+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Picture id

determinator

Jun 6, 2013
Hi
How are you all .
What should be minors pic id
Passport of my children are expired can i use expired passport as picture id.
Thanks

alienzz-00

Star Member
May 8, 2019
You can use a health card if it has a picture or school id. Not sure about the expired passport, I went through the instructions and it says noting about if it has to be current.

2. Two (2) pieces of personal identification
Both pieces of identification should show the name and date of birth of the minor. One must have the minor’s photoon it.

Examples include:

• Identity card issued by a provincial/territorial/federal government
  • Social services card
  • a Canadian driver’s licence
  • a Canadian health insurance card
  • School ID card
  • a copy of the biographical page of a passport/travel document, etc.
If there is information on both sides of the personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both sides.

Note: Social Insurance Number (SIN) cards, bank cards and credit cards are not acceptable pieces of identification.

Format: Clear and legible photocopy.

Note: The minor’s permanent resident card cannot be used as identification.

determinator

Jun 6, 2013
You can use a health card if it has a picture or school id. Not sure about the expired passport, I went through the instructions and it says noting about if it has to be current.

2. Two (2) pieces of personal identification
Both pieces of identification should show the name and date of birth of the minor. One must have the minor’s photoon it.

Examples include:

• Identity card issued by a provincial/territorial/federal government
  • Social services card
  • a Canadian driver’s licence
  • a Canadian health insurance card
  • School ID card
  • a copy of the biographical page of a passport/travel document, etc.
If there is information on both sides of the personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both sides.

Note: Social Insurance Number (SIN) cards, bank cards and credit cards are not acceptable pieces of identification.

Format: Clear and legible photocopy.

Note: The minor’s permanent resident card cannot be used as identification.
Thanks for replying
For minor we only have passport with pic and birth date......for second id without pic we can use health card we have it..........but for one pic id we only have passport which is expired ....will it work

alienzz-00

Star Member
May 8, 2019
It didn't specifically mention that the passport has to be current (ie not expired) so maybe you can use it as a photo ID. Unfortunately I am not sure, to be on the safe side I would call the call centre and enquire, you can reach them quickly if you call first thing in the morning.

AyeshaAktar

Oct 16, 2017
Hi
How are you all .
What should be minors pic id
Passport of my children are expired can i use expired passport as picture id.
Thanks
For my son, we used a letter from school which has his name, date of birth and picture in it. You can explain it to the school, they can provide you one. They are familiar with it.