+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Physical presence:

thecalendarguy

Feb 26, 2017
1. Physical presence calculator is asking me for the time that is spent from 18july 2016 to 18july 2021.
Do I need to enter the information for the time 18 july 2016 to 29nov 2017 as in that time I was in India waiting for the ITA and after that COPR to get approved. I came to canada on 29th nov 2017

Note:
I only have travelled to US(once)/ India (2times) after coming to canada. Inshort whatever places I have travelled after coming to canada and becoming PR have been mentioned.

Thank you in advance. Experts Please assist

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
1. Physical presence calculator is asking me for the time that is spent from 18july 2016 to 18july 2021.
Do I need to enter the information for the time 18 july 2016 to 29nov 2017 as in that time I was in India waiting for the ITA and after that COPR to get approved. I came to canada on 29th nov 2017

Note:
I only have travelled to US(once)/ India (2times) after coming to canada. Inshort whatever places I have travelled after coming to canada and becoming PR have been mentioned.

Thank you in advance. Experts Please assist
No. In the physical presence calculator, if the first time you came to Canada was as a Permanent Resident during the eligibility, you'll only have to enter trips from Canada -> Overseas after you became a PR.

Reactions: thecalendarguy

shabou

Feb 8, 2019
No. In the physical presence calculator, if the first time you came to Canada was as a Permanent Resident during the eligibility, you'll only have to enter trips from Canada -> Overseas after you became a PR.
Bonjour,
My nice have the same issues:

dec 2016 to oct 2018: in Canada
nov 2018 to dec 2018 (83 days): in Switzerland
dec 2018 to jan 2019: in Canada
jan 2019 july 2019 (187 days): in Switzerland
july 2019 to jan 2021: in Canada
again in Switzerland, in Canada, in Switzerland, and in Canada.

My question is related to the ADDRESS HISTORY: should my nice consider her trip to Switzerland as vacation? Since the rule stated that "....you don’t need to include addresses of family, friends, hotels or resorts where you stayed while on vacation". In fact, my nice is following her husband (a canadian citizen) who is an international United Nations staff. Her husband duty station is Switzerland (United Nations Office in Switzerland ).

Thank you for your help.

Last edited:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Bonjour,

nov 2018 to dec 2018 (83 days): in France
jan 2019 july 2019 (187 days): in France
again in France, in Canada, in France, and in Canada.

My question is related to the ADDRESS HISTORY: should my nice consider her trip to France as vacation? Since the rule stated that "....you don’t need to include addresses of family, friends, hotels or resorts where you stayed while on vacation". In fact, my nice is following her husband (a canadian citizen) who is an international United Nations staff.

Thank you for your help.
Whether your niece is following a Canadian citizen or not is immaterial (for the address history section).

For the "Address History" section, the residential address in Canada can be used for the period of vacations (for short vacations). On the other hand, if your niece was LIVING outside Canada (long absences from Canada), then she has to mention her residential address in the country she is living.

For example, I would consider "jan 2019 july 2019 (187 days)" trip as a long absence (this is an absence of 6+ months). IMO, she was LIVING/RESIDING in France for this period and also IMO, she should be providing her residential address in France for this period. IMO, 6 months + absence is not exactly a vacation.

I would recommend that someone who has travelled extensively and has long absences from Canada to provide a more streamlined response.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Bonjour,

nov 2018 to dec 2018 (83 days): in Switzerland
jan 2019 july 2019 (187 days): in Switzerland
again in Switzerland, in Canada, in Switzerland, and in Canada.

My question is related to the ADDRESS HISTORY: should my nice consider her trip to Switzerland as vacation? Since the rule stated that "....you don’t need to include addresses of family, friends, hotels or resorts where you stayed while on vacation". In fact, my nice is following her husband (a canadian citizen) who is an international United Nations staff. Her husband duty station is Switzerland (United Nations Office in Switzerland ).

Thank you for your help.
She isn’t in France for a vacation so yes she must include addresses. Looks like she came to Canada for Christmas in 2018 so that would be a vacation but if staying with family I would still include your address. If the Canadian spouse was posted to the UN after she was sponsored and had established herself in Canada then she can maintain her PR status by accompanying her husband abroad for his work.

shabou

Feb 8, 2019
She isn’t in France for a vacation so yes she must include addresses. Looks like she came to Canada for Christmas in 2018 so that would be a vacation but if staying with family I would still include your address. If the Canadian spouse was posted to the UN after she was sponsored and had established herself in Canada then she can maintain her PR status by accompanying her husband abroad for his work.

Thank you for your help and advice.

My nice journey to Canada:

December 2013: became PR (she was sponsored by her husband)
December 2018: apply to renew her PR (with least than 550 days of presence in Canada), because accompanying her husband abroad for his work.
January 2019: left Canada to accompany her husband (a canadian citizen working for the United Nations)
June 2019: applied for the Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) to return to Canada
July 2019: received the Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) to return to Canada
July 2019: received her new PR (valid to January 2024)
July 2021: she planned to apply for citizenship (since she has 1145 days of presence in Canada).

Suggestions and recommendations are welcome. Thank you in advance for your time and help.