+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pilot Program in artificial intelligence and IT

theodoreyang

Mar 5, 2018
In the pilot program website they mention that
the maximum number of applications receivable for the period from November 3, 2021 to October 31, 2022 for candidates in the Francization Profile of the Information Technologies and Visual Effects stream has been reached.

I hope/guess they will start processing all files soon, otherwise they'll start a new period in a few days and will increase the queue even more.
But francophone profile is not processed neither lol

theodoreyang

Mar 5, 2018
Yes, but as per my understanding, there's a limit of 550 applications and a receivable period per year for the whole program. Which includes francophone and anglophone all togheter.
The AI stream and IT stream each has 275 people (francophone + francization). But I don't think the AI stream has reached this number, because it needs a TechnoCompetence evaluation, which is only around 100 cases according to my evaluation report (it has an ID number on it).

This program allows for the selection of 550 people per year and their family members, that is, 275 Québec graduates and temporary workers in the artificial intelligence sector and 275 foreign workers in the information technologies and visual effects sector.
Permanent immigration pilot program for workers in the artificial intelligence, information technologies and visual effects sectors | Gouvernement du Québec (quebec.ca)

Reactions: bbbbb

SuperAchy

Dec 22, 2021
The AI stream and IT stream each has 275 people (francophone + francization). But I don't think the AI stream has reached this number, because it needs a TechnoCompetence evaluation, which is only around 100 cases according to my evaluation report (it has an ID number on it).

This program allows for the selection of 550 people per year and their family members, that is, 275 Québec graduates and temporary workers in the artificial intelligence sector and 275 foreign workers in the information technologies and visual effects sector.
Permanent immigration pilot program for workers in the artificial intelligence, information technologies and visual effects sectors | Gouvernement du Québec (quebec.ca)
True however as I can see from the previous email threads there are people in the AI stream who have been waiting for more than 6 months for their applications.

BTW how long did the techno competences evaluation take? Was it just a positive / negative report or was their a qualitative assessment. Thanks.

Reactions: bbbbb

bbbbb

Star Member
Oct 12, 2022
True however as I can see from the previous email threads there are people in the AI stream who have been waiting for more than 6 months for their applications.

BTW how long did the techno competences evaluation take? Was it just a positive / negative report or was their a qualitative assessment. Thanks.
For me, it took approximately 1 month to get the techno competences evaluation. Is a letter in PDF format that says "AVIS POSITIF" (and I assume it would say "AVIS NEGATIF" as the counter example, I can only talk about the positive one) and mentions your employer as well.

bbbbb

Star Member
Oct 12, 2022
Does anybody here in the thread knows where the 6 months SLA came from for the AI/IT QC pilot? As far as I know, I haven't read it anywhere and it seems to me to be a confusion between other well stablished programs (I mean that is not a pilot) such as the PEQ . I am getting the feeling that as we're in a pilot program, there is no SLA, IMHO. I could be wrong tho, happy to read your comments

theodoreyang

Mar 5, 2018

It took me about 3-4 weeks and sent a one page PDF file to the person who submitted this evaluation. The report said "AVIS POSITIF" and was valid for 3 months.

theodoreyang

Mar 5, 2018
Does anybody here in the thread knows where the 6 months SLA came from for the AI/IT QC pilot? As far as I know, I haven't read it anywhere and it seems to me to be a confusion between other well stablished programs (I mean that is not a pilot) such as the PEQ . I am getting the feeling that as we're in a pilot program, there is no SLA, IMHO. I could be wrong tho, happy to read your comments
For me, I applied through the Quebec graduate stream, so it is still meaningful to me. I do not need to waiting for one year working experience.
But for the Foreign worker stream, I do not think this pilot program is very "attractive", because its selection condition seems even higher than a regular program

bbbbb

Star Member
Oct 12, 2022
It took me about 3-4 weeks and sent a one page PDF file to the person who submitted this evaluation. The report said "AVIS POSITIF" and was valid for 3 months.
I didn’t remember the “is valid for 3 months”, I assume it means that as long as you apply to the program within the following 3 months of receiving the letter you’re ok.

bbbbb

Star Member
Oct 12, 2022
For me, I applied through the Quebec graduate stream, so it is still meaningful to me. I do not need to waiting for one year working experience.
But for the Foreign worker stream, I do not think this pilot program is very "attractive", because its selection condition seems even higher than a regular program
Yeah you’re right on the money, the bar is high for the AI stream. I decided to apply for what I knew at the time and read about people getting their CSQ within a month or two in 2021, it also opens the door for anglophones with little to no French.

SuperAchy

Dec 22, 2021
Yeah you’re right on the money, the bar is high for the AI stream. I decided to apply for what I knew at the time and read about people getting their CSQ within a month or two in 2021, it also opens the door for anglophones with little to no French.
And with that high bar you’d expect them to really be fast with the processing..

mabrol

Dec 27, 2018
Hello Everyone,
My question is for the people who have already applied for the Quebec Pilot Program (for IT).

I am planning to apply for QPP (for IT). I have noticed that the form does not contain details of spouse. Although there is a section where details of Legal or de facto Spouse (section 4) has to be filled. My question is that do we need to fill in the spouse details in section 4 which is meant for legal or de facto spouse ?

//Mohit