Passport Req..
26-Sept-2012
VISA ISSUED...
PP with VISA Received on 24-Oct-2012
LANDED..........
Hopefully Q1 2013.
kelmolab said:
Hi datuganol,
Yes, marami ang jobs related to auditing and accounting sa Regina, alam mo, it is a growing city. May friend ako na accountant na nag w work sa city hall right now pero she started as a cashier sa Canadian Tire- parang ace hardware sa atin. You cant go wrong sa Regina, it is a very nice little city. mabuti ang mga tao and most importantly, mababa ang cost of living compared to bigger cities. But be prepared sa winter kasi sask is one of the provinces na sobra ang dami ng snow. Pero you will get by, layers of clothing lang ang katapat nyan.

Kel
Thanks Kel,

I am really considering Sask. Ayus naman kung ganun. Madali lang makakahanap ng job related sa prof ko.. Cguro mas maganda jan mag start lalo na sa mga katulad kung walang kamag anak or kakilala jan. Tsaka mag-isa lang akong magtatravel if ma approve (Single applicant). Di kaagad mauubos ang baon kung funds.. ;D

TigerLilly

Jul 1, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jandox said:
Hello!

Thank you very much for your reply.

Kahit anong tulong po. Tulad ng matutuluyan pansamantala once we arrived in Saskatoon. Kase po wala po talaga kami relatives dyan sa Saskatoon.

Saka po sa paghahanap ng trabaho kapag nandyan na po kami. Kahit anong work po basta maka-survive. Saka willing naman po kami mag simula sa mababa.

Maraming salamat po...

God bless!
Jandox.....try contacting FILCAS (fil-canadian association of Saskatoon) via their website. One of their members,Dr. Carlos Maningas,is the honorary Consul.

http://filcas.ca/ <<<<<-------website nila. Baka mas equipped sila to assist you with your needs.

jandox

May 17, 2011
Bulacan
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
11-Mar-2010
AOR Received.
11-Oct-2010
File Transfer...
16-Mar-2010
Med's Request
23-Jun-2011
Med's Done....
11-Jul-2011
Interview........
25-Nov-2010
Passport Req..
6-Sept-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-Oct-2011
kelmolab said:
Hi datuganol,
Yes, marami ang jobs related to auditing and accounting sa Regina, alam mo, it is a growing city. May friend ako na accountant na nag w work sa city hall right now pero she started as a cashier sa Canadian Tire- parang ace hardware sa atin. You cant go wrong sa Regina, it is a very nice little city. mabuti ang mga tao and most importantly, mababa ang cost of living compared to bigger cities. But be prepared sa winter kasi sask is one of the provinces na sobra ang dami ng snow. Pero you will get by, layers of clothing lang ang katapat nyan.

Kel
Hello kelmolab!

Good day! Alin sa dalawa ang mas mababa ang cost of living? Saskatoon o Regina?

Thank you and God bless!

jandox

May 17, 2011
Bulacan
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
11-Mar-2010
AOR Received.
11-Oct-2010
File Transfer...
16-Mar-2010
Med's Request
23-Jun-2011
Med's Done....
11-Jul-2011
Interview........
25-Nov-2010
Passport Req..
6-Sept-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-Oct-2011
datuganol said:
Thanks Kel,

I am really considering Sask. Ayus naman kung ganun. Madali lang makakahanap ng job related sa prof ko.. Cguro mas maganda jan mag start lalo na sa mga katulad kung walang kamag anak or kakilala jan. Tsaka mag-isa lang akong magtatravel if ma approve (Single applicant). Di kaagad mauubos ang baon kung funds.. ;D
Hello datuganol!

Pareho pala tayong walang kamag-anak o kakilala sa Saskatchewan. hehe! Pero kasama ko naman ang asawa ko pag migrate sa Saskatchewan.

Take care and God bless!

cybervjs

Star Member
Sep 11, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello all,
well sorry guyz i'm not pinoys but want to know little bit about sak province specially regina, i'm planning to land there very soon, would you all please share your experience in english for me so i could get like what are the survival jobs available there? and where to look for jobs in initially ...

jandox

May 17, 2011
Bulacan
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
11-Mar-2010
AOR Received.
11-Oct-2010
File Transfer...
16-Mar-2010
Med's Request
23-Jun-2011
Med's Done....
11-Jul-2011
Interview........
25-Nov-2010
Passport Req..
6-Sept-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-Oct-2011
TigerLilly said:
Jandox.....try contacting FILCAS (fil-canadian association of Saskatoon) via their website. One of their members,Dr. Carlos Maningas,is the honorary Consul.

http://filcas.ca/ <<<<<-------website nila. Baka mas equipped sila to assist you with your needs.
Thank you very much TigerLilly sa info. I will contact them once I received my PPR. For medical pa lang kase kami ng asawa ko. Magpa-medical pa lang kami sa Monday. Wish us luck. hehe!

Thank you and God bless!

kelmolab

Star Member
Dec 4, 2007
Hi Jandox,

I really would assume that both cities are at par when it comes to 'cost of living'. A modest 2 bedroom apartment in regina is normally within the range of 900 to about 1300, heater and water is usually included. Bus fare is 2.50 - any destination within the city . Saskatoon is a bigger city, located north of Regina. If you are into shopping, then saskatoon provides bigger and better (my own opinion) shopping malls. It is also slightly more populated. 2.5 hours to the south will be beautiful regina. It is the province's capital with about 100 K population. The city is so small that if you are to drive from one end to another (east to west & north to south), it wouldn't take you more than 20 minutes to do so. BUT, it has the small town warmth mood. People are generally nice, lots of parks, pretty decent restaurants and bars, stacked libraries and museums, etc.. Either way, you cant go wrong. ;D

Kel

kelmolab

Star Member
Dec 4, 2007
cybervjs said:
hello all,
well sorry guyz i'm not pinoys but want to know little bit about sak province specially regina, i'm planning to land there very soon, would you all please share your experience in english for me so i could get like what are the survival jobs available there? and where to look for jobs in initially ...
Hi cybervjs,

we will do our best to post threads in english but please do bear with us if from time to time, a tagalog (Philippine dialect) word slips..
Just keep on checking in, others might have some things to share as well..where are you from by the way, if you do not mind my asking, and in what field of work are you in? Thanks

Kel

Kel

TigerLilly

Jul 1, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kelmolab said:
Hi Jandox,

I really would assume that both cities are at par when it comes to 'cost of living'. A modest 2 bedroom apartment in regina is normally within the range of 900 to about 1300, heater and water is usually included. Bus fare is 2.50 - any destination within the city . Saskatoon is a bigger city, located north of Regina. If you are into shopping, then saskatoon provides bigger and better (my own opinion) shopping malls. It is also slightly more populated. 2.5 hours to the south will be beautiful regina. It is the province's capital with about 100 K population. The city is so small that if you are to drive from one end to another (east to west & north to south), it wouldn't take you more than 20 minutes to do so. BUT, it has the small town warmth mood. People are generally nice, lots of parks, pretty decent restaurants and bars, stacked libraries and museums, etc.. Either way, you cant go wrong. ;D

Kel
yes what Kelmobab said....just don't look for any place to live around Mosaic stadium :D :D...places to rent there are cheap but for a reason....it's known as "the Hood",not a good area at all. :( :(

jandox

May 17, 2011
Bulacan
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
11-Mar-2010
AOR Received.
11-Oct-2010
File Transfer...
16-Mar-2010
Med's Request
23-Jun-2011
Med's Done....
11-Jul-2011
Interview........
25-Nov-2010
Passport Req..
6-Sept-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-Oct-2011
kelmolab said:
Hi Jandox,

Kel
Hi kelmolad!

How about the job market? Madali lang ba makahanap ng trabaho sa Regina? I've read a lot about Saskatoon and Regina. Pero mas maganda pa din magtanong sa mga tulad nyo na Filipino na taga dyan. hehe! Alam ko na hindi naman nila i-recognize kung ano man ang natapos ko na kurso dito. Ok lang naman sa amin to start from scratch and to work our way up. Tiyaga lang ika nga. Kailangan makipagsapalaran. hehe!

Thank you and God bless!

jandox

May 17, 2011
Bulacan
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
11-Mar-2010
AOR Received.
11-Oct-2010
File Transfer...
16-Mar-2010
Med's Request
23-Jun-2011
Med's Done....
11-Jul-2011
Interview........
25-Nov-2010
Passport Req..
6-Sept-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-Oct-2011
TigerLilly said:
yes what Kelmobab said....just don't look for any place to live around Mosaic stadium :D :D...places to rent there are cheap but for a reason....it's known as "the Hood",not a good area at all. :( :(
Hi TigerLilly!

What do you mean? Sa Saskatoon po ba yun? Yun po kaya yung nabasa ko sa internet na hindi maganda mag stay kase magulo daw (West Saskatoon). Correct me if I am wrong. Hindi ko kase sigurado kung east o west Saskatoon ang magulo "daw".

Thank you po ulit. God bless you and your family.

TigerLilly

Jul 1, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jandox said:
Hi TigerLilly!

What do you mean? Sa Saskatoon po ba yun? Yun po kaya yung nabasa ko sa internet na hindi maganda mag stay kase magulo daw (West Saskatoon). Correct me if I am wrong. Hindi ko kase sigurado kung east o west Saskatoon ang magulo "daw".

Thank you po ulit. God bless you and your family.

Sa Regina yang place na magulo ang place close to the Mosaic Stadium. Dito naman sa Saskatoon, Tama sila the west side from Avenue H to W and 22nd Street (they call it MeadowGreen), is a very bad place, Any part after these areas are better.

jandox

May 17, 2011
Bulacan
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
11-Mar-2010
AOR Received.
11-Oct-2010
File Transfer...
16-Mar-2010
Med's Request
23-Jun-2011
Med's Done....
11-Jul-2011
Interview........
25-Nov-2010
Passport Req..
6-Sept-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-Oct-2011
TigerLilly said:
Sa Regina yang place na magulo ang place close to the Mosaic Stadium. Dito naman sa Saskatoon, Tama sila the west side from Avenue H to W and 22nd Street (they call it MeadowGreen), is a very bad place, Any part after these areas are better.
Ganun po ba? :eek:

Paano pong magulo sa West Saskatoon? Can you elaborate, please. hehe! :D

Mas magulo pa po ba sa mga city dito sa Pilipinas na magulo?

TigerLilly

Jul 1, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jandox said:
Ganun po ba? :eek:

Paano pong magulo sa West Saskatoon? Can you elaborate, please. hehe! :D

Mas magulo pa po ba sa mga city dito sa Pilipinas na magulo?
Di naman sa totally magulo or nakakatakot.....kaso notorious ang area na to for gangs,prosti and drugs. During the day,everything's all good and normal....usually sa gabi na lang gumugulo. Mas marami kasing native nla diyan sa area na yan. Tsaka di ka naman nila gagalawin ng basta basta. Be street smart na lang,kasi kahit saan naman me bad people eh.We used to live near this area....and we were never harassed nor harmed.