+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Physical Presence Calculator: "Temporary Resident Permit Holder" or "Temporary Worker" for Open work permit?

yhome

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Hi everyone,

I am filling the citizenship application for my wife. She was holding an open work permit before having her PR. In the Physical Presence Calculator, should I select "Temporary Resident Permit Holder" or "Temporary Worker" for this period?

Thanks!

Reactions: Troy2245

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
I've got the same question and haven't been able to find any documents that clearly explains the difference. Did you find out which one you should select?
I was on a visitor visa, then applied for PR and got an open work permit before getting my PR and I'm not sure if that period should be listed as "Temporary Resident Permit Holder" or "Temporary Worker".

I've search the different forums here and I've kinda seen uses of both so I'm confused.

abff08f4813c

Feb 24, 2023
It's definitely Temporary Worker. A Temporary Resident Permit Holder is something completely different and doesn't apply to most people. You also have to apply for it and spent some time waiting and hoping that it gets approved, so if you were one, you'd definitely know about it. (I.e. if you have to ask, then it doesn't apply to you.)