+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

physical presence in Canada.

trufantome

Sep 28, 2015
I am a permanent resident of Canada, I work Monday to Friday in the US (at a hospital) but live and own a home in Canada. When I apply for Citizenship, will this hurt my physical presence in Canada, I cross at 7am come back to Canada at 5pm. I will be applying once C-6 goes into effect. I came to Canada on a visitor visa in 2005 and my PR in 2008? Wife and two boys are Canadian. I was rejected for citizenship because I could not verify my days, I filled out my application without having my exit and entry checks done with the US/Canada, I could not explain 41 days missing (I make a lot of day trip to buy grocery from a health food store because my son is highly allergic and some products they do not sell in Canada, and I was not going to lie about where I was for those days as I could not remeber) , I was told to reapply. At the end of the day it was my fault and I did not provide enough information, second time I am better prepared.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
trufantome said:
I am a permanent resident of Canada, I work Monday to Friday in the US (at a hospital) but live and own a home in Canada. When I apply for Citizenship, will this hurt my physical presence in Canada, I cross at 7am come back to Canada at 5pm. I will be applying once C-6 goes into effect. I came to Canada on a visitor visa in 2005 and my PR in 2008? Wife and two boys are Canadian. I was rejected for citizenship because I could not verify my days, I filled out my application without having my exit and entry checks done with the US/Canada, I could not explain 41 days missing (I make a lot of day trip to buy grocery from a health food store because my son is highly allergic and some products they do not sell in Canada, and I was not going to lie about where I was for those days as I could not remeber) , I was told to reapply. At the end of the day it was my fault and I did not provide enough information, second time I am better prepared.
maybe repost in the citizenship thread for a response.