+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pilot Project for Foreign Spouses

miksterz

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
I am wondering if anyone (senior members, perhaps) could shed some light on this.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/project.asp

The concept is pretty simple. If you are a Canadian citizen or PR returning to Canada to work in Ontario (in certain professions), your wife can obtain an open work permit while her PR application is being processed. However, aside from basic eligibility I cannot find any information whatsoever. It isn't even clear how one would go about applying.

Specifically, I am wondering what the processing time is. For example, a regular work permit application takes 10 months to process in Pakistan. If that same time line applies to work permits under this program, it almost entirely defeats the purpose.

Would appreciate any information anyone may have.

patiently_waiting

Nov 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 22, 2010
AOR Received.
November 26, 2010
File Transfer...
November 1, 2010
Med's Done....
July 13, 2010
Passport Req..
February 14, 2011
This was on the news the other night. It is part of the skilled workers program for Canadian Residents/PR's returning to Canada. This project will allow the partner of a skilled worker to work and provide for their family alongside them. I believe it isn't for all skilled worker applications, only the ones listed within the pilot for returning Canadians and has a number of stipulations and caps on number of permits issued / occupation.