1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
24th Jan 2012. (Canada Place)
canadianwoman said:
True. In my case, even though our photos were taken over a period of several years, the visa officer said all the photos looked the same. I don't have many clothes, so it is true that photos from 2007 and yesterday might well show me wearing the same outfit! I guess one more piece of 'photo' advice is to make sure you and your partner look sufficiently different in each if possible.
I hear ya about the clothes thing, I hold onto stuff thinking i might wear it again next time its in fashion lol, our pictues show us as well going from having put weight on to losing it to different hairstyles, long to short back to medium then long , wearing different glasses, things that happen over time.
But we have things like bills going back 10 years in our name and mortgage together rental agreements together, bank accounts and stuff like that, so not to worried, like they say you have to think of how the IO will see it as they dont you, and if you feel the need to explain more, then go ahead, it cant harm anything. :)

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
I didn't know it would be better to put time & details for pictures when I prepared my paper. Therefore, I separated those pics into different groups. Such as 2009 X'mas with bf's family or family BBQ activity...etc, I wrote very little explanation like what we were doing or why there. I only mentioned who we were with ( like X'mas with BF's parents and sister's family ) but I forgot to list everyone's name there. I hope it will not be a big problem for my application..... ???

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
It should be fine. The visa officer can always ask questions at the interview if he/she is suspicious or unclear about something.

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MandyUK said:
We submited 150 photos, but only because we went back over 13 years of being together, we didnt really write any comments, we sent in 8 wedding photo like they asked, the rest were of us with family/friends and on our own, they can see from the photos that we have aged, plus my hubby sent the package in from Canada and he decided that if they couldnt tell from the photos ours was a genuine relationship and the length we have been married(12 years) then there is no hope lol. :p
LOL :D

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MandyUK said:
I guess thats more ture if you havnt been together long and the photos dont really show changes such as growing older and things like that. If we had not been married long then yeah i probably would have done that, but they can clearly see from our photos how much we have changed and aged. Plus they can see how much our daughters have grown and had families of thier own and how my parents have aged ect Sounds bad lol but true. :p
Plus all this immigration stuff makes me age even faster than I should. LOL :p

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
canadianwoman said:
True. In my case, even though our photos were taken over a period of several years, the visa officer said all the photos looked the same. I don't have many clothes, so it is true that photos from 2007 and yesterday might well show me wearing the same outfit! I guess one more piece of 'photo' advice is to make sure you and your partner look sufficiently different in each if possible.
While many of my outfits were the same, the hairstyles I had clearly showed the passage of time. I had to label the photos just to be sure the VO would recognize me over time!! My SO, on the other hand, shaves his head and looks like he hasn't aged at all. Without my hairstyle changes, the VO could probably argue, based on my partner's looks, that they were all taken on the same day!!!

Ryffa_Q

Star Member
Jul 25, 2010
Sarawak, Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th August 2011
AOR Received.
Sponsor approved 1st Nov 2011 AOR 21st November 2011
Med's Done....
03-06-2011 - medical received
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Submitted when applied for TRV 17th November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
24th November 2011
LANDED..........
14th December 2011
Urghhhhh reading this makes me so angry at my husband all over again...i've put the whole chronological details with the photos in Word format and sent him the pics softcopy for him to print out. He thought the Words for his keepsake and only sent the photos he printed from softcopy in separate envelopes according to occassions and dates. No details of where, what and who as he argued that the envelopes of pics were all in folders with the separate occasions i.e wedding, honeymoon, xmas, eid, dates, vacations etc..and the vo shud be sensible enough to understand....i think he shud start reading this forum and realise how 'evil' vo can be :p :p but we did look diff in most of the pics...guess he can no longer complaint of my love for changing hairstyle every 3 months now

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
It was declined. One of the issues was that the visa officer thought all our photos looked the same. We didn't take them all the same day, I swear! The VO also complained because the photos weren't romantic.

katie3234

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
Interview........
No interview
The photos weren't romantic!? What's considered to be a "romantic" photo? My husband and I submitted photos of me with his family (he hasn't met my family), is at the bar, out for dinner, sightseeing in his country.... No word back yet, hope those are good enough.

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
canadianwoman said:
It should be fine. The visa officer can always ask questions at the interview if he/she is suspicious or unclear about something.
Thanks for the nice words....

I have the same problems as others since my bf and I have wore the same clothes quite often in some pictures. well, I don't have too many clothes bcos I'm just a student here with no income and my bf prefers to wear some clothes which he "loves" them a lot if it makes sense.

Anyway, I'll take your advice, just keep being patient if the VO has questions then they're more than welcome to ask :p

God bless us...and thanks again