+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pilot Program in artificial intelligence and IT

theodoreyang

Mar 5, 2018
Still waiting, submitted in April.
I have one question on the signature. Is it acceptable to use the electronic signature (handwriting style)? My friends (Regular PEQ stream) told me that MIDI asked them to print the signature page, sign by hand and upload again. I am not sure if it is necessary, because the electronic signature was acceptable on my CAQ extention.

vitor-vma

Jul 11, 2022
Still waiting, submitted in April.
I have one question on the signature. Is it acceptable to use the electronic signature (handwriting style)? My friends (Regular PEQ stream) told me that MIDI asked them to print the signature page, sign by hand and upload again. I am not sure if it is necessary, because the electronic signature was acceptable on my CAQ extention.
Honestly, I think it depends on the agent that review your your documents. I've read that electronic signatures are not acceptable, however, they accept it in some cases.
I've signed my docs electronicaly at the first time, but I've uploaded them again with as a handwriting style later.

vitor-vma

Jul 11, 2022
I called MIFI today, they said once it's a pilot program, they can't precisely estimate any processing time.
This is frustrating.

Maybe if all of us call them frequently, they prioritize this analysis somehow.

bbbbb

Star Member
Oct 12, 2022
I am on the same boat, applied late March 2022, submitted Quebec values early April. Status still in "En attente de traitement" for 6mo+ . I wonder when we will start receiving updates.

mrsalehi

Jun 23, 2021
I applied for
Information Technology (IT) and Visual Effects (VE) Pilot Program
Information Technology Stream (Francization profiles)
I was working in Canada since 2018 with NOC 2171 with closed work-permit
I'm Single and I applied inside Canada

2 months before submitting my file in Arrima I received a job offer for 60 dollars per hour.
As I was eligible for that program I didn't apply to renew my work permit.
As you can see they tried several times to reject my file and It took 1 year to process my application in Arrima.
I called them more than 30 times during the processing to follow up on my file.

after all, they invited me for an interview to validate my documents.

I just applied 3 days after the opening of this program but as you can see they just getting 150 people per year so for the first year the capacity became full just on the first day of opening!!

Don't waste your time if you can apply to another program 150 people per year are nothing and I believe it is already full for long times

Thank God the processing in the federal stage has just done less than 6 months !!!!

Arrima Timeline:

Submission:
2021-05-03
Invitation for Quebec Value test :
2021-05-31
Intention to refuse your application for permanent selection :
2021-06-14
Submit supporting documents:
2021-06-14
Intention to reject your application for permanent selection:
2021-06-17
2021-06-17
Verification Notice:(I think it means their capacity is full for this year)
2021-06-18
Intention to refuse your application for permanent selection:(after 7 months)
2022-01-14
2022-01-14
2022-02-02
2022-02-09
Invitation to an interview:
2022-03-16
Interview done :
2022-04-09
Acceptance of your application for permanent selection:
2022-04-11

-------------------------------

CIC Timeline( Federal ) :

CIC Application Submitted: April 22, 2022
Acknowledgment of Receipt: September 8, 2022
Invitation to Pre-arrival services: September 9, 2022
Medical Request: September 13, 2022
Medical Passed: September 15, 2022
Medical Received: 23 September 2022
Invitation fo PR Portal: 13 October 2022

Reactions: bbbbb

bbbbb

Star Member
Oct 12, 2022
I applied for
Information Technology (IT) and Visual Effects (VE) Pilot Program
Information Technology Stream (Francization profiles)
I was working in Canada since 2018 with NOC 2171 with closed work-permit
I'm Single and I applied inside Canada

2 months before submitting my file in Arrima I received a job offer for 60 dollars per hour.
As I was eligible for that program I didn't apply to renew my work permit.
As you can see they tried several times to reject my file and It took 1 year to process my application in Arrima.
I called them more than 30 times during the processing to follow up on my file.

after all, they invited me for an interview to validate my documents.

I just applied 3 days after the opening of this program but as you can see they just getting 150 people per year so for the first year the capacity became full just on the first day of opening!!

Don't waste your time if you can apply to another program 150 people per year are nothing and I believe it is already full for long times

Thank God the processing in the federal stage has just done less than 6 months !!!!

Arrima Timeline:

Submission:
2021-05-03
Invitation for Quebec Value test :
2021-05-31
Intention to refuse your application for permanent selection :
2021-06-14
2021-06-14
2021-06-17
2021-06-17
Verification Notice:(I think it means their capacity is full for this year)
2021-06-18
Intention to refuse your application for permanent selection:(after 7 months)
2022-01-14
2022-01-14
2022-02-02
2022-02-09
Invitation to an interview:
2022-03-16
Interview done :
2022-04-09
Acceptance of your application for permanent selection:
2022-04-11

-------------------------------

CIC Timeline( Federal ) :

CIC Application Submitted: April 22, 2022
Acknowledgment of Receipt: September 8, 2022
Invitation to Pre-arrival services: September 9, 2022
Medical Request: September 13, 2022
Medical Passed: September 15, 2022
Medical Received: 23 September 2022
Invitation fo PR Portal: 13 October 2022
Thanks for the heads up. Also congrats for your PR!

mabrol

Dec 27, 2018
Hi,
I am planning to apply under the IT Pilot Program.
I have one issue that my employer is ready to provide the employment details but that does not have job roles and responsibilities. Employer told that we can not provide this as per the policy. However, i have approval mail from my manager for my roles and responsibilities.

Does anyone have similar issues who already applied under this stream?

//Mohit

bbbbb

Star Member
Oct 12, 2022
Hi,
I am planning to apply under the IT Pilot Program.
I have one issue that my employer is ready to provide the employment details but that does not have job roles and responsibilities. Employer told that we can not provide this as per the policy. However, i have approval mail from my manager for my roles and responsibilities.

Does anyone have similar issues who already applied under this stream?

//Mohit
Hi, I was on the same boat, the company that I work for has an HR engine that generates the letters automatically so there is no way to create a custom employment confirmation letter just for me. I'd suggest you to print all those emails from your manager and to also download a PDF copy of the job posting (which do include roles and responsibilities) and attach them to your application. You can upload many documents supporting your case. At the end of the day the agent will ask for other documents if he/she sees fit. Hope it helps.

mabrol

Dec 27, 2018
Hi, I was on the same boat, the company that I work for has an HR engine that generates the letters automatically so there is no way to create a custom employment confirmation letter just for me. I'd suggest you to print all those emails from your manager and to also download a PDF copy of the job posting (which do include roles and responsibilities) and attach them to your application. You can upload many documents supporting your case. At the end of the day the agent will ask for other documents if he/she sees fit. Hope it helps.
Thanks for sharing your experience.
Did you applied already or are you planning to apply?

If you already applied, did you faced any challenge/issue because of this issue?

bbbbb

Star Member
Oct 12, 2022
Thanks for sharing your experience.
Did you applied already or are you planning to apply?

If you already applied, did you faced any challenge/issue because of this issue?
No problem, happy to help! For your question regarding my case, I did apply late March 2022 for the AI program (not the IT/visual effects). My application is still waiting for review. I am really hoping to hear back from MIFI soon, but no one really knows what's their schedule unfortunately.

mabrol

Dec 27, 2018
No problem, happy to help! For your question regarding my case, I did apply late March 2022 for the AI program (not the IT/visual effects). My application is still waiting for review. I am really hoping to hear back from MIFI soon, but no one really knows what's their schedule unfortunately.
I hope you will get positive response soon.

I am planning to apply when they will open again in Nov 2022.

Reactions: bbbbb