11-Jul-2011
Interview........
25-Nov-2010
Passport Req..
6-Sept-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-Oct-2011
TigerLilly said:
Di naman sa totally magulo or nakakatakot.....kaso notorious ang area na to for gangs,prosti and drugs. During the day,everything's all good and normal....usually sa gabi na lang gumugulo. Mas marami kasing native nla diyan sa area na yan. Tsaka di ka naman nila gagalawin ng basta basta. Be street smart na lang,kasi kahit saan naman me bad people eh.We used to live near this area....and we were never harassed nor harmed.
What a relief. hehe! :D Ngayon, naliwanagan na ako. Its not that bad pala. I am learning a lot from you TigerLilly. Thank you very much talaga. Pasensya ka na kung madami akong tanong. hehe!

Tungkol naman po sa trabaho, madali lang po ba makahanap ng trabaho sa Saskatoon? I am currently working as a Plant Maintenance Technician in a manufacturing company here in the Philippines (Solar Company - Wafer Fabrication). My experience din po ako as Machine Operator bago ako mapunta sa maintenance. Madami po ba manufacturing company sa Saskatoon?

datuganol

Jul 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2009
Doc's Request.
Full Docs Sent: 26-05-2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR Date July 12, 2010
File Transfer...
March 5, 2010
Med's Request
17-Aug-2012
Med's Done....
06-Sep-12.. Received by LVO 13-Sep-12
Interview........
I guess waived.
Passport Req..
26-Sept-2012
VISA ISSUED...
PP with VISA Received on 24-Oct-2012
LANDED..........
Hopefully Q1 2013.
Ganun pala yung description nila sa Very Bad Area!.. Kala ko kasi may bombahan na... hehehe... :p
Sanay na ako sa mga ganyang area.. Malala pa pala sa amin sa Mindanao kasi may kasamang gyera... :'(

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
kelmolab said:
Hello Right and Pyramid,

The thread is aptly titled "Pinoys to Saskatchewan". If you do not know what a Pinoy is, i suggest you google it..then wait for your common sense to kick in.

Kel
That's simply Rude. I give you -1 for that.

TigerLilly

Jul 1, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
datuganol said:
Ganun pala yung description nila sa Very Bad Area!.. Kala ko kasi may bombahan na... hehehe... :p
Sanay na ako sa mga ganyang area.. Malala pa pala sa amin sa Mindanao kasi may kasamang gyera... :'(

Hehehe NO. Nung sinabi nila na bad area....it means na notorious ang place na yun lol.

TigerLilly

Jul 1, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jandox said:
What a relief. hehe! :D Ngayon, naliwanagan na ako. Its not that bad pala. I am learning a lot from you TigerLilly. Thank you very much talaga. Pasensya ka na kung madami akong tanong. hehe!

Tungkol naman po sa trabaho, madali lang po ba makahanap ng trabaho sa Saskatoon? I am currently working as a Plant Maintenance Technician in a manufacturing company here in the Philippines (Solar Company - Wafer Fabrication). My experience din po ako as Machine Operator bago ako mapunta sa maintenance. Madami po ba manufacturing company sa Saskatoon?

If you get here via FSW2....syempre,automatic na me job ka na. Sa pagkaka-alam ko,di mo agad agad makukuha ang dream job mo. Marami akong nakaka-usap na 1st week pa lang nila dito either through SINP or independent immigrant....they always take the first job that would hire them. Best example na siguro yung nakilala ko dito as independent immigrants. Sabi niya sa atin daw 3 katulong niya at businesswoman siya. She sold eveything to get to Canada for her 2 kids kasi nga daw wla na asenso sa atin :p. So pagdating dito,she had to work as a deli meat slicer sa isang grocery....pero sabi niya within 4 months lang daw me sarili na silang van,fully furnished na apartment nila at me naiipon na sila. ;D ;D So sabi niya next step is to get a better paying job or better yet....a dream job. Tiyaga lang talaga. Madali ang asenso dito.

Heto pala ang #1 job search engine here ----------->>>>>> www.jobbank.gc.ca . Look up mo para ma-feel mo kung ano ano at gaano karami ang available jobs. :D :D

kelmolab

Star Member
Dec 4, 2007
EMO said:
That's simply Rude. I give you -1 for that.
Hello EMO,

I couldn't care less if you want to rate me good or bad. This is a discussion forum and in here we like to discuss. If you have any problem with any of my post, I strongly suggest that you bring it up with the moderators, but for it not to smack back into your face, i suggest you find a way first to know the posts made by other members - that were racist-that were reported to the moderator, and that were deleted. In any case, you have yourself a good day! :-*

learner1

Mar 16, 2010
Dear kelmolab and participants of this thread , don't take me wrong, every body has freedom of speech and you can speak, write whatever language you want.

This is basically an ENGLISH speaking forum, although we can find tons of post based on regional languages etc but again, we are Canadian Applicants where officially ENGLISH and FRENCH are the languages, no any third language.

I can see your feedback, 81 posts, now with no idea.. how many post you have read on this forum, tell me honestly.. you never read any post in English? you never took any benefit from English posts? obviously yes. Canada is a multicultural country, same applies to this forum, we got members from hundred of different places, now imagine if everyone starts thread in their own language, this forum is going to be useless.

If you are taking benefit from this forum in ENGLISH language, then you must give back to other members too by useful information in ENGLISH language which may benefit to all. This simply sounds ridiculous that some one has some good information on this forum but want to share/give only to their own community/language speaking people.

Just take a look at great contributors such as QORAX, LEON, PMM and so on, everybody has their own language, did you ever see any post from them other then English? Just think on this and hopefully you will get this.

kelmolab

Star Member
Dec 4, 2007
learner1 said:
Dear kelmolab and participants of this thread , don't take me wrong, every body has freedom of speech and you can speak, write whatever language you want.

This is basically an ENGLISH speaking forum, although we can find tons of post based on regional languages etc but again, we are Canadian Applicants where officially ENGLISH and FRENCH are the languages, no any third language.

I can see your feedback, 81 posts, now with no idea.. how many post you have read on this forum, tell me honestly.. you never read any post in English? you never took any benefit from English posts? obviously yes. Canada is a multicultural country, same applies to this forum, we got members from hundred of different places, now imagine if everyone starts thread in their own language, this forum is going to be useless.

If you are taking benefit from this forum in ENGLISH language, then you must give back to other members too by useful information in ENGLISH language which may benefit to all. This simply sounds ridiculous that some one has some good information on this forum but want to share/give only to their own community/language speaking people.

Just take a look at great contributors such as QORAX, LEON, PMM and so on, everybody has their own language, did you ever see any post from them other then English? Just think on this and hopefully you will get this.
Hello Learner,

I totally see where you are coming from. And I most certainly agree that we must do our best to communicate in English- it being the universal language . BUT , please hear me out:

1. I specifically titled the thread Pinoys to Saskatchewan
2. I am trying to reach out to Pinoys who are to go to saskatchewan.
3. We Pinoys may not be as fluent when it comes to English and French, but we have questions in our minds that we want to be addressed in a language that we are most comfortable in. The end justifies the means.
4. If a fellow country man posts a valid concern here and do so in our native tongue, should I shoo him and just ask him to come back and post if he is ready to do so in english? Now , wouldn't that be rude?

If you kind sir / ma'a,m wishes to partake in this thread, then all you have to do is go jump in and contribute. BUT, only do so in tagalog or english. While we will not even attempt to criticize you if you post something using a more exotic dialect, we will simply ignore it and go on our merry way. Cheers!

Kel

bugsnette

Oct 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-09-2011
Thanks Tiger Lilly for all the information you're giving... isa ito sa mga tinitignan kong place to settle as my current company has a branch there and hiring right now...

kelmolab

Star Member
Dec 4, 2007
jandox said:

Hi jandox,

Here are some companies you might wish to look into when you get to saskatoon / regina:

Degelman
Brandt
Dutch Industries
John Deere

They are industrial manufacturing plants , your best option in your line of work. GoodLuck!!

kelmolab

Star Member
Dec 4, 2007
Hello Guys,

Tigerlilly's observation about peace and order in Regina is fairly accurate. Like any garden of eden, theres a slithering snake. That snake is the 'hood'. It is basically that area around the Mosaic, along 11th and 12th avenue near the chinatown, and those streets parallel to central albert st , going west. I had the 'honor' of living in that area and aside from that morning when i woke up and discovered that somebody broke into my car, there wasnt much excitement at all. One thing i noticed is that prostitution is prevalent and you can see these people peddling their 'wares' even at mid day. Ive had a lot of native neighbors and while they create that repulsive stigma amongst them-canadians, they are people too and they can be good and downright friendly if you are, well, good and friendly to them. Do not let this discourage you from settling in Regina though.. A whole lot more of good things abound. Ito naman ay aking opinion lamang. ;D

Kel

TigerLilly

Jul 1, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bugsnette said:
Thanks Tiger Lilly for all the information you're giving... isa ito sa mga tinitignan kong place to settle as my current company has a branch there and hiring right now...

YVW Bugsnette!!! Glad to impart some info :D :D. Yes that is a great idea. Moving for work is always a good thing to do.

TigerLilly

Jul 1, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kelmolab said:
Hello Guys,

Tigerlilly's observation about peace and order in Regina is fairly accurate. Like any garden of eden, theres a slithering snake. That snake is the 'hood'. It is basically that area around the Mosaic, along 11th and 12th avenue near the chinatown, and those streets parallel to central albert st , going west. I had the 'honor' of living in that area and aside from that morning when i woke up and discovered that somebody broke into my car, there wasnt much excitement at all. One thing i noticed is that prostitution is prevalent and you can see these people peddling their 'wares' even at mid day. Ive had a lot of native neighbors and while they create that repulsive stigma amongst them-canadians, they are people too and they can be good and downright friendly if you are, well, good and friendly to them. Do not let this discourage you from settling in Regina though.. A whole lot more of good things abound. Ito naman ay aking opinion lamang. ;D

Kel

Korek Kel!!!! My brother-in-law used to live in Garnet :D.They are an old couple can only afford a place in that area,they had a big German shepherd dog though LOL!!!! And yes I also have seen the lovely side of Regina :D :D. Pero mawawala talaga ako jan hehehe. I have lived near Toronto,in Calgary,near Regina and here in Saskatoon. Pero diyan lang talaga sa Regina ako mawawala. :D :D. If I was given an address there I have to have my hubby drive kasi mawawala kami if ako ang driver. Gulo kasi ng street names and layout nyo jan lol.

Either cities have Pros and Cons.....but in general,life in Canada is GREAT! Kahit minimum laborers here....can afford what their next door neighbor can. LIke I said magsipag ka lang,malayo mararating mo dito. :D :D

jandox

May 17, 2011
Bulacan
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
11-Mar-2010
AOR Received.
11-Oct-2010
File Transfer...
16-Mar-2010
Med's Request
23-Jun-2011
Med's Done....
11-Jul-2011
Interview........
25-Nov-2010
Passport Req..
6-Sept-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-Oct-2011
TigerLilly said:
If you get here via FSW2....syempre,automatic na me job ka na. Sa pagkaka-alam ko,di mo agad agad makukuha ang dream job mo. Marami akong nakaka-usap na 1st week pa lang nila dito either through SINP or independent immigrant....they always take the first job that would hire them. Best example na siguro yung nakilala ko dito as independent immigrants. Sabi niya sa atin daw 3 katulong niya at businesswoman siya. She sold eveything to get to Canada for her 2 kids kasi nga daw wla na asenso sa atin :p. So pagdating dito,she had to work as a deli meat slicer sa isang grocery....pero sabi niya within 4 months lang daw me sarili na silang van,fully furnished na apartment nila at me naiipon na sila. ;D ;D So sabi niya next step is to get a better paying job or better yet....a dream job. Tiyaga lang talaga. Madali ang asenso dito.

Heto pala ang #1 job search engine here ----------->>>>>> www.jobbank.gc.ca . Look up mo para ma-feel mo kung ano ano at gaano karami ang available jobs. :D :D
Under FSW1 yung application ko. Wala naman ako job offer from Canadian employer. Pero I tried to submit my resume before sa saskjobs.ca ba yun? Nakalimutan ko na yung website. May ibang nag reply asking kung kailan ako makakadating ng Saskatchewan. Waiting pa lang ako ng MR ko that time kaya sabi ko after 6months pa siguro. hehe! Ayun, syempre not interested pa sila kase naandito pa ako sa Pilipinas.

Kapag natanggap ko na yung Visa, magpapasa na ulit ako ng available jobs sa saskjobs.ca at sa jobbank.gc.ca. hehe! Para kapag sakaling sinuwerte ako, may mag bigay ng job offer sa akin before I land to Saskatchewan. hehe!

Ang ganda naman ng story nung nakilala mo. Malaking sacrifice ang ginawa nya. Pero tama naman na mas magiging maganda ang kinabukasan ng mga anak nya sa Canada. hehe! I hope ma-meet namin kayo once we arrived in Saskatchewan. hehe!

Go Canada dream!

God bless!

jandox

May 17, 2011
Bulacan
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
11-Mar-2010
AOR Received.
11-Oct-2010
File Transfer...
16-Mar-2010
Med's Request
23-Jun-2011
Med's Done....
11-Jul-2011
Interview........
25-Nov-2010
Passport Req..
6-Sept-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-Oct-2011
kelmolab said:
Hi jandox,

Here are some companies you might wish to look into when you get to saskatoon / regina:

Degelman
Brandt
Dutch Industries
John Deere

They are industrial manufacturing plants , your best option in your line of work. GoodLuck!!
Maraming-maraming salamat kelmolab sa info na binigay mo. Sana hiring sila pagdating namin ng Saskatchewan. hehe!