+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Physical Presence Calculator

PHCA

Aug 1, 2017
Calgary, AB
LANDED..........
I left Canada as PR back in July 23, 2011 and returned still as PR October 30, 2015. I am doing the calculator and not sure if I am doing this right.. I did visit the US (for internship on first visit and second visit for vacation) and Japan(vacation) and was living in the Philippines as I was studying there, also worked for a few months while waiting for graduation and before returning to Canada. I keep on listing Philippines as I am trying to write it in order. Also, after saving it of course it said that my date was outside my 5-year eligibility period. But that was the only time I left Canada, never left since I returned back in 2015. Please advice if this is the right way to do this? Thank you so so much! My "reason" box looks like this... sorry don't know how to attach photo here.
Philippines - Reason: School
United States - Reason: Internship
Japan - Reason: Vacation
United States - Reason: Vacation
Philippines - Reason: School and Work

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Start from the start date of your eligibility period. 2011 is too far back. They are not explicitly asking for where you were BEFORE the eligibility period, so stick to that.

Your eligibility if you are filling now roughly is from Oct 2013-2018, So start from that where ever you were at that point in time and keep moving from there. Rest looks fine

PHCA

Aug 1, 2017
Calgary, AB
LANDED..........
Start from the start date of your eligibility period. 2011 is too far back. They are not explicitly asking for where you were BEFORE the eligibility period, so stick to that.

Your eligibility if you are filling now roughly is from Oct 2013-2018, So start from that where ever you were at that point in time and keep moving from there. Rest looks fine
Thanks for the reply. But it is asking for the date I left Canada and that was the day I left Canada as PR - back in 2011. Stayed in the PH since then. My other travels within my eligibility period are in the reason box.