp#a4
nicely explained, +1

AccessWeb

Apr 13, 2017
thestunner316 said:
if you are 32, and you have a bachelors degree, you should be around 410s if you get CLB9 across all in IELTS...

CLB 9 means 8,7,7,7 in listening, reading, writing, speaking...
if you increase to CLB 10 across all (8.5, 8.0, 7.5, 7.5) then you can move upto 425

if you have trouble getting transcripts through indian universities for ECA, you can use some agents...

2 that i have used are clear transcripts and all india transcripts...

both charge a decent amount , but they do get the job done mostly :)

good luck
Can you please let me know of some agents that you might have used and fees they charged so that I can get the transcripts as well please. That will be great.

Another question, if I'm considering my highest education, do I need to consider my higher secondary assessed as well and can it fetch some points?

Cheers!
AW

AccessWeb

Apr 13, 2017
Hi All,

Thanks heaps to all who are taking time to help others & it really means a lot!!

For some reasons, I was not considering best points for IELTS & education for my wife. If I now consider full score for IELTS without my wife's education, approx CRS comes to 415 & with my wife's education ECA it may come to 423. Thank god!

So I'm now considering best prep for IELTS for both of us.

Thanks for providing different options as well. Will try it out and see which one is best for us.

Was expecting work permit would be difficult anyway. I'm being practical here so thought about learning French but not sure how good can I get to get a good score for the exam. I dont mind doing it but dont want to spend too much time in prep as well.

Will keep you guys posted.

Thanks once again!

AW

spth38

Jan 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
The draw yesterday had a min score of 415. So, you have a good chance now. Study hard and do your best in IELTS but don't stress yourself on the day of exam. Then you're on your way to CANADA ;)

Bloodrose

Jan 5, 2010
AccessWeb said:
gain more relevant work experience: Have 11 years of experience as computer programmer and have worked in many countries. Any ides on how to gain more points here?
11 years is far more than Canada ever expects.

The problem with that as well is that any additional years spent accruing experience then decrease your age points with Canadian immigration so it's a lose-lose situation. Canada seems to care very little for the actual nature of the experience these days too. It just needs to fit in with one of the top 3 NOC categories and be relatively recent.

AccessWeb

Apr 13, 2017
spth38 said:
The draw yesterday had a min score of 415. So, you have a good chance now. Study hard and do your best in IELTS but don't stress yourself on the day of exam. Then you're on your way to CANADA ;)
Absolutely mate will not leave a chance here. Love your last statement ;) God bless all!