+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pick up of documents

M

Melan

Good day to all! I read from the cic.canada that it needs to call a call center they provided for the pick up of documents. Could any one tell me how many days before they will pick up the documents once you called the call center.
Any informations and opinions are highly appreciated! Thank you.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Melan said:
Good day to all! I read from the cic.canada that it needs to call a call center they provided for the pick up of documents. Could any one tell me how many days before they will pick up the documents once you called the call center.
Any informations and opinions are highly appreciated! Thank you.
Depends on what region you're submitting your requirements/application.

Lhay

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
I can't remember exactly, but when I call the call center they gave the date they will pick up the docs, if i'm not mistaken 3 working days after my call. Make sure all docs are original and keep a copy of all docs that you will submit. Have a transmittal or list of the docs.

M

Melan

Thank you Miss Lhay, can you tell what documents are needed if you don't mine? By the way, I'm applying for temporary work permit. Are they requiring police clearance from previous country you work? I'm currently working here in saudi arabia. How about the ielts? is it one of the requirment? Thank you again and have a nice day!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Melan said:
Thank you Miss Lhay, can you tell what documents are needed if you don't mine? By the way, I'm applying for temporary work permit. Are they requiring police clearance from previous country you work? I'm currently working here in saudi arabia. How about the ielts? is it one of the requirment? Thank you again and have a nice day!
Hi Melan,

You can read country specific instructions from here:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/philippines/visas/working-travailler.aspx?lang=eng

The "application kit" (including the phone numbers to call for pick up)

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/philippines/assets/pdfs/work_permit-en.pdf

M

Melan

Sir job_seeker, what they mean by 'Proof indicating you meet the requirments being offered' in the checklist of documents to be submitted. Is this mean the deploma and work experience?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Melan said:
Sir job_seeker, what they mean by 'Proof indicating you meet the requirments being offered' in the checklist of documents to be submitted. Is this mean the deploma and work experience?
Yes, diploma/certificate. What type of job are you applying for?

M

Melan

Hello job_seeker, I'm applying for Practical Nurse. Actually I already have my contract and LMO but the problem my current employer told me he will not issue certificate unless I finished my contract with them. I finished 2 contract with them 3 and 2 years. I just finished my last contract last Nov. 1 and I renewed for another 2 years but this january I recieved my LMO and work contract from canada. I resigned but they told me to provide them 90 more days. The problem is my LMO will expire this april 16, 2010. Any advice or opinion what should I do? If I submit my papers to CIC without my certificate from my recent employer will it affect my application of work permit?
Thank you very much.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Melan said:
Hello job_seeker, I'm applying for Practical Nurse. Actually I already have my contract and LMO but the problem my current employer told me he will not issue certificate unless I finished my contract with them. I finished 2 contract with them 3 and 2 years. I just finished my last contract last Nov. 1 and I renewed for another 2 years but this january I recieved my LMO and work contract from canada. I resigned but they told me to provide them 90 more days. The problem is my LMO will expire this april 16, 2010. Any advice or opinion what should I do? If I submit my papers to CIC without my certificate from my recent employer will it affect my application of work permit?
Thank you very much.
As long as you have submitted your application to CIC, and it would probably take as much as 90 days or even more, for your work permit/visa to get processed in the Philippines. The important thing is for you to be able to submit your application to CIC including the LMO. Submit your Diploma, and copies of your payslip or contract (from your present employer) and explain that your present employer is not giving you a certificate of employment right now.

M

Melan

Hello job_seeker. I don't know how to thank you for your effort in giving such excellent adviced. Now it removes my worries and feel sense of relief. I'm going home next month and I will submit all the requirements. Thanks again and God Bless!!