+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLAN for SUCCESS in CANADA

ACUMEN

Jun 6, 2013
Hi Friends,

Firstly let me congratulate you all for deciding to immigrate to Canada- The country of opportunities.
I am starting a new topic to help new immigrants find the jobs they deserve. And as all of us will appreciate “The FIRST JOB” is where it all begins.

The rush and the excitement of getting that first job can rarely be matched.

That first job in Canada is not only important from the perspective of being able to earn money and being self-independent and self-reliant but also because this job will very well define our identities and what kind of life we will have.

“Getting the first job according to one’s experience and qualification” is the biggest challenge all the new skilled immigrants’ face that come to Canada. Wealth one has gets reduced by multiple times when you convert your money to Canadian dollars. It’s really scary when people just write off all the education and training one has had in a jiffy. The only advice a new immigrants are given is to start with a survival job as soon as possible. Jobs like security guard, construction laborers, gas station worker are the only options one has. Keeping idealism aside the reality of “paying the bills” catches up very fast. Sadly enough when you demean your capabilities for some time going back to your original profession becomes impossible.

We advise you to take steps to equip yourself so that this never happens to you and fulfill all “Canadian dreams” you would have. All you need are the right marketing tools and guidance to make you shine.

Cheers.

Gary

flower098

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
Great post Gary! I am planing to land in September and want to be ready to get a good job! Can you help me? I will land in Vancouver. Do you have any idea what kind of jobs are available. My experience has been in Customer Service. Can you share your contact number so that I can call you. Your point is correct that we need to be prepared so that we don't waste too much time after landing to look fr job.. Will wait for your response.

juma005

Star Member
May 28, 2013
Hi flower,
Did arranged the accommodation? What would be the approximate rent at Vancouver for 2 rooms... i too interested in Vancouver...

Thanks

flower098 said:
Great post Gary! I am planing to land in September and want to be ready to get a good job! Can you help me? I will land in Vancouver. Do you have any idea what kind of jobs are available. My experience has been in Customer Service. Can you share your contact number so that I can call you. Your point is correct that we need to be prepared so that we don't waste too much time after landing to look fr job.. Will wait for your response.

flower098

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
juma005 said:
Hi flower,
Did arranged the accommodation? What would be the approximate rent at Vancouver for 2 rooms... i too interested in Vancouver...

Thanks
No I will arrange once I am ready to land there.The average rent will be $1200 in Vancouver I think but nearby places should be bit cheap, like Surrey it should be $800-$900. How are you looking for a job there?

juma005

Star Member
May 28, 2013
job searching not yet started.... i think after landing only we will be able to get some response from any employer ... from outside of Canada no body will entertain us.. so what i am thinking is just land and will search through newspaper... or kiji.. initially i will try to get a survival job then i will try to find as per my experience and qualification.

from where u r traveling ? are u from Dubai ? which flight u r selected or planning ?

thanks

flower098 said:
No I will arrange once I am ready to land there.The average rent will be $1200 in Vancouver I think but nearby places should be bit cheap, like Surrey it should be $800-$900. How are you looking for a job there?

ACUMEN

Jun 6, 2013
Dear Friends,

Canadian economy is not getting any better.

So if you're thinking about getting into a new role, there's just no sense in simply hoping that things are going to get better, because it's clear that demand for new employees is down.

Now, in any market, when demand is down, there are smart ways to adjust, and there are bad ways to adjust, to the new realities.

When demand for new employees is down, the wrong move is to cut your job search budget.

You need to make sure that you get your name and message out there more, not less. That it's more effective, not less. That you present yourself more professionally, not less. That your name, and your resume, and your message are better crafted, not just a best guess.

Please let me know if any of you have any specific questions regarding “Your Job Search in Canada” as this is my area of expertise.

All the best,

Gary

flower098

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
juma005 said:
job searching not yet started.... i think after landing only we will be able to get some response from any employer ... from outside of Canada no body will entertain us.. so what i am thinking is just land and will search through newspaper... or kiji.. initially i will try to get a survival job then i will try to find as per my experience and qualification.

from where u r traveling ? are u from Dubai ? which flight u r selected or planning ?

thanks

Hi There,

I am from India and will be travelling from New Delhi. Haven't decided on the flight yet. I am going to travel with 16 months baby so I am looking at baby friendly flights.

I have a couple of friends in Canada who have advised me to get Canadian style Resume and Cover Letter made before I land. This will help me to get the job I deserve sooner. I am trying to figure out how to do it.

I do agree that initially survival job might be required but I want to get into my field ASAP.

All the best.

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
Hi gary,

I have got the Visa and will be landing in August beginning......I want to apply from outside canada and want to reach my resume to maximum placements and companies in Canada.......

I have updated the CV according to Canadian resume and having Canada Cell number also and address

Please advise....

ACUMEN said:
Dear Friends,

Canadian economy is not getting any better.

In the most recent jobs report only 96,000 jobs were created nationwide while over 300,000 people were forced to give up even looking for work by the bleak prospects in the economy.

So if you're thinking about getting into a new role, there's just no sense in simply hoping that things are going to get better, because it's clear that demand for new employees is down.

Now, in any market, when demand is down, there are smart ways to adjust, and there are bad ways to adjust, to the new realities.

When demand for new employees is down, the wrong move is to cut your job search budget.

You need to make sure that you get your name and message out there more, not less. That it's more effective, not less. That you present yourself more professionally, not less. That your name, and your resume, and your message are better crafted, not just a best guess.

Please let me know if any of you have any specific questions regarding “Your Job Search in Canada” as this is my area of expertise.

All the best,

Gary

ACUMEN

Jun 6, 2013
coolguy2010 said:
Hi gary,

I have got the Visa and will be landing in August beginning......I want to apply from outside canada and want to reach my resume to maximum placements and companies in Canada.......

I have updated the CV according to Canadian resume and having Canada Cell number also and address

Please advise....
Hi Coolguy,

Congratulations. You have a very good approach. Having Canadian Cell number and address will definitely help.

Send your resume and cover letter to me at garyb1@outlook.com and I can have a look and advise you accordingly.

Where are you planning to land.

All the best,

Gary

ACUMEN

Jun 6, 2013
flower098 said:
Dear Flower,

Firstly you need a "CANADIAN" style Resume and Cover Letter. This is the first step as Canadian style resume is very different than one you might be using in your home country.

Customer service is a great industry to target in Vancouver with some large Telecom and Banking companies which are always hiring. They offer excellent compensation as well.

You can send me the Resume and Cover Letter you have at garyb1@outlook.com for review.

All the best,

Gary

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
I will be landing at Toronto in August.

Gary , are you recruitment consultant and will there be any charge for this ?.....I can smell you as consultant, if I am not wrong

ACUMEN said:
Hi Coolguy,

Congratulations. You have a very good approach. Having Canadian Cell number and address will definitely help.

Send your resume and cover letter to me at garyb1 @ outlook.com and I can have a look and advise you accordingly.

Where are you planning to land.

All the best,

Gary

ACUMEN

Jun 6, 2013
coolguy2010 said:
I will be landing at Toronto in August.

Gary , are you recruitment consultant and will there be any charge for this ?.....I can smell you as consultant, if I am not wrong
There are no charges and I am not a recruitment consultant.

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
Thanks garry, I will forward you my CV in short time

ACUMEN said:

fuad1980

Star Member
May 3, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
21 June 2014
LANDED..........
18 July 2014
Hi Gary,

Many thanks for starting this thread. I will forward you my CV to have a look and any advice is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Fuad

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ACUMEN said:
Hi Aumen,
Thanks for the assistance you are offering. It is not very easy to find even a survival job. I am in Calgary and i have sent more than 100 resumes and nothing is happening. This is my second month here and they keep telling me about Canadian experience and certification. I am so confused and do not know what to do. i really need help.

I am waiting for advise maybe it can help me out.

canadaforall.