+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pilot program

salt.life1920

Star Member
Jan 20, 2020
Hi i got a letter saying that my refugee claim was selected to be processed under the pilot program. Any idea whats that ? Is it positive or negative

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Hi i got a letter saying that my refugee claim was selected to be processed under the pilot program. Any idea whats that ? Is it positive or negative
the pilot program will help IRB to process your case faster but in terms of positive or negative it depends on your case

salt.life1920

Star Member
Jan 20, 2020
the pilot program will help IRB to process your case faster but in terms of positive or negative it depends on your case
Thanks for the reply. i noticed that not all cases are chosen to be under the pilot. Any idea whats the selection criteria?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Got ya, any idea why those cases specifically were selected for the program?
Cases from regions with high levels of approval are selected for expedited processing. Means that your case will be heard within the year versus up to 2.5 years. Some assume expedited will be very quick but it’s just faster than others. It is a positive thing to be selected. Your case has a better chance of approval.

salt.life1920

Star Member
Jan 20, 2020
Cases from regions with high levels of approval are selected for expedited processing. Means that your case will be heard within the year versus up to 2.5 years. Some assume expedited will be very quick but it’s just faster than others. It is a positive thing to be selected. Your case has a better chance of approval.
Thanks for the info, but my file was selected between other files of applicants with me from the same region but different cases/stories, which got me confused

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the info, but my file was selected between other files of applicants with me from the same region but different cases/stories, which got me confused
Cases from many regions of specific types of cases from some regions are selected. The majority of cases are selected primarily because of region. Not sure if KSA is on the list of expedited countries or not. the other people may not have been contacted yet. All you need to know is that your processing time will be faster than general processing and in general your chances of approval are better. People assume that expedited processing means they will hear very soon. Processing can still take a year but that is better than 2-3 years.

salt.life1920

Star Member
Jan 20, 2020
Cases from many regions of specific types of cases from some regions are selected. The majority of cases are selected primarily because of region. Not sure if KSA is on the list of expedited countries or not. the other people may not have been contacted yet. All you need to know is that your processing time will be faster than general processing and in general your chances of approval are better. People assume that expedited processing means they will hear very soon. Processing can still take a year but that is better than 2-3 years.
Hey u were right about the hearing time its soon i hope ur right about the better chances of approval thing..