+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Physical presence in Canada (Does study/PGWP count?)

WunderCat

Star Member
Oct 7, 2019
Toronto
NOC Code......
I am so sorry, if this question was asked here previously. Probably was. I on't know to properly formulate it.

So basically the question is in the title. I arrived to Canada 7 years ago. Spend 4 years studying and on my PGWP currently.

I saw somewhere in the news (from 2017) that they would consider study time and PGWP as a half day. But nothing after that.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
The rules are in the 5 years prior to the citizenship application time you can claim one half day for every full day physically in Canada either as a visitor/student/worker to a maximum one year credit.

The remaining 2 years towards the 3 out of 5 years for citizenship must be post becoming a PR.

Last edited:
Reactions: WunderCat

WunderCat

Star Member
Oct 7, 2019
Toronto
NOC Code......
The rules are in the 5 years prior to the citizenship application time you can claim one half day for every full day physically in Canada either as a visitor/student/worker to a maximum one year credit.

The remaining 2 years towards the 3 out of 5 years for citizenship must be post becoming a PR.
Oh I see now, So I only acquired only one year. Thanks!

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC

That's an eye-opener. Thank you so much for this info!